Perfect Teeth Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Frederic W. J. Birner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company with room to grow a career"

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The diversity of employees is truly amazing. There is a real family feel to the way friendships and camaraderie is built at each office. Each employee has a unique background and idea set to bring to the table. The benefits and vacation time are generous and allow for a good work-life balance. Best dental benefits ever!

Cons

Certain locations have high turnover, resulting in some employees having to transfer locations to help cover the shortfall.

Advice to Management

The internal promotions and upward mobility are excellent, however it would behoove upper management to offer more competitive pay raises.

2. "People Seem Genuinely Happy"

Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time

Pros

I have worked in dental for many years and I can honestly say that in my experience, the people here seem very happy and authentic. We are a for-profit organization, and numbers are talked about, but not to the extent that I've seen elsewhere. The offices are open normal business hours and are closed on weekends. People come here to enjoy a great work-life balance and I believe they get that. The offices have a private practice look and feel (apart from the name!). Most offices are built for one dentist and 1 hygienist. The benefits are really good, especially compared to other large dental companies. I believe our best years are yet to come.

Cons

Some of the locations are older and a little out-dated, but they are scheduled to be remodeled or renovated over the next couple of years.

Advice to Management

I believe the offices and people could benefit by having a little more access to other offices outside their regions (best practices, what's working well, etc). I also think we could celebrate the 'positives' from an organizational standpoint. I worry a lot of the good we do isn't known across the organization.

3. "Good company that's only getting better!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for Perfect Teeth for more than five years. As with all companies there are benefits (the good) and opportunities for improvement (the bad), but in my experience the benefits have far outweighed any area for opportunity. The good: good work/life balance, good opportunities for growth, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries, good bonus opportunity, great employees, experienced dentists, good clinical staff; good support staff both in office and from the corporate office , great locations (CO, NM & AZ).

Cons

Many of the areas for opportunity that I've experienced are being addressed by the company. Some of the offices are outdated, but many have been updated or are slated for updating. There is high turnover in some positions and managers seem stretched thin sometimes, but there has been a greater emphasis on training and employee retention over the course of the past year so I am hopeful that these two things will improve over the upcoming years.

Advice to Management

Personally, I believe that better communication and empowerment of employees would greatly improve both morale and customer experience.

"Great Company that Treats Employees Well, Great First Career Opportunity"

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a number of great things I can mention about working for Perfect Teeth. I am very satisfied with my compensation as well as my work/life balance. I feel like I have a lot of opportunities to take time for myself when I need to. Also, I have always felt welcome and happy working with my fellow employees. I love that everyone shares a genuine passion to further the Perfect Teeth company. It makes a big difference when you work people that love what they do! Working for Perfect Teeth has given me a lot of freedom to present my ideas for future projects as well as working on my own. I appreciate the trust and confidence for me to accomplish my tasks. I have also appreciated the constant guidance and advice I receive. I have learned a lot of useful tools and skills that I can apply to any future work opportunity.

Cons

The only thing I can say for improvement would have to be better organization from upper management when it comes to prioritizing tasks and projects. Sometimes there is not a clear set of directions as to what projects should take priority over others, therefore making my job somewhat unorganized at times.

5. "Great Place to Work!!!!"

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Benefit package The company increased its medical coverage
     without increasing our out of pocket
    Prefect Teeth offers:
    Medical/Dental/Vision
    FSA account
    Vacation /Sick time...and much more!!!

Cons

Cant really think of any at this time

Advice to Management

Keep going the direction you are heading...Patients First

6. "A company on the rise with the desire to be the Gold Standard in their field"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The executive and management teams are very motivated to raise the level of expertise within the group practice genre. They are making changes to how they viewed things over the past few years in an effort to attract top talent in the dental field.

Cons

A more comprehensive training program will need to be developed to prepare the current team and potential new employees to achieve the companies desired results.

Advice to Management

Continue you current philosophy and you will obtain your company vision and goals.

"Managing Dentist in Albuquerque"

Current Employee - Managing Dentist in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Managing Dentist in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. Providers are given quite a bit of freedom to practice dentistry the way they want to. Providers and staff really care about the patients and their treatment. Senior management in Albuquerque is a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Lack of control over staff compensation and retention. Great employees are sometimes lost to private practice where they can earn more.

Advice to Management

A better system to communicate to staff about bonuses and pay increases and possibly getting provider input when considering, especially their chair-side assistants and what compensation is adequate for the responsibilities they have and the skills they bring to the practice.

"Feel very important, many people depend on my work and the company trusts me."

Current Employee - Dentst in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Dentst in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No worry about paying rent, salaries, and hiring and firing staff. Diverse patient load with devoted and very upbeat staff.

Cons

Feel need to always be at work due to necessity of being the dentist in charge. Cannot participate in local dental society meetings due to their Thursday night occurance with my long commute and need to work on Fridays.

Advice to Management

Have a corporate Christmas party on a Saturday night.

"I have had a great working experience with Perfect Teeth. It has been a very positive environment."

Current Employee - Dental Office Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The employees are great to work with. Patients are like family. Lots of support from the corporate office.

Cons

Patients can sometimes be difficult to deal with.

Advice to Management

More employee recognition for a job well done.

"***Gold Standard***"

Current Employee - Operation Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operation Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Perfect Teeth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benetit package 401/Medical/Dental/Vision
    New Gold Standards are good alot of us already do this.
    Patient care is priority the way it should be.
    Perfect Teeth has a great HR Dept. they have helped implement many good changes
    over the last few years and have made PT a quality company and a place to have a career.
    Alot of employees have been with the company as many as 5 yrs all the way back to its inception. That says alot!!!

Cons

Salries could be a little better Certain positions star out alittle low for this market
    and I think we loose some good people due to this.

Advice to Management

Perfect Teeth has shifted to a very positive patient care "Patients First" protocol. This is a good direction to keep going. This philosophy if it stays will really widen the gap between us and our competitors in dental care. If we continue to treat patients with compassion,honesty, and quality dental care PT can't fail and will continue to grow.