Perfect Sense Reviews | Glassdoor

"Lots of Potential"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Perfect Sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company gives employees a lot of autonomy, CEO is very involved and invested in projects, free lunches, great people to work with, younger employees are given a lot of exposure & experience, great clients and interesting work, fast-paced environment, company is big on community outreach & giving back.

Cons

Organization is still growing, so if you are someone expecting a formal performance review or guided approach to handling projects, you might not get that (this isn't a con for myself but may be for others). Location isn't the best. Resourcing on projects could be improved.

Advice to Management

Hire more designers

Mar 10, 2017 – CEO

In 2017 we added a formal company and personal goal plan. The plan is tied to our overall product roadmap which will improve our overall platform positioning in the marketplace. The 2017 plan will ... More

"Great first job"

I have been working at Perfect Sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging work environment, great people

Cons

Flat organization can make promotions/pay increases difficult

Mar 10, 2017 – CEO

In 2017 we have created many more opportunities for growth with our shared product teams and focus on individual expertise in the many parts of our client projects and platforms. We have moved from ... More

"Very rewarding opportunity! I love my job again!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Reston, VA

I have been working at Perfect Sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working for both small and large companies, Perfect Sense definitely sits in the sweet spot for me. A smaller company with big clients and the ability to make an impact on a large audience. It is hard to find such a diverse set of interesting clients and products all in one place. The talent at Perfect Sense is impressive and everyone is focused on delivering top quality to clients. The founders and senior management care not only for their employees but also the community around them.

Cons

With such a fast paced environment, and at times rapidly changing priorities, clear direction on requirements and priorities are key and can vary from project to project.

Advice to Management

Sometimes momentum can be lost when resources are moved to other projects. Keeping resources engaged to completion will help with overall scheduling and deadlines. As the company grows, continue to focus on each individual employee. This is a large part of what makes the company great and motivates employees. Implement a more structured performance and review plan and stick to it.

Apr 8, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your comments. The company in 2017 has implemented it's first formal and structured review plan. Previously bonuses were paid based on company performance (and have been paid every ... More

"Awesome internship!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Reston, VA

I have been working at Perfect Sense (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience, definitely left with more skills than I came with
    Everyone who works there is super nice and awesome
    Office is cool and great location!

Cons

It can sometimes be pretty unorganized such as in the intern program

Advice to Management

For the intern program, it would be helpful if there were more balanced mentors in terms of specialization.

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Reston, VA

Pros

Energetic environment, GREAT people, plenty of opportunities to get out of your comfort zone and rise to the occasion, beautiful work-space

Cons

The pace and workload can sometimes be overwhelming

"Lack of focus for future expansion"

Former Employee - Business Development in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Reston, VA

I worked at Perfect Sense full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some good people and the software is very good.

Cons

Lack of professionalism and direction by the owners will cost them in retaining talent and expanding.

Advice to Management

Get a better game plan.

"Never a dull moment"

I have been working at Perfect Sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are the type who wishes to excel in all your endeavors, if failure is never an option in Life, if the sun is there for you to embody its glowing energy, if your focus is on solving complex issues, if your will is made of iron, if you do not fall on your knees when problems arise, then Perfect Sense Digital will personify the apotheosis of the pure perfection which you seek. After all, excellence demands much; mediocrity none!

Each and every day is a joy, enriching and rewarding in the knowledge gained.

Cons

Requirements vary from projects to projects, some better than others.

Advice to Management

Enforce better documentation throughout the project life cycle.

"Love it! PSD has been great for my career and my family."

I have been working at Perfect Sense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay with a great bonus plan. The quality of work is always excellent which translates to working with very talented people. The vacation plan has gotten a lot better over the years too. The owners really do care that you are successful at work as well as at home.

Cons

If you are NOT someone who strives to be TOP TALENT, PSD is probably not the place for you. Attrition seems high at times, but as an employee it's appreciated. We often have tight deadlines with complex projects and having a competent team to rely on is huge.

Jul 20, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for taking your time to write your review. I do appreciate the feedback. Close to 40% of our team has been with the company for more than 4 years now. We have a couple roles that have ... More

"Unique Opportunity"

I have been working at Perfect Sense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team members collaborate and are willing to help each other out. Company products are innovative and interesting to work with. Each employee has an opportunity to impact the bottom line through personal effort and efficiency. Developers can grow through exposure to a wide range of projects. Good vacation, pay, and benefits.

Cons

Workload is often huge and resources are spread thin.

Jul 22, 2015 – CEO

We have expanded our work force by 20 percent this year and revenue will grow less than 10% (per plan). We have successfully made the shift to license and services revenue, that helps with the ... More

"Great experience working at Perfect Sense Digital"

I have been working at Perfect Sense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's a lot of great people and talent, which makes all the difference. It's casual and driven at the same time. You always know where the company stands. Great portfolio of work too. Good company perks and good location in the town center.

Cons

While there's an open door policy, and you can always ask questions, sometimes you can miss out on information I feel like.