Petco Reviews in Hendersonville, TN | Glassdoor

Petco CEO Brad Weston
Brad Weston

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • They start out at minimum wage and do not increase much from there unless your upper management like a GM or AM (in 121 reviews)

• Really long hours and not the best work life balance (in 28 reviews)

1. "eh...don't waste your time."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hendersonville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hendersonville, TN

I worked at Petco part-time

Pros

Decent pay for a student, mostly friendly customers, seeing people & their pets, shifts go by pretty fast

Cons

The store was often filthy and stayed filthy for weeks at a time. Training is basically everyone for themselves. You come in & watch videos for a several hours and at the end you're prompted to do some on floor training--but that will never happen. Even when I was trained for the animal maintenance, I watched the trainer do it for maybe 15 minutes before she told me to do it myself without any knowledge of any of the animals as she left to go socialize in the office. Unorganized. Usually 'short handed' yet plenty of senior employees socialize in the office while maybe 1-2 newer employees have to fend for themselves on the floor. Cashier training was non existent. I was pretty much told to work the register and figure it out for myself. Which caused many annoyed customers when I had to stop and ask someone how to do something. The hours could get ridiculous--even though, I gave management an idea of what my schedule is like during the week, they disregarded it several times and still scheduled me for long hours on days that I had completely told them I was unavailable & would promptly get annoyed when I had to make a change.

Advice to Management

Get better organized, communication is key, better training in every field, weed out the bad seeds and stop playing favorites with employees who've been there longer.

Showing 1 of 2,025 review