Petaluma City Schools Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 6 reviews

3.3
Petaluma City Schools CEO Gary Callahan
Gary Callahan
  1. "Lead Guidance Specialist"

Former Employee - LMFT-Lead Guidance Specialist in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Petaluma City Schools full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the only, if not THE only district in CA what has its own in house mental health staff working in the schools. Lovely, competent, hardworking colleagues committed to providing mental health services to K-12 students.

Cons

Pay is average school district. Licensed mental health professionals with masters degrees should be in the certificated pay range instead of classified.

Advice to Management

See above. But overall. my experiences where that this district is a pleasure to work in. Great people.

Petaluma City Schools2015-12-18
  2. "Adminstrators who were not credentialed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Petaluma, CA

I worked at Petaluma City Schools for more than 10 years

Pros

Overall most of the staff district wide were student centered and cared about their futures.

Cons

Performance reviews were not systematic and therefor increases in salaries were random

Advice to Management

Ensure performance evaluations are provided for all staff, credential and non-credentialed.

Petaluma City Schools2016-04-09
  3. "special education instructional assistant"

I worked at Petaluma City Schools

Pros

I was working at a large school site which provided a great deal of variety in course curriculum as well as many staff personalities. There was always a new face and a team environment within the school. I enjoyed the wide spectrum of teaching styles.

Cons

I worked at three different school sites within my district which allowed me to develop a truly unique perspective. The staff at one of the sites had unprofessional work habits. The staff at another site appeared to be caught up with a lot of office politics. The third site did not have effective safety precautions in place for the employees. When I left, I felt deeply concerned about the safety of staff as well some...

Advice to Management

Please wake up and start listening to the concerns of your employees. Support and nurture the well being of each and every staff member. Respect the students and their parents more than you have in the past. Strive to protect every individual on the school site so that the whole school community can thrive and be safe. Last and most important - treat all your employees equally with respect, compassion and kindness.

Petaluma City Schools2015-10-20
  4. "Petaluma City Schools"

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at Petaluma City Schools part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great health care coverage - school holidays and summer vacations

Cons

- poor communications among staff members, management, etc. - high turnover rate of educational assistants - not really any opportunities for advancement springing from this position

Advice to Management

Better communications. Don't neglect us hourly workers who help the schools run smoothly.

Petaluma City Schools2015-07-01
  5. "Instructional Assistant 1"

I worked at Petaluma City Schools

Pros

Great program and great schools.

Cons

Underpay, can easily find more money for same position in different counties.

Petaluma City Schools2015-06-10
  6. "Working as an athletic coach"

Current Employee - Varsity Head Coach in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at Petaluma City Schools part-time for more than a year

Pros

As a coach, you set your hours. At least in terms of practices, game times are pre set but can be rescheduled. For that it is fairly flexible, as I am also a full time college student.

Cons

Lot of extra time has to be put in, and isn't paid for. But that tends to go with coaching at this level.

Advice to Management

Help take some of the workload off coaches, so they can more focus on actually coaching and working with the athletes.

Petaluma City Schools2014-11-23