KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of Seismic
Is this your company?

Percolate

Add a Review

Percolate Employee Reviews about "hard working"

Updated Nov 19, 2019

Found 8 of over 159 reviews

3.6
Percolate CEO Randy Wootton
Randy Wootton
Pros
  • "Employees are very smart and hard working - everyone seems to be rowing in the right direction(in 9 reviews)

• "Percolate is a great company with a very good work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Do not believe in any work life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "It is fast paced- so you need to be ready for a that(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "hard working"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Nov 19, 2019 - Business Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing, hard-working, and smart.

Cons

Transparency and communication from the c-suite could be improved. Company allhands meetings were vague and pointless. Office typically empty due to flexible WFH leading to a not very lively environment

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strong SaaS model w/ bright future in this market

Aug 4, 2016 -  in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Employees are very smart and hard working - everyone seems to be rowing in the right direction -Noah Brier one of the smartest CEOs in this business and he has a strong vision for the product. He is also a good guy in general and is willing to listen to everyone at the company, no matter how junior they are. -Growth: Strong revenue growth and quarterly reporting - Percolate does not miss quarterly numbers. -Business Fundamentals: Percolate made a high profile hire in bringing on Pete Perrone as CFO earlier this year. He has displayed strong management of our financials to put the company in a strong position in the market. -Office: The SoHo office is great - much better than being stuck in midtown. The SF office is really nice as well.

Cons

-The work is tough and some of the challenges require a personality who really enjoy solving problems, not someone who is simply willing to fill a chair.

2 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excited to go to work every day

Feb 3, 2016 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Percolate is an incredible company to work for. Every person is incredibly smart, incredibly driven and all working hard to ensure we accomplish amazing things. Leadership is thoughtful and smart. And they both appreciate and reward hard work. There is no other place I'd rather go to work everyday. No other group of people I'd rather go into battle with every day. And if you are looking for a place to grow your career, learn invaluable amounts and to be valued as an employee, Percolate is the place for you.

Cons

I have not looked back once since I started at Percolate. And can't think of any cons to list.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Learning Experience

May 17, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Percolate for years now and I continue having a great experience. I work with incredible people, I enjoy a good balance between hard work and time off, and most importantly I have incredible mentors who encourage me to take on new challenges and grow my skill set.

Cons

Just like any other young company we go through a lot of change, and sometimes it can be stressful to figure out how to adapt, but the leadership has improved the way they communicate the reasoning behind decisions and I feel confident that we're heading in the right direction.

7 people found this review helpful

Percolate Response

People Operations

We are also feeling confident we are heading in the right direction and feel really good about our current leadership team. We're also happy to hear that you are continuing to feel challenged and continuing to grow in your role. Thanks for your review!

5. 4.0

Product, Experience, Impact, People, Growth

Nov 30, 2016 - Sales in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Product: I came to Percolate after seeing a demo that a sales person gave me after a brief run in at SXSW. I was working as a social media manager on an integrated digital marketing team and I had just evaluated and on-boarded a different SMMS. I applied for a job that day on the customer success team in NYC. The product vision is that compelling, especially to those who have felt the pain(s) of a decentralized marketing organization. The Experience: Percolate is the type of work environment that pushes you so hard and so fast that it seems like you blink and you're skilled at things you never thought you could do. For someone who is trying to shape their career, this is immeasurable. I can say that my first day on the job, I had never run a meeting or a phone call, and was downright nervous to do so. In no time at all, I was fortunate enough to be sitting at the table with marketing executives from some of the biggest companies in the world, and feeling confident about my contributions. The exposure is unreal. The Impact: If you want your voice to be heard at Percolate and you go about it in a mindful way, it will be. The office environment is as such that I always feel empowered to be vocal about my thoughts on just about anything - the good, the bad and the ugly. It's an amazing feeling to be able to bring ideas to the table and see them recognized and considered, delivered or rethought. Impact comes in all shapes and sizes, and this is one aspect of the company that I do not feel has ever changed. The People/Relationships: I cannot say enough about the people I work with - they're brilliant, they're hard-working, they're challenging, they're fun, they're interesting, they're loyal and they're there for you. Working at a startup can be turbulent, and it's the people around you who bring you back to reality when times get hard. Something I find especially valuable is the ease by which you're able to establish relationships with those in other departments (sales, CS, product management, design, engineering) through independently formed integrated meetings. What's more is that the company still feels small enough that after being at Percolate for a couple of weeks, you know exactly who to go to if you want to brainstorm something niche. The work I feel most proud of at this company has started with a quick sales x product management chat. The Growth: The breadth of work itself helps you hone in on your natural skills and management encourages forging your own path in the company. There are growth opportunities within teams of course, but taking another path is not out of the ordinary at all here. All in all, Percolate is an exciting place to be and I am a happy employee of 1.5 years.

Cons

There are no boundaries unless you make them for yourself. There can be ups and downs with management. Relationships are pivotal to your career and your impact at the company (not that this is any different than any other company, but it can be a pro or a con depending on how you interact with others).

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the Best Places Ive Worked!

Jul 17, 2014 - Account Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great atmosphere, people are absolutely awesome! Free lunch 3 days a week, snacks around the clock, cold beer in the fridge after a hard work day. -When clients see the product they love it, great feedback. -Well funded by Sequoia Capital

Cons

- None really. One thing is that when people are let go, it does seem like its out of the blue.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place to kick-start and build a career.

Nov 18, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Percolate is by far the best company I have worked for. It's also nice to come to work everyday and be surrounded by intelligent, hard-working, and friendly people. - Fast paced environment. - There is real opportunity for professional development here and the company truly cares about fostering growth amongst its employees. - Management is dedicated, approachable and experts in their respective fields.

Cons

There isn't much structure on my team and there is oftentimes a lack of communication between contract and permanent employees.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Learn from my mistake

Feb 11, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You will work with extremely smart and hard-working individual contributors - Very innovative product: Big props to the product teams who work many countless hours to build out new features and capabilities - Chance to work with big brands (clients) from a variety of verticals - Opportunity to learn about the SaaS industry and business - Incredible marketing team. They definitely know what they're doing!

Cons

- Instability: Client Solutions and sales teams supporting mid-market clients were hired in September; laid off in February. - Negativity: People live in a constant state wondering if they will have a job tomorrow. This creates distrust and fear among employees...of the Board, the executive team, and even one another. - No work/life balance: Management often told us that they would push us to our breaking point (intentionally) for the sake of efficiency. - Lack of honesty: I question the ethical practices of some things I've witnessed working here. What we tell clients (and employees) is not what is delivered. - No leadership: Yes, there are managers, but there are very few leaders - people willing to stand up for the right thing. - Lack of ownership: If you bring problems or concerns to light, management will tell you, "Well, it's a start up. What did you expect?" - Little professionalism: As a satellite office, we worked out of a tiny co-working space the duration of our careers at Percolate though we were promised an office on Congress. Even during all-hands meetings, leaders would use the F bomb in ways that seemed completely inappropriate. My performance reviews were never tailored to me; they were copy/pasted for others who did my job. - Dying to be cool: Percolate wants nothing more than to be the 'cool' company that everyone wants to work for, but no one seems to realize that hiring and retaining good talent is where 'cool' begins.

44 people found this review helpful