Peter Piper Pizza Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph Luongo Jr.

Pros
  • Great first job for your snooty teenager (in 4 reviews)

• Very flexible hours, free pizza, meet some great friends (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • noisy, angry customers, messy all the time, lots of small tasks to attend to, minimum wage (in 4 reviews)

• Which is a lie because they are opening up new restaurants left and right (in 2 reviews)

1. "Depends"

Current Employee - Bus Boy in Brownsville, TX
    Current Employee - Bus Boy in Brownsville, TX

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is great, workers are nice and fun to be with. Free pizza sometimes plus what you find as untouched leftovers. Discounted pizza and social skills improve.

Cons

Managers can be really mean. No brakes most of the times. (Got 2 brakes in 3 months of work there) Sometimes, more like most of the time, they won't let you clock out at your scheduled time. They will keep you for a longer amount of time because they can, I guess.

Advice to Management

Be kind to workers and don't tell them what to do like slaves. Send bussers on brakes and rotate them. We get REALLY hungry speed walking most of the time and have no time to eat all day.

2. "Peter Piper Pizza"

Former Employee - Technical Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Fun work atmosphere, good hours

Cons

working with annoying kids, old games

3. "Crew Member"

Current Employee - Game Room Attendant in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Game Room Attendant in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management there is good, pays well, and is a very nice, energetic environment to work in.

Cons

Some days tend to get incredibly hectic so be prepared!

4. "Eh"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Flagstaff, AZ
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Flagstaff, AZ

I have been working at Peter Piper Pizza (More than a year)

Pros

Free pizza and free games

Cons

So much expected for making minimum wage.

5. "Peter piper pizza"

Former Employee - Gameroom Team Leader in Laredo, TX
    Former Employee - Gameroom Team Leader in Laredo, TX

I worked at Peter Piper Pizza full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Open Space Enviroment
    Pizza Discount
    Fun Enviroment

Cons

Lot of people (Parties) even on Weekdays
    Schedules

Advice to Management

Be more grateful with your employees treat them well and fair
    Follow the Rules of the Company

6. "Good High School Job"

Former Employee - Team Member in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Member in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back, free pizza, and flexible hours. Great first job for your snooty teenager! You could be the laziest person and work here. Free buffet or personal pizza w/ drink on every shift. Very flexible hours to go around schooling because school = no children to play games at Peter Piper.

Cons

Short shifts with loud annoying children. There's no set break or lunch, so you just eat when you can. And because it's run by unreliable teenagers if you're a good employee you can get taken advantage of. Also, you will most likely have a new boss every 8-10 months.

Advice to Management

It's clear to me that your more out for making money than making happy stable employees.

7. "ap"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Administrator in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Administrator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Peter Piper Pizza (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros in this company

Cons

Was fired after 11 years of service so they wouldn't have to pay me severance when they sold the company

8. "Minimum wage slogging"

Former Employee - Crew Member in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Crew Member in San Antonio, TX

Pros

In the event an order is messed up, free pizza is possible for employees during that shift. Also no drug testing.

Cons

The customers are often not very polite, the management is unprofessional at times, and the product you are serving is pretty shoddy.

Advice to Management

Advocate for yourselves to receive better benefits.

9. "Team Member"

Former Employee - Middle Management in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Las Cruces, NM

I worked at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work was easy, and the management team was very supportive. Pay raises were given every six months.

Cons

At times the work hours were cut down to 12 hours a week.

Advice to Management

To split the working hours evenly among all the employees, regardless if they are students or working adults.

10. "Decent first job, but you aren't respected by corporate"

Former Employee - Game Room Attendant in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Game Room Attendant in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Peter Piper Pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Easy job. I was a game room attendant, so I just stocked tickets, did basic game repairs, operated the carousel and the roller coaster, and helped out at the prize counter.
    -I got along well with my coworkers. They were what got me through my shifts on the tough days.
    -Game room attendants are on a separate schedule and labor count from the kitchen crew (at least at my store), so we always got good hours (25+ a week) and we were never sent home early due to labor getting too high like the kitchen crew was.
    -Free soda throughout your shift, and one free personal pizza, side, or salad per shift. 25 percent discount when you aren't working.
    -If you like kids like I do, this job is pretty fun. If you don't like kids, you probably shouldn't work here. Particularly in the game room where you're constantly around them.

Cons

-We constantly got angry parents who'd blame us if a game didn't give them a lot of tickets or wasn't working, or if their kids were too short to ride the roller coaster. Some cussed us out and complained to the manager. I personally found the parents a lot more annoying to deal with than the screaming kids.
    -Cleaning up various bodily excrements that kids produced once in a while. But that just comes with this type of job.
    -We really didn't get breaks. On a slow day, we could go eat our food in the prize closet in between game issues. But forget that on weekends. I worked nine-hour shifts without a break on some Saturdays. And Saturday was mandatory every week. All of the game room staff was scheduled on Saturdays because they needed all of us.
    -We got paid minimum wage. You qualify for a review after one year of working there, but the raises are tiny from what I've heard. I didn't stay there a full year, so I don't know for sure.
    -Corporate is truly ridiculous. My store was right next door to the regional headquarters, so those people were always coming in and griping to us about something we weren't doing up to standard. Nobody in-store liked corporate, not even the general manager.
    -It's too easy to get written up and fired. Corporate fires people left and right here. I got fired after ten months for not immediately stopping the roller coaster when a kid turned around in his seat. (I stopped it after about 30 seconds after I gave him two warnings to turn around.) I was honest in job interviews about that, and most of the hiring managers just laughed and thought it was ridiculous. I had no trouble finding a new job after getting fired from this place. And when I was texting with one of my former coworkers about a month later, he told me that two other people had already gotten fired since me.