PetVet Care Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2019

2.7
PetVet Care Centers CEO Gino Volpacchio
Gino Volpacchio
Pros
  • "Providing work life balance for all employees especially DVM's(in 4 reviews)

• "I have been blessed with the opportunity to work for Petvet and know that I will continue to do so for a long time coming(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "However, after PetVet took over this place did a complete 360(in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"No bad experience here"

Current Employee - Credentialed Veterinary Technician in Cave Creek, AZ

I have been working at PetVet Care Centers full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

My prior clinic owner retired and sold his practice to PetVet. I have seen no major negative impacts from the change in ownership; in fact the only changes I have seen have been positive ones. Being a long-time employee, I immediately got 4 weeks of PTO which was nearly double what I had before, and CE PTO outside of that. Health insurance ( a little pricey, but better than nothing). 401k (the match isn't great... but heck, it is SOMETHING). Our regional manager has been nothing but helpful and responsive (thank you Emily). We have not been a PetVet hospital for a full year yet so I cannot speak to the review process at this time, but I remain hopeful that it will be fair and timely: My last formal review was more than 3 years ago!

Cons

None at this time.

PetVet Care Centers2019-02-23
  2. "Exceptional Company"

Current Employee - DVM Recruiter in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at PetVet Care Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Support and partnership is amazing. Providing work life balance for all employees especially DVM's. If you are at DVM GP or Specialty, this is the company to consider! Excellent pay, benefits, 401K, and so much more.

Cons

Have not found anything, which is a good thing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job!

PetVet Care Centers2019-09-09
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Veterinary Technician in Irvine, CA

I have been working at PetVet Care Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great employees, benefits for own pets, benefits for full time employees, flexible with hours/time off, PTO

Cons

Understaffed, underpaid, under appreciated, they don’t care about employees that have received further education or loyalty to the practice, expect to work overtime

Advice to Management

Hire more staff, pay attention to the staff worth, stop treating people as disposable

PetVet Care Centers2019-09-27
  5. "Overworked; Underpaid"

Current Employee - Veterinary Technician in Irvine, CA

I have been working at PetVet Care Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Coworkers make you feel welcome and appreciated and are understanding to one another.

Cons

Underpaid, understaffed, overworked, and underappreciated by upper management. Expect to get overtime and have meal penalties because of how flooded of work we get when there's not enough staff to compensate.

Advice to Management

Please treat your employees better and make them feel more appreciated. Don't promise your long-time working employees raises when you aren't planing on giving them.

PetVet Care Centers2019-09-09
  6. "Senior management is disrespectful of demonstrated industry experience and knowledge."

I have been working at PetVet Care Centers full-time

Pros

At the hospital level, great individual team members that are in it for all the right reasons.

Cons

Senior leadership lacks knowledge, experience and expertise. It’s all about the $ and notably, very male in upper management positions - despite evidence that our industry thrives under capable, female leadership. They seem incapable of vision and big picture. Questioning leads to write ups- management by scolding. Promotion is based on towing the line instead of disrupting, questioning and creativity.

Advice to Management

The people that have demonstrated knowledge and drive deserve to be listened to. Please don’t lecture a senior leader about what leadership is. It is rude, demeaning and demonstrated your failure to know who you are speaking with. Take a moment to know your employees. Veterinary hospitals are only as capable as the people within.

PetVet Care Centers2019-09-13
  7. "Great support"

Current Employee - Practice Manager

I have been working at PetVet Care Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been in the veterinary field for over five years now and never have I worked somewhere that has so much support from upper management. I have been blessed with the opportunity to work for Petvet and know that I will continue to do so for a long time coming.

Cons

I truly do not see a downside to working for Petvet.

PetVet Care Centers2019-08-07
  8. "Please dont do this to yourself."

Current Employee - Pet Play Coach in Burlington, WA

I have been working at PetVet Care Centers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with amazing clients, an hour long lunch, job experience.

Cons

No training, underfunded and understaffed, horrible environment, no thought or care for animals, and a constantly changing set of rules that you are once again, never trained on

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Try having compassion and caring about pets.

PetVet Care Centers2019-08-23
  9. "Guarded"

Current Employee - Veterinarian

I have been working at PetVet Care Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fair compensation to the doctors

Cons

Slow to get anything done, order new equipment, and unable to keep products and medications on the shelf due to budgeting issues.

PetVet Care Centers2019-06-02
  10. "Great Place to Work with Lots of Growth."

Current Employee - Staff Accountant II in Westport, CT

I have been working at PetVet Care Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company with lots of potential for growth. Ability to take responsibilities for various tasks. Pleasant and helpful co-workers and management.

Cons

Employee portion of benefits are a bit higher then expected.

Advice to Management

Need to work on the employee benefits to provide greater support.

PetVet Care Centers2019-04-27

"So disappointing"

Former Employee - Practice Manager in Santa Cruz, CA

I worked at PetVet Care Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefit package is decent and comparable to other national veterinary consolidators.

Cons

They don’t value employees, they only care about the bottom line. They look at daily revenue compared to daily support staff costs and do not take into consideration open invoices. Might work for a general practice, but not specialty and ER when you have patients in hospital for days to sometimes weeks. Very short sighted, resulting in understaffed hospitals, overworked technicians/support staff.

Advice to Management

Have integrity and be genuine in your decision making. Don’t go in shake staff hands tell them everything will be fine then walk out and say that you are closing that location.

PetVet Care Centers2019-05-28