Perficient Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Dec 4, 2020

4.0
Perficient Chairman, President and CEO Jeffrey Davis
Jeffrey Davis
Pros
  • "Provides great work-life balance(in 121 reviews)

• "Work from home situation in covid has been coordinated very well(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working with other business units can be a challenge(in 32 reviews)

• "work-life balance can be challenging(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Perficient and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Regional UX Manager

Nov 1, 2017 - Regional User Experience Manager in Hopewell, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great list of clients , Fast growing company , Work from Home. I like work life balance, Christmas/New Year party

Cons

As a consultant your interaction with management is limited to email or phone hence you need to be proactive about reaching out

Talent Acquisition Program Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you like the atmosphere, co-workers, and benefits. Our employee survey shows 88% agree with you, and Perficient works hard to create a welcoming environment for all employees. We will be sure to share your feedback with the leadership team and encourage you to do the same.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

No Identity, poor leadership

Apr 2, 2020 - Lead Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home opportunities can be nice, although generally it is because they push to be infrastructure light and don't offer true offices

Cons

-No identity - they purchase other firms to grow and they don't create any synergies or have an actual collaborative model, they just aggregate revenue. -Consultants are completely disconnected from quality of delivery. Bonuses are based solely on how many hours you can billed, no direct performance incentives or company performance incentive. -Leadership is extremely poor. May be personal bias adding to this, but from end of year e-mails with a dozen typos from the CEO, to the longest company-wide communication during my 3 years there being a declaration of victory that we had sponsored the then STL Rams (The CEO's favorite team), my 100 person firm was purchased and I joined a firm with absolutely no care for who I was other than rate/salary. -Many more

7 people found this review helpful

manager

Thank you for your service with us. We will pass this feedback along, although there actually are other bonus programs consultants qualify for, such as the leadership bonus or the blogging bonus. We are sorry to hear you did not see any of the initiatives or internal campaigns rolled out over the past few years. While we do have many successful stories of colleagues coming on through an acquisition, we understand there is stress that comes along with that change and do our best to mitigate it. Here's an example for inspiration: https://blogs.perficient.com/2020/03/05/how-to-navigate-an-acquisition-to-career-success/ While we do have several editors for all communications, especially to our internal constituents, we understand true leadership isn't measured by word count in emails. Based on sentence about the alleged typos, we might be following different style manuals. We hope you find happiness and success in your next role.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Large company with a lot of offices and different management styles

Apr 5, 2019 - Lead Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's hard to summarize all of Perficient in one review. Part of the growth model is based on acquisitions so different business units/ teams can feel like completely different companies with very different policies and management styles. That said here are the pros and cons for my business unit: Flexible work from home policy and good management. Never felt micro-managed and as long as you get your work done and clients are happy, you can do pretty much what you want. Interesting technology and good clients, never had a tense conversation with a client or was staffed on an impossible project. Happy hours, good team work and overall smart people. No drama or politics that I could see.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for growth, you have to push really hard to move up. and come in with a clear plan. It feels like higher up management only cares about sales revenue, employee satisfaction and customer satisfaction are only important if it can drive revenue up. Somewhat bureaucratic - getting an unusual expense approved is a pain, 2 weeks of vacation needs approval from several managers, the time tracking systems are cumbersome and God help you if you need something from IT. Nothing really exciting about the company, it can be a fine place to work, but it feels like a pretty standard 9 to 5, which can be good if you're just looking for a paycheck.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not good if you have a family

Feb 20, 2020 - Lead Technical Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Better pay than most. Some work from home.

Cons

Bad work life balance, Really negative managers. Bad hours, they expect you to be there Monday morning to Friday night and log 40 hrs not including travel. It is hard to get reimburse for your travel. Training is all on you, if you pass the certification they might reimburse you. They have a lot of H1B's that think they are better than the US born Developers. Bonuses are weak, they always have a reason not to give one, I think I got one over the 3 years for 2k.

3 people found this review helpful

manager

Thank you for your service with us. We wish you the best of luck in your next role.

5. 1.0

The Longer I am Here, the Worse it Becomes

Jun 13, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home has been introduced but mostly because the office is empty due to everyone quitting or getting laid off.

Cons

Here we go: Benefits are obscenely bad. No paternity or maternity leave (in 2019!). PTO is extremely low when compared to other agencies. Holiday schedule is a joke, although you are given a floating holiday in case you want the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve off. All of the equipment and internal software is outdated and difficult to use, although we are somehow a tech company. They do roll something out with minor improvements every few months with no training, though. Internal processes are weighed down with administrative red tape that makes getting to a decision or next step impossible in the short term. This may be due to those administrators trying to justify their jobs for the next round of expected layoffs. The work is boring. No new exciting clients have come through the door in some time. None of the other business units know what the agency does, so work has dried up, which is why morale is in the dumps. All anyone cares about is utilization and bringing work forward, but no new work is coming in. Everyone is worried about the next round of layoffs. It's hard to imagine this business unit lasting another year. Very few of the directors review work or coach their employees.

11 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to work with

Feb 10, 2020 - Senior Technical Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Salary is better than most of the consulting farms 2) Work from home option can be availed if in case of need 3) Understanding management

Cons

1) Management needs to be more proactive in managing project milestones

manager

We're happy you've had a good experience so far! If you have any ideas on how to better improve the milestone process, we are open to hearing them. If you don't feel comfortable sending ideas to your manager, you can always submit them to glassdoor@perficient.com. We would love to hear!

7. 4.0

Its good place to work

Jul 29, 2019 - Business Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours. Work from home.

Cons

Bottom end of salary scale

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

SFDC Practice is growing, innovative and challenging.

Nov 3, 2014 - Delivery Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent leadership in the SFDC practice. Very experienced in SFDC ecosystem and professional services. - Teams are very supportive of each other and pitch in to help, when needed. - Good work/life balance and ability to work from home - Excellent benefits - Challenging projects solving interesting business problems - In general, a collaborative and energized environment - Perficient as a whole operates with integrity and fairness - Perficient isn't the 'coolest' company ever, but they take care of their customers and employees.

Cons

- Your experience at Perficient will depend on which practice you work for (SFDC, Oracle, Fin, etc.). Each practice appears to have it's own culture/personality. - Operationally Perficient runs very lean so that translates into less than ideal operational support from HR, Legal, and Sales Ops - HR responsiveness is horrible. Slow to respond and assistance of little value.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great people, lots of opportunity

Jul 5, 2016 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Perficient is a consulting firm that offers tremendous opportunities and a variety of work experiences. Motivated consultants can forge a path here, and will have many opportunities to showcase talents and to be rewarded for work. Perficient has a generous work from home policy and promotes from within. Perficient is a consulting firm, consulting is not for everyone, but for those who enjoy the variety of work, becoming an expert in a specific field or industry and demonstrating thought leadership, Perficient can provide an exciting and rewarding career. Perficient has good fluidity across business units and has a variety of roles. Benefits and vacation policy are solid. There truly is work/life balance here and individual managers care about their people. Consultants are encouraged to blog and share their expertise and the blogs are widely read. This can really help elevate your profile and can help with MVP recognition.

Cons

Perficient has primarily grown via acquisition. In some cases the acquired companies have taken a long time to assimilate, leading to a disjointed experience depending on the business unit. The current management team seems to be addressing this and driving a cohesive experience across all business units.

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0

Perficient

Jan 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good PTO, can work from home, good benefits

Cons

Poor management and training of employees if you aren't in development

1 person found this review helpful