Perrigo Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Perrigo CEO John Hendrickson
John Hendrickson

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance and red tape to accomplish changes (in 6 reviews)

• This is not a program that upper management believes in or devotes resources towards (in 6 reviews)

1. "Working at Perrigo has been very rewarding."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allegan, MI

Pros

Perrigo provides employees who want to learn new skills, the opportunity. It's not uncommon for employees to transfer to different jobs within the company, but in a completely different area. For example, an employee who has worked in the Quality organization accepts a position in the Production department. Employees are not stuck in a career rut.

Cons

The organization is very flat. Some co-workers complain that organizational structure doesn't allow for promotions. However, having a flat organization also gives people the opportunity to broaden their skills. For example, in many pharma companies, a person in regulatory affairs is assigned "steps A, B" and they perform tasks only assigned to those steps of the process. At Perrigo, the regulatory affairs employee learns all processes from A-Z. It is a lot of work, but the experience and knowledge gained is priceless.

Advice to Management

Overall management does very well. The company has been growing very quickly, and management has been extremely busy with the growth. Some employees will say, "I haven't seen my manager in a while." Manager's do continue communications with their staff using other ways. They should step away from a meeting once in a while to spend some 1:1 time with their department.

"Perrigo is a GREAT place to work"

Current Employee - Mid Level Manager in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Mid Level Manager in Allegan, MI

Pros

I'm fairly new to the company and was recruited in. Coming to work for Perrigo has been the best career decsion of my life. I came from a global company in a similar role and can assure professionals who are considering Perrigo as an employer, if you are waffling for any reason, be assured, this is a fantastic place to work. It has been 20+ years since I've worked for a public company that treated its employees like a family-owned private company. Excellent benefits and the best colleagues I have ever worked with. The work is challenging, the decision making process inclusive and there are endless opportunities to contribute and make a difference.

The Executive Team has made brilliant acquisitions and we just keep getting bigger and better.

Rock on Perrigo!

Cons

Not that this is truly a downside, but the biggest 'challenge' I've had is colleagues trying too hard to help too much (it can slow down progress), but I'd take this type of thoughtfulness over greed and bullying (other companies I've known) any day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job! It is your leadership that makes employees so darn proud to work here. Great products, great people. Thank you.

3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Regulatory Affairs Project Manager in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

new products- growth.
    family oriented
    fast paced

Cons

area-rural
    does not take a lot of risks compared to other pharma companies

4. "Great Work Life"

Current Employee - Line Lead in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Line Lead in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location, Work Life Benifits, Compensation-salary

Cons

Non at this time check back later

Advice to Management

Still Thinkging

5. "Great Company"

Pros

Family Oriented company with great morals

Cons

None that i can think of

6. "Endless opportunity, consistent growth"

Current Employee - Corporate Accounting in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Corporate Accounting in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pharma industry is booming with no end in sight and Perrigo seems to be in full acquisition mode, acquiring 1-2 companies each year. The leadership team is outstanding and Perrigo is positioned for success in an increasingly competitive market. Salaries are more competitive than most in this geographical area and there is a real focus on professional development.

Cons

Perrigo is in Allegan and most people commute at least 30 minutes one-way to work. The drive is worth it, but it's not short no matter how to look at it.

Advice to Management

Millions of people around the globe rely on Perrigo for their health and well being. Lets not let them down.

7. "Great Company with family feel"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team of leaders
    Engaged Employees
    Lots of different projects and challenges to keep you busy
    Career avenues outside your department

Cons

Lots of red tape and changes are implemented slowly..
    Some areas stuck on "always done it this way"
    Communication can be poor between departments and when things change.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving and changing to stay ahead of the competition. It can be very easy when things are good to stay "fat and happy". Make sure we stay one step ahead.

"Best career decision I ever made was to pursue a job a Perrigo"

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Continuing education and advancement opportunities. Great work/life balance. Family friendly. Increasingly diverse cultural and varied geographic employee population. Very friendly people. Commitment to growth. Very stable with high population of long term employees.

Cons

Rapid growth is bringing a lot of change. If you find change difficult to manage you may be frustrated. If you see change as an exciting opportunity to learn and grow this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Please remember the great work/life balance you have consistently provided has kept a lot of talented people here. Please continue to invest in your people and in new technology to help streamline processes.

"LOVE my job, the company, my coworkers and the HQ"

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

efficient (no more hour-long weekly recurring meetings full of blather; biweekly half-hour meetings will get cancelled if the project manager has determined there is no new news!), flat (only a few managers between you and the CEO; fewer conflicting interests to attempt pleasing), profit-driven AND employee-centered (HQ just built a small 24/7 gym free for all employees to keep us healthy and improve the bottom line), egalitarian (all employees get a holiday gift and are eligible for bonuses when the company profits), managed with integrity and focus (managers deflect politics like super-ninjas, so you can do your awesome work!), hometown values with global reach (very respectful of family-time, but provides current technology to allow/encourage productivity everywhere), provides the best tech to minimize the psychic pain of administrative necessities like training and performance reviews, coworkers are kind without being nosy and professional without being political, compensation is competative with the biggest pharma in the US, you will work and learn a LOT

Cons

it would be easier to snowmobile here in the winter, in the spirit of lower overhead there is no cafeteria, but since it is a small town there are very few restaurants to choose from for dining out (lunch), you want to get in at a high level of employment (flat = not lots of opportunities for vanity promotions), better be ready; the workload is no joke

Advice to Management

keep protecting us from ugly politics and we'll keep working like crazy robots

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Allegan, MI

I have been working at Perrigo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perrigo supports employee development and growth. They offer great training opportunities (internal and external) and encourage employees to broaden their skill set. Perrigo is focused on Quality and works hard to ensure customer satisfaction. They have great benefits, compensation and facilities. In a recent expansion they built a fitness center for employees to use 27/7. They offer free classes, such as Yoga, Zumba, cross-training, etc., and encourage employees to live a healthy lifestyle. This is a great company to work for!

Cons

The biggest con would be the location. Most employees commute from Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo. My drive to work is approximately 50 minutes one way. There are some jobs here that allow for employees to work from home. This flexibility works well for people that have a long commute.