Perfectly Posh Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Ann Dalton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I love that I can work as much or little as I want with great products (in 21 reviews)

• 360 in more free product for making sales goals (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be super discouraging when these ladies put themselves out there and they feel like no one is responding (in 8 reviews)

• I have never had any issues working with perfectly posh always great support when you need it,great they expanded more warehouses (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Opportunity for Fun, Friends and Financial Freedom!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Perfectly Posh part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set my own hours
    Low minimum purchase requirements that are only required every 6 months
    Minimal start up money
    Easy to achieve goals and incentives for growth
    Great team support!
    Fun product names that make them easy to introduce and sell
    NON-TOXIC products made from natural ingredients

Cons

Not many - it is as good or as bad as you make it!

2. "Perfectly Posh Independent Consultant"

I worked at Perfectly Posh part-time

Pros

You make your own schedule, get to party with and pamper friends while you share your products.

Cons

Pay is based solely on sales so it isn’t totally stable.

3. "Lots of room for growth, and they listen!"

Current Employee - Pink+1 Independent Consultant in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Pink+1 Independent Consultant in Naples, FL

I have been working at Perfectly Posh part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Listens to consultant's requests & suggestions
    Very low pressure sales goals
    No re-occuring fees
    Free Website
    Starter Kit includes full value of what you spend to join, plus tons for your money
    Teams are generally very supportive and uplifting
    Not overcrowded with consultants, so less competition to get to people first

Cons

Commission is capped at 25%
    Sponsors see VERY little from individual down line team members; you have to have a large down line to see a good portion of commission skimmed from their sales.

Advice to Management

Add another teir of commissions-- maybe 30%
    More incentives, commission wise, for adding team members

"Not an environment for professionals"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Perfectly Posh full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, short commute for people near Salt Lake City

Cons

- Near zero management from the managers.
    - No attitude of building careers.
    - Overloaded "executive" and "management" team.
    - Too many Directors and Managers of no one.

Advice to Management

Hold accountability for all direct reports. Don't decoy your job just because the job will allow it.

"Don't waste your time"

Current Employee - Consultant in Okeechobee, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Okeechobee, FL

I have been working at Perfectly Posh part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Products are great. Fun packaging.

Cons

Products are way too expensive. Consultants must purchase at full price, then wait a week to get their commission for it, plus we have to pay a fee for a Visa card to receive our commisions & are also charged an additional fee to have it transferred to our bank account. There are too many consultants out there & let's face it, NO ONE wants to have another home party of any kind. I've been in it over a year & have not been able to book a home spa. People are too busy & the products are too expensive. Plus the hostess benefits suck. I'm still in the hole about $700 from supplies & stock I haven't been able to sell bc there is too much competition.

Advice to Management

Lower prices, teach upline managers to stop giving up on their downline just bc we don't make them enough commission in sales. It's made me want to quit numerous times.

"Toxic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Perfectly Posh full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people: Most coworkers and Consultants are great.
    Competitive pay
    401K and Medical
    Flexible time-- come in whenever as long as you get your work done.
    Some good products, and 50% employee discount up to $150/month retail price.

Cons

Change for the sake of change
    Lack of process or strategy
    Everyone is worried about their jobs
    Impossible deadlines-- set everyone up to fail and creates problems that could be avoided if things were strategized and given the time to succeed.
    Projects set up to fail.
    Lack of recognition for good behavior and work

Everything project is given an impossible deadline. Everyone and every project is setup to fail because there is an idea for a promotion or project, and it must be implemented NOW. We are told a project must be launched on x day, we tell the leaders there is not enough time or resources for the moving pieces to be executed successfully, but it doesn’t matter because we HAVE to do them because the CEO says so. Those projects are launched publicly to our thousands of Consultants, and it creates even more problems and embarrassment for us. If we are actually given the time to strategize and plan for a project, the project is changed the day before, sometimes the hour before the project is launched. The CEO thrives on chaos and fear, and does not approve things that have order or confidence behind them. Every day is the end of the world here. You can never take time off without worrying about what is blowing up at work with your job, and if you will even have your job when you come back.

The CEO is a micro-manager and does not give any autonomy to the leaders of departments or projects. Every small decision must be approved by her. The leaders and bosses of the company are all “yes-men” she has hired who do not stand up to her or defend their people. This all furthers her decision to micro-manage and control the employees.

Everyone is worried that they are going to be fired. Multiple people are being fired each month, and an equal number of people are leaving for other jobs because they think they are about to be fired. When those people leave, instead of hiring someone to replace them, the work is handed off to another employee with no promotion, raise, or recognition. A “thank you for taking on another full-time job without pay” would even be nice. On the other hand, employees who are known to do little work are getting promoted to higher management and executive positions.I have never seen so much rewarding of negative behavior coupled with so much punishment for good behavior.

In job interviews, you will be told that our company is growing so fast, and we are doing SO well that the sky is the limit to what you can do. They are lying because they are so desperate to get people to work here. I have witnessed multiple new employees crying in the bathroom because they were lied to in their interview and left decent jobs to come here. They pay enough over the average salary for your position to get you hired, but I promise you that it is not worth the damage you will have to your soul. It is so corrupt.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the CEO and put her as a figurehead for the story of Posh. She will be the downfall of the company, as she is the reason that talented people are leaving in droves and why we are not even close to hitting our sales and recruiting numbers.

Recognize your employees who are doing great work. If they are taking on a significant amount of new work, offer them a raise or a bonus instead of making them feel like they have to take the job on “or else . . .”

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Perfectly Posh full-time

Pros

I love working at Perfectly Posh! The people I work with are brilliant and the company has a bright future.

Cons

The company is growing fast, there is always work to do, and never a dull moment.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Perfectly Posh part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome products, some work amazingly well on skin issues. Love some of the gals they are great leaders, conventions a blast. Used to make some decent money when joined a few years ago..

Cons

Getting rid of having us purchase things such as bath bombs in such a high volume qty, Not making it easy for people too want to buy from you any longer. Always pushing consultants to purchase more product we don't need this much Posh and you will go Posh Broke! Go back to the old ways was much nicer.. Greed will only kill the company. Need to spend a lot to try to do events and things only to be stuck with so much overstock as things change too quickly..

Advice to Management

Stop having these little stores and go back to the old way of letting everyone purchase what they want and need , not making us buy big amounts only to go broke in the process and make Ann ( CEO) richer.. She doesn't care about anyone but herself

"Great company"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Levittown, PA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Levittown, PA

I worked at Perfectly Posh full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really enjoyed going to work every day

Cons

Don't really have anything to put in this section

Advice to Management

Have fun

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Consultant in Phelps, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in Phelps, NY

I worked at Perfectly Posh part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Products are “okay” at best

Cons

Ann Dalton is evil. She hates consultants, backstabs employees and lies constantly. The entire business is a manipulation of consultants forcing them to buy products and materials.

Advice to Management

Shut the whole crap show down.

Perfectly Posh Response

Nov 10, 2017 – VP of HR

Thank you for expressing your feedback about your experience as a Perfectly Posh Independent Consultant. We value our Consultants and want to ensure we continue to offer an environment of learning... More