Peridot Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

Kaley Hansen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Event coordinator"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I worked at Peridot Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Fast pace work environment
    -awesome team environment
    -intensive training; never felt like I was unprepared
    - works with your schedule
    -travel opportunities
    -learn tons of skill sets in a short amount of time!

Cons

-it is a good fit if you aren't looking for a Monday through Friday office job.
    -work some weekends for events

Advice to Management

Have more team nights! Loved those!

"Google smart circle"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Peridot Promotions (Less than a year)

Pros

You work in a sams club, kroger or costco so you don't have to bring lunch

Cons

Lied about hours, told me it would full time about 40hrs, i worked 12 hr days sometimes 6 days a week and barely crossed min wage on paychecks

Cliques like in highschool. Manger only focused on you if she liked you and you fit in with all the other brainwashed robots

They told me 6 figures in 9 months. I knew people who were there over a year still selling stuff in a sams club comparing that they couldn't afford their bills

You work every weekened even if they tell you you don't.

Kroger sams and costco workers make more than you will, and they get benefits, you won't. Might as well apply there

I promise after this post there will be about 3 5star posts to god this one because the manager makes her office write fluffed posts

Advice to Management

Stop lying

"A great opportunity"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Peridot Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If your someone who is excited and motivated to learn and grow both professionally and personally this is a great opportunity. In a short amount of time I saw myself develop skills I never knew I had. Although I left the business, my time here has helped me immensely in my new career path. It's a fun environment full of positive people.

Cons

If you're looking for a nine to five where you can do the minimum and just walk out with a pay check, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep building genuine connections with your employees, that's what truly made my experience great and what helped me grow.

"Amazing Opportunity!"

I have been working at Peridot Promotions full-time

Pros

Uplifting Company Atmosphere!
    Endless Opportunity!
    Hands on Coaching!
    Business Training!
    Recruiting! (Interview skills and training)
    Motivational Encouragment!
    "Team Nights"! (outings to hang out and just build friendships)
    Networking Opportunities!
    Travel!!!!! (All across the country and company R and R)

Cons

In my opinion, these aren't cons but these are the common things people see as negatives

Challenging Schedule- it's a 5 year program in less than a year so it will be demanding
    Hard days- it's mentally exhausting because it's so fast paced

"Make SURE to read to make a smart move!"

Current Employee - Junior Acct Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Junior Acct Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

Aha! Hey, most ppl are going to be drawn the negatives (that's clear by the amt of action the negative reviews get compared to positive), but if you're the type of person who will take a negative (the 'real story) anecdote over a positive (the "fluffy") one then you should seriously not even bother continuing to interview w peridot. The growth won't make sense, the events won't make sense, the meetings won't make sense, the purpose of the conference calls won't make sense. The business is FOR positive people that know they can grow really quickly & become successful.

Cons

People quit on their worst day (it should be the opposite so that they really know it's not for them) often without really understanding why they're quitting. They quit because it's hard --hey, running events is hard so learning how to run those events should be similarly hard. It's a lot of time invested, a lot of educating yourself to become a good businessperson, it's analyzing challenges daily to be getting better daily, it's a lot of learning from failure --& failing for most ppl really sucks so they don't want to try again. And "failing" could be anything --a small paycheck, a tough convo a leader had w you, being solo & struggling, etc. If you quit when things get difficult though, you'll never really know what you're capable of. You'll just crack your knuckles at the computer keyboard & click out a review.

The trade off to all the hard work is making considerably more money running those events & a really really awesome set of skills.

Advice to Management

Keep up your standards! Love working w you!

"Management training program"

I worked at Peridot Promotions full-time

Pros

Fun team atmosphere, nice coworkers. You will learn a lot in a shirt time.

Cons

You essentially work at sam's club, cold calling people, but in person.

Advice to Management

Be more up front about what the job actually entails. It's selling things in a sam's club, not a marketing company.

"Awesome experience"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

I was able to learn so much about business/marketing that I didn't learn while majoring in marketing in college. The option to travel if you want was the most rewarding part, I was even able to travel to different leadership conferences and enjoy a boat cruise after promotion. I am so grateful to have joined this company out of college and constantly am being asked how I lucked out. I would recommend this company to anyone who is serious about perusing their goals and excited to have a solid career.

Cons

There are a lot of people who think they are right for the job but just aren't, they aren't committed to learning and take advantage of the opportunities so there is some negativity when the wrong person joins the office. Luckily that happens often because the interviewing process weeds out a lot of people not fit for business management.

Advice to Management

The positive atmosphere is fantastic, and the mentoring you provide/resources to grow are amazing.

"Shady, shady, shady"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Nashville, TN

Pros

They are super nice people when you're buying what they're selling. They're fun, outgoing, energetic and really believe what they're saying.

Cons

Everything else. The pay is atrocious at minimum wage but you're promised that your "merit based" pay will be better. It's not. In my entire time there, I never saw anyone hit it out of the park. They claim sales isn't important until you want to be a leader. Then you have to sell $600-$800 twice to qualify. If you can do that in the first week you will instantly be promoted even if you suck at actually managing anything.
    They offer travel opportunities but only pay for the hotel and initial reservation of the rental car. Everything else comes out of your pocket, which, I'm pretty sure is illegal. So you're left to buy all food and gas on your own.
    They tell you you will only be working 11-5 or 1-7 but that's untrue. If you work at 11 you have to go to morning meeting at 8:45. And some days, solo days (which are never brought up during any interview), you'll be going from 8:45 until close to 8 at night.
    Then you have to break down your day with your leader. And don't forget the conference calls which happen off the clock but are mandatory.
    On top of that are the set up and tear down days which you don't get paid for. So you're using your own car and gas to pick stuff up from the office or take it back to the office and aren't being reimbursed.
    They will change your schedule an hour prior to you starting and tell you it's just part of the territory. They are unorganized, unprofessional, young, and inexperienced. They prey on people new to Nashville or right out of college who don't k ow the business world yet. Stay. Away.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Stop playing at being a business owner and actually strive to be one. The shady tactics can only get you by for so long until people see through you. And if someone comes to you with a concern, telling them it's irrelevant just goes to prove that you were in the wrong because you couldn't explain it away. Details don't matter to people when they don't benefit that person.

"Don't drink the kool aid"

Current Employee - Account Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Assistant in Nashville, TN

Pros

Everyone is young, outgoing, fun-ish

Cons

This is the most bizarre place I have ever been apart of. Pay is $7.50/hr unless you sell gobs of whatever cheesy product they are making you push... And best senario you're going to make $10/hr. You're going to be in a Costco or Sam's Club for 10 hours a day by yourself pushing some product that is a crock. They'll tell you in the interview process that you'll work "some weekends" -- read that as EVERY weekend. Most insane hours. You're lucky if you work less than 50 hours per week. Everyone there has had the kool aid and thinks they're going to be millionaires in 5 years. Bizarre. Stay away.

Advice to Management

Try to provide a little more transparency to those applying and interviewing. Your job postings are completely misleading.

"Proceed With Caution!!!"

Current Employee - "Assisstant Account Manager" in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - "Assisstant Account Manager" in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Peridot Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is EXTREMELY welcoming, helpful, and nice! The interview process really gives you a decent look at the ENTRY LEVEL position. (Don't let all the different fancy job titles fool you....everyone starts at the bottom, doing the exact same job.)

Cons

Pretty much everything is a negative. It's a $7.50/hour unless your commission pay is high enough, but the commission percentages are only beneficial for the manager and top leaders. They expect a ton of extra work (conference calls, shift break downs, etc.) off the clock and during "non-business" hours. I'm sorry but calling me at 9:00pm is not professional. It sounds great in theory, but when you really look into and read all the fine print, it's nothing like how they make it sound. They pride themselves on not being "salespeople" and how they are promoters so it doesn't matter if they customers buy or not...but in reality, if the customers don't buy, you will starve to death. Not to mention the pitches are very pushy and somewhat unethical. It has just been a very poor experience for me. I'm sure some people will love it. Just make sure you really go over the details before getting started so you aren't taken off guard like I was.

Advice to Management

The commission structure would have been nice to know before orientation. Please don't have all the job title listings as junior account manager, assistant account manager, ect. That's not at all what people get after they get hired....