KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0

Passionate People Building a Great Product

Jun 22, 2021 - Customer Engineering Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- People are always willing to help - incredibly collaborative culture. - A lot of opportunity for impact and getting your ideas heard, all you have to do is speak up. - Great product vision built on a technical foundation that was created to scale. - Strong but humble leadership team who cares deeply about the people and is willing and able to adapt to feedback. - Customer-first approach to product building, internal prioritization, and external relationship building. Really incredible to be a part of the customer organization within a company that truly lives by a customer-centric approach.

Cons

- Long hours are the norm, difficult to get work done within the usual workday (though I suspect this is partially due to people being incredibly driven and actively creating more work for themselves). - Lots of "figuring our as we go," without much bandwidth or structure for mentorship, so likely not suited for really early career folks. - Company built on referral, which has had a clear impact on diversity. Not just of people but sometimes also of approaches and communication style.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Hardest/most brilliant people you’ll ever meet

Jun 20, 2021 - CXM
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I was deciding between different offers, the thing that stood out to me about Persona was the culture and the people. I know this sounds cache, but culture and being provided opportunities to learn are of utmost importance to me. Personally, I can say, I made the right decision in joining this team. The people here go above-and-beyond to make you feel at-home. It’s truly amazing. I’ve worked at a few different startups and I’ve never met more hardworking individuals. If you want to be challenged, work with some of the most brilliant colleagues, solve real-world problems, have an amazing management team and learn/learn/learn - then look no further because Persona is for you! I can guarantee you will not regret joining this team. The executive team and all of management are some of the brightest individuals you’ll ever meet. They are always willing to listen and improve upon areas areas of weakness. Oh yeah, almost forgot, it doesn’t hurt to work at a super fast growing startup.

Cons

With any startups that are growing at such a tremendous pace, work-life balance can be an issue (it’s truly inspirational how hard people work). As the company continues to grow, the biggest worry is how the culture will be impacted. I have to say, the recruiting team does an amazing job making sure Persona only hires the most brilliant individuals that fit the culture. I hope this continues!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing!!! Feel very fortunate to work here

Jun 21, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Kind and warm colleagues that genuinely care for one another - Exceptionally smart and talented people ... the caliber of folks here is really amazing and off the charts - Employee engagement ... people are bought into the mission, want to see the business succeed, genuinely are motivated to do right by our customers - Flexibility ... Persona is really build your own adventure. You're trusted and empowered to do what you think is best for the customer and the company

Cons

- Honestly very few cons, if any. I really like working here. We work more here than a large tech company ... but that's to be expected. And no one makes you do the work, I really do feel I have control over my schedule. I'm stretching for a con because Glassdoor requires one to submit this review

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

We're all in it together!

Feb 4, 2021 - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Very little in the way of politics --> we're all focused on doing our best work for each other and for our customers, which makes it a real joy to work with the team at Persona - We have incredibly high standards for ourselves and our work - we all care deeply about our customers and ensuring they have a great experience with us - People go out of the way to help each other - we truly respect each other and do our best to support each other - Servant leadership is a big value that I see carried out across the organization - our leadership feels a strong sense of responsibility to work harder than anyone else - and that's saying alot because we work really hard -Ultimately every job is hard and has its difficult days, but at Persona it's never difficult because of the people -- the people are always a joy to work with

Cons

- It can be hard to find work life balance, especially during COVID times - We move really really fast - the pace may not be for everyone - you have to be OK working in ambiguous situations where you're doing things without much predecent

5. 5.0

Impressive Team & Culture, Meaningful Work, & Place to Grow

Apr 19, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team & Culture: The team is truly impressive. Even though we are small, the company does a remarkable job at ensuring what's prioritized and how it'll help us meet out company goals. Meaningful Work: We help identify individuals and prevent fraud! But that's only part of the story. We aim to become the identity layer of the internet! Place to Grow: As we're still a startup, this is a place you can expect to be challenged and grow! Additionally, the company does a great job of helping you get to where you want to be!

Cons

It's a Startup! A lot of the functions are still being built! As a result, you need to be and remain curious!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

One of the few marathons worth running

Dec 16, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- This is likely the greatest team I'll work with in my whole professional career. - Every engineer directly manages relationships for multiple customers. - Team has really high average EQ. Makes them insane at Among Us. - Company strategy really understands what the word "platform" means. We have a high bar for individual features and an even higher awareness for the synergies between them we're moving towards. - Most employees here are referrals, and Persona is a greatest hits for them in terms of team. We've somehow managed to avoid high school drama. - There's a high amount of engineering acumen and pain tolerance here.

Cons

- Not a good place for people who spend a lot of time thinking about how to get recognition or foster consensus. - The workload is high, but mainly because the people here are true owners. Balancing customer requests with feature work will forever be tough. - The problem we work on is never going to be viral, but it's still very much worth working on. - We do a lot more than identity verification and have numerous competitors who specialize in one of these areas. A handful of us have to build what these competitors have built in a better way. This doesn't always work out. - Startup life means there isn't always time for active growth. There can be more thought put into who works on what so everyone can learn to do something new or something better.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Engaging, Supportive and Challenging!

Feb 5, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

the people who work at Persona, and the organizations we work with at Persona are the best part of working at the company. the job is fast paced, challenging and keeps you on your toes. I feel like I'm actually having a material impact on the development of the product, the way organizations use the product and also the success of the company. i definitely feel a sense of ownership for the projects that i work on, and also love collaborating with team members. most days im excited to get to my desk and check in with work, even as we continue to work from home during the pandemic. the support the company offers is truly amazing.

Cons

it's hard to think of a "con" to working at Persona. this role really checks all the boxes for someone who is looking to learn, have a varied day to day, work with customers, be cross functional internally, develop new skill sets (i'm developing SQL and Python with the help of some of the engineers at the company), and have awesome coworkers. of course not every day is perfect, but it wouldn't be at any company. i can't really imagine working anywhere else for the foreseeable future.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome team, great culture, exciting trajectory

Apr 18, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The folks on the team are incredibly talented, hard-working, kind, and supportive. There is a lot of exciting work to do, which means many opportunities for ownership and learning. It's very compelling to come to work every day with the company growing as quickly as it is.

Cons

For somebody prioritizing work-life balance, this may not be the best fit. Onboarding and working fully remote has taken some adjustment, but we are looking forward to returning to the office :)

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The people are what really makes Persona a fantastic place to work

Dec 4, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The average level of ability and conscientiousness of people here is far above anywhere else I have worked. Everyone feels like they're working in lockstep towards a common goal. - There is a culture of shared success. People are very willing to take the time to help each other out. There is no fighting for credit or other politicizing. - Roles are more fluid than at a larger organization. Lots of room for growth. - People don't take themselves too seriously. No pompous airbags or arrogant jerks. - Very high technical bar and quality of product. Very high standards overall. - The product is interesting, and the surrounding problem space is largely untapped. It's an exciting area to explore.

Cons

- The workload is definitely on the high side. Everyone is cognizant of personal needs and mental health, but it can be tough to balance, even with how supportive the organization is. - Not strictly a con, but you need to be able to thrive under ambiguity here, given how quickly things move. - We don't currently have a good mentorship structure for junior teammates, and as such I would generally not recommend Persona for new grads.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to build impactful products

Feb 4, 2021 - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Incredibly thoughtful leaders, talented business and product folks, and great engineering team. - A lot of opportunity to own projects and work on growing them - A lot of opportunity to put on different hats. Some engineers will make key product decisions that can make or break opportunities. - Domain modeling is highly valued -- leading to a codebase that is pretty sensible to work with. Tech debt is well managed.

Cons

- No real levels system to "track your growth". You own your own growth, which can be as stagnant or as great as you want. -Not a typical 9 - 5. While folks actively try to cover each other, the reality of start up life is that market conditions or customers can force your hand into a week or two of bad work life balance.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews