KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pet Supplies Plus Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2021

Found 806 of over 816 reviews

3.4
Pet Supplies Plus Chief Executive Officer Christopher Rowland  (no image)
Christopher Rowland
Pros
  • "You get to meet your neighborhood pets(in 99 reviews)

• "The customers (neighbors) are nice and polite in almost all cases(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Cleaning up after customer's animals(in 71 reviews)

• "Low pay, sometimes its slow so can get boring(in 41 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pet Supplies Plus and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

cool job

May 7, 2021 - Shift Supervisor in Watertown, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun to work with animals

Cons

none i like the job

Senior Vice President - Human Resources

Thank you for sharing this feedback and for providing our neighbors and their pets with great service. We're glad to have you on our team.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Really good starting point

Jun 18, 2021 - Team Member in Denton, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers and managers are super friendly and incredibly understanding about taking time off, making mistakes, etc. It's a great environment and easy work, especially if you love animals (particularly fish and reptiles, at our store at least) and the hours are alright sometimes, but it really depends on the person who makes schedules at each store.

Cons

Before I started, I told them I CANNOT work one particular day of the week, and they listened to that for about two weeks before I started getting scheduled on that day. If you work under 5 hours, they don't have to give you a break, so more likely than not, they're only gonna schedule you for 5 hours a day, and probably for 5-6 days in a row. It's not too bad, but on top of that, the shifts will be closing and opening back to back. The pay isn't great, but there Are opportunities for raises, but the raises are very small when you get them. The pay is good for someone just getting an entry-level job, and it IS above the absolute minimum wage, but that really doesn't mean much, especially when you have bills to pay and don't know what your hours are gonna be

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Do NOT work here

Jul 18, 2021 - Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

The animals are fun to interact with and take care of

Cons

Literal back breaking work will little regard for employees health Pay is awful and any attempt to discuss pay is met with the response of "the owner doesnt care, you are replaceable" It is common knowledge that the owner of my store engages in shady buisness and has "donated" to the police to ensure they look the other way managers regularly play favorites leading to issues where the favorites are not reprimanded and are allowed to do whatever they want Management does not care if animals are properly taken care of as certain team members regularly take care of animals improperly and any attempts to complain are met with indifference Customers are always right even when they are wrong and can cause serious harm to their animals We are not allowed to refuse to sell animals to people who are obviously not going to take care of their animals properly, leading to many dead and abused animals being returned Several workers including myself have been sexually harassed by customers with management brushing it off when brought up Policies and such are not fully explained, leading to mistakes being made because we were not told how to do things Constantly understaffed leading to multiple issues and customers being angry

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cashier at Pet Supplies Plus

Jul 26, 2021 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Naperville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, friendly staff, working with animals is fun.

Cons

Pet supplies Plus would sometimes over schedule employees. If asking for part time hours, they would try to give more.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Company

Jul 18, 2021 - Key Holder
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy environment to work in depending on the store. We were a franchise so probably different from a corporate store.

Cons

A bit of disconnect between area managers and store teams, more interested in looking for flaws and/or being cheerleaders than actual mentoring.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Jul 25, 2021 - Team Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy going and fun. Great starting job for animal lovers

Cons

Pay isn't great and sometimes animals are neglected by management

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor communication

Jul 20, 2021 - Assistant Store Team Leader in Akron, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was nice, they don’t like assistants to get overtime, and it’s fun working with and around animals.

Cons

Team members aren’t paid well so it’s hard to keep them, you can be moved without being asked and have no help, you don’t get training on everything you're required to do and use.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Could be a great place to work but they need to do better by their employees

Jun 27, 2021 - Team Member in Howard Beach, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, great environment, employees actually care about the animals and are very knowledgeable about the care and well being of the animals that are sold in the store as well as animals not sold in the store

Cons

My specific location hired a bunch of new people and cut everyones hours and days to bare minimum or close to it and the managers/supervisors/boss are the only ones that get to work full time so other employees of lower rank don’t get offered benefits. The lack of hours and days makes it difficult on people who need to pay bills and other expenses. Not worth the stress in my opinion.

1 person found this review helpful

Senior Vice President - Human Resources

Thanks for leaving this review. We would like to speak with you to learn more. Can you please send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name and phone number so we can reach out to you?

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worry About Job Expectations

Jun 4, 2021 - Inventory Manager in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning about animals, even though that education came from cleaning up their waste.

Cons

I did not realize that the title inventory manager was code for doing everything in the store. It wouldn’t be unusual to have to order, accept and stock a delivery of inventory, while preparing a money order to get change, while fielding a phone call, while helping the cashier with a transaction error, while helping someone find a new food to help their dog’s allergies. I was also in charge of a million dollars worth of perishable inventory while making a dollar more than the floor workers.

Senior Vice President - Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback and for the time you spent with us. Can you please send an email to onlineservice@petsuppliesplus.com with your name, phone number and the store number of the location where you worked so we can connect you with the franchise owner?

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company if you know what you’re getting into

Jul 12, 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere Decent management Okay benefits Flexible scheduling

Cons

Upper management can be iffy Pay isn’t the best

Senior Vice President - Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and for the time you spent with us. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 806 Reviews