Perrigo Reviews | Glassdoor

Perrigo CEO John Hendrickson
John Hendrickson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance and red tape to accomplish changes (in 6 reviews)

• This is not a program that upper management believes in or devotes resources towards (in 6 reviews)

"Office politics, don't bother"

Former Employee - QC Chemist in Allegan, MI
    Former Employee - QC Chemist in Allegan, MI

I worked at Perrigo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Health insurance, paycheck ........that's it. This place will use you and throw you away. Free otcs. Avoid at all costs, they treat employees like less than nothing

Cons

Toxic, hostile environment. Willfully clueless management. Sell your soul and you will do well. Try to improve things at your own risk

Advice to Management

You don't listen to advice, it wouldn't make a difference

"I wouldn't recommend going to work at PNY"

Former Employee - Engineer in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in Bronx, NY

I worked at Perrigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people on the floor were really sweet. Compensation was about average; benefits above average. Good career opportunities if you were willing to relocate around the country, which is great.

Cons

I couldn't really put my finger on why I hated going to work every day until I had the blessing of working at my current company, so here it goes. First and foremost, the work/life balance at PNY is horrendous. At previous companies, when I worked a 60 hour week, it was greatly appreciated - I've even received a Thank You note at a previous company (which, I admit, is a little above and beyond). But at PNY, 60 hour weeks were the expectation - no smiles, no thank you's - and that can be stressful in itself. There was also a lot of yelling and screaming on a daily basis - maybe not directly at me - but it does have an influence on your mental health when that's what you're exposed to every day. Last but not least, things were never really done properly - 99% firefighting; 1% creative work. I never had the opportunity to properly do a project start to finish - even our 'presentations' were just a bunch of words on one or two white slides - very unprofessional in my opinion. At my new company, I'm starting projects with an A3, a time study, and a PFMEA - and, in my opinion, that makes things way way way easier down the road - and is the way I enjoy working.

Advice to Management

Start showing appreciation to your employees - it's the little things that go a long way (a 'thank you' here or there). And make it a fun place to work! The offices shouldn't be so somber. Happy employees are productive employees!! :-)

"Nightmare on elm street"

Former Employee - Medical Affairs Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Medical Affairs Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Perrigo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none at all.

Cons

Very unqualified directors. New employees are required to figure things themselves

Advice to Management

Get qualified people

"Absurd Management!"

Former Employee - QA Auditor in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - QA Auditor in Omaha, NE

Pros

Health benefits, vacation days, free dog treats/toys

Cons

This is the absolute worst company I have ever worked for. The management is a disaster, they do not care about their employees. 50% of the plant workforce is temp workers and many do not speak English. Overtime is not announced until 1 day prior even though management is fully aware of the demands. The machinery is outdated and breaks down constantly, the maintenance program is poorly managed and will not fix machinery right. And if you enjoy working in an environment where you are constantly exposed to pesticides, you're going to love Perrigo!

Advice to Management

Remove yourself from duty and let someone intelligent operate the business before it gets any worse. There's simply no other answer, management is stubborn and set in their ways.

5. "Needs to improve training, biased training program from a minority stand point."

Former Employee - Set Up Mechanic
    Former Employee - Set Up Mechanic

Pros

Basically the same for any other company but I believe the trainers are biased.

Cons

Dealing with racist who don't want you to succeed, they are the ones they get to train you.

"Worst place to work"

Former Employee - QA Component Auditor II in Allegan, MI
    Former Employee - QA Component Auditor II in Allegan, MI

I worked at Perrigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay so I could buy nice things with the money. Also, job experience towards future career choices or goals in life.

Cons

Forced to work overtime, co- worker's are back stabbing, boss don't listen to employees, management is never around, doing the job of other employees and not getting paid for it, being treated horrible by boss/ co- workers

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Actually be there

7. "chemist"

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

you get free otc meds (not much)

Cons

All the top management care about is numbers, they don't know how to manage their resouces, keep talented people pipeting all day, they hire someone who claims to have multiple years experience, yet cannot seem to figure out the graduations on a pipet..... and yet, that should be someone talented, full of skills?
    Also, very low paying company and no room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Listen, listen and listen to your employees

8. "Production Specialist"

Current Employee - Packaging Specialist in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Packaging Specialist in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good place to start if you are unskilled
    Specialist pay is the best in the area
    Overall this has been better than other jobs I have had

Cons

Not about the workers or the customer
    Gets rid of those who drive modernization, stuck in the 1990's
    Lacks diversity
    Powerful groups, not management run much of the business. Oppose the short cuts they take and they may end your job. Seen that happen to good worker and to lots of temps.
    Company has turned it's back on America & is becoming a shadow of what it once was

Advice to Management

You have made your money. Now make us competitive again in Allegan. You have driven off those who make us better and supported those who make us worse. Looks like you may want to send our jobs to Ireland. Hope that is not the case.

"Graphic Designer"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in New Hope, MN
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in New Hope, MN

Pros

Was able to have make a relationship with a co-worker where we had to work to complete our work.

Cons

It was a challenge do to the fact they were converting over from Paddock to Perrigo trade dress. Lots of confusion from the Paddock culture to the Perrigo culture .

10. "Workplace"

Former Employee - Filler Operator in Milton, VT
    Former Employee - Filler Operator in Milton, VT

I worked at Perrigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are decent to u ! Pay attention to detail! I would recommend not working here unless there is no other job out there!

Cons

Some of the management r disrespectful and rude! All the jobs I've ever worked this one is bottom of the barrel worse! Go elsewhere!!!

Advice to Management

Respect ur help