Perficient Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

4.0
Perficient Chairman, President and CEO Jeffrey Davis
Jeffrey Davis
Pros
  • "Provides great work-life balance(in 121 reviews)

• "Work from home situation in covid has been coordinated very well(in 52 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working with other business units can be a challenge(in 32 reviews)

• "work-life balance can be challenging(in 22 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Perficient and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Perficient is a really awesome place to work with many benefits that come from working on different projects.

Jan 8, 2021 - Associate Technical Consultant in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Awesome work/life balance - Great Salary - Great growth prospects as long as you work hard - Provides awesome training resources and feedback

Cons

- Vacation days could be better aligned.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Perficient is great, I'd do it again in a heart beat but it's a challenge

Oct 2, 2020 - Senior Technical Consultant in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team members and amazing leaders at the business unit level, everyone wants to help out and is really friendly. I really felt at home when the top level business unit leads would sit down at a company picnic and talk with my significant other and I, it felt like a small tight knit family. - Culture within the business unit is great, they listen to concerns, care and make changes where they can - Work/Life balance is nice, rarely get over 40 hours - 1 floating holiday per quarter is a nice perk - For your first project, they align your skills and location with the client project really well.

Cons

- It's expected to go above and beyond because you have to stay up to date with skills, while delivering 40 hours at the client, head to team events, hosting brown bags every once in a while. It's a challenge - But when in quarterly reviews the difference between a "3" (average) and "4" (going above and beyond) has very little impact on bonuses - It's a little weird going to company events but work at the clients site with very few of them - Compensation is a little low and they know it. Bonus are small and somewhat random but 2-3% raises help some - Be a bit concerned if you're on the bench for more than a couple weeks because it's all about utilization rates. Quickly going from "Don't worry, use this time to learn a language you've wanted to." to "Sorry, but we're going to have to.." - Some clients required travel across the US for planning meetings, but the suggested weekend or night travel time wasn't recognized as hours worked

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Job of my dreams at a great company!

Jan 9, 2020 - Marketing Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Company is growing so there are opportunities that might not immediately exist - Company provides regular communication, listen to and consider new ideas, and continually encouraging growth, both personally and professionally - Company understands work-life balance and actually respects that - Culture is conducive to creating friends and mentors with lots of opportunities to get involved based on your interests - You get to work with top thought leaders in several industries -- smart, collaborative, willing to share (you typically don't get such easy access and support) - Our clients are top name brands and we are doing incredible things that impact the way business is done across the world. That's powerful! (and fun to be associated with) - This is a place you can call home; many employees have been here a long time which allows deep integration into the business and the ability to create pathways to success for others

Cons

No company is perfect. While we grow, there are things that are evolving (updating technology, adding office space, formalizing procedures, etc.) that come along with any growing company. It's important to not get hung up on what's wrong, but to focus on what is happening that is right and the progress in actions (not just words) that support that. With this growth is an opportunity to define the future and the role you play in it. That mindset is rewarded at Perficient.

Perficient Response

manager

It sounds like you're having a great experience! Thank you for your thoughtful feedback.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

OK place to work

Oct 13, 2020 - Senior Solution Architect in Allentown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work Management seems to care about employees Good work/life balance

Cons

401K match is poor No sick and max 2 week accrual on PTO (can only have 2 weeks of PTO then you stop accruing time) Bonus is not substantial No real method for career growth

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work/life balance, professional growth, great team

Oct 1, 2020 - Technical Architect in Lafayette, LA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to learn and grow. Promotes a great work/life balance. Great team to work and collaborate with. Everyone works well together and helps each other to grow professionally.

Cons

Limited availability of your direct managers. Most of the leadership are located out-of-state and are assigned to their own clients. Not much visibility of that leadership and often hard to reach.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bad hikes

Jan 22, 2021 - Technical Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Timely reviews are the pros

Cons

Bad hikes, No work life balance. Managers expect you to work for 8 hours at the client and question your contribution for Perficient.

7. 3.0

Good place to start out

Dec 11, 2020 - Associate Technical Consultant in Detroit, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with are great. Great opportunities to learn

Cons

Not enough compensation or PTO. Work life balance is getting increasingly difficult

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible energy and supporting team

Feb 5, 2020 - Technical Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since day one you can tell the amount of effort put into finding employees who not only are a good fit for the technical position but have very upbeat and positive personalities is incredible. Everyone at the New York office I have met has not only been there to support me through challenging client issues but have genuinely put a smile on my face every day. There is nothing better than having a great work life balance and also enjoying the people you work with. Whenever I have struggled to accomplish a client task I have never once felt turned away from. Everyone here is fully devoted to helping you become more efficient and successful.

Cons

Pay is decent and standard benefits but bonuses could be better.

Perficient Response

manager

Thank you for your service with us. We strongly believe an attitude can make or break an experience which is why we focus on that; we're glad it is working out!

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

No work-life balance

Aug 15, 2020 - Software Engineer() in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company values seem to be correct at lower-level management. Minimum bench time

Cons

No work-life balance. Don't take me to unless you're prepared to be talked under a bus.

10. 4.0

Good Company

Jun 22, 2020 - Network and Security Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, Great people

Cons

work-life balance can be challenging

Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Reviews