Petit & Dommershausen, S.C. Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2018

4.7
Petit & Dommershausen, S.C. President Gregory A. Petit  (no image)
Gregory A. Petit
  1. "Attorney"

Current Employee - Attorney in Menasha, WI

I have been working at Petit & Dommershausen, S.C. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like the people I work with. Lots of client contact. I get to handle my own cases without micromanagement.

Cons

Can be challenging working with clients and managing their expectations.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menasha, WI

Pros

Partners are approachable; Nice coworkers; No weekends; IRA with company match; Health insurance available; Feel like you're making a difference

Cons

Can't think of any major ones

3. "Decent place to work"

4.0
    Associate

I have been working at Petit & Dommershausen, S.C.

Pros

Great people, challenging work. lots of mentorship!

Cons

The work is stressful sometimes but that is the nature of the job not the employer.

4. "Good place to work"

Attorney in Menasha, WI

I have been working at Petit & Dommershausen, S.C.

Pros

Good growth potential good pay and benefits. Like everyone I work with. It is nice to always have someone to bounce ideas off of (or complain to after a bad day)

Cons

Stressful and busy. Lots of stuff to learn in the beginning (though i think that would be true in any job)

5. "Great Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Petit & Dommershausen, S.C. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really enjoy my job and the people I work with. There is a lot of potential for professional growth. Every day is different and I get to go all over the state. I would hate a job that makes me sit in my office all day and not have interaction with people. My pay is now more than I could be making anywhere else in the Fox Valley at this stage in my career.

Cons

Practicing law is stressful and demanding which law school doesn't prepare you for in the least but I have had great mentorship within the office. First 6 months were hard figuring out how to actually practice law...it isn't for the weak!

Continue reading
  6. "Great experience"

Current Employee - Attorney

I have been working at Petit & Dommershausen, S.C. full-time for more than a year

Pros

They allow you room to direct your practice areas and grow as an attorney as you gain more experience. You are definitely recognized for good work. Mentoring is always available. There is a good mix of personalities across the staff and attorneys that helps with a good team mentality.

Cons

You have your own case load right from the start which is a lot of responsibility, but at the same time it's a great way to learn because you are getting hands-on experience immediately.

7. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Petit & Dommershausen, S.C. for more than 3 years

Pros

A great place to work. The partners have created a solid firm environment with room to grow your practice. Management has an open door policy and are always ready to help attorneys navigate the practice of law. Collegial atmosphere, paid time off, use of company cars are a plus.

Cons

Handling an independent caseload can be difficult, but as experience grows personal management improves.

8. "This place has the highest turnover of any firm in the Fox Cities"

2.0
    Former Employee - Associate in Menasha, WI

I worked at Petit & Dommershausen, S.C. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work. Good community.

Cons

Conformity to the firm way of doing things is over emphasized. I would have like to have driven my own car. Pay is low compared to government jobs.

Continue reading
  9. "Great Employers!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menasha, WI

Pros

This law firm is a great place to work! Everyone is very friendly and easy going, yet professional. The bosses, Tajara and Greg, are wonderful and are always willing to answer any questions you may have. The benefits are great (Paid holidays, ETO, ect.) and the hours are a definite plus, I get to spend every night and weekend with my family. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for employment!

Cons

Sometimes stressful but rewarding work

10. "Easy to work for and clear expectations."

5.0

Pros

Very open bosses-can ask questions any time. Everyone very nice and helpful and gets along well. Not unusual for the bosses to take us out on a Friday afternoon to drink by the lake (and you don't feel weird and awkward saying yes!) Interesting issues crop up on a daily basis...rare for it to be the same old, same old!

Cons

Can be deadline sensitive with the accompanying high stress but I think that is true in any law firm.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 English Reviews