KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Petplan President and CEO Paul Guyardo
Paul Guyardo

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Insurance

Jun 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a small company and growing very rapidly which was the best thing for me.

Cons

I would say that it’s better to keep the old dogs than to get new dogs.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Took a serious downturn

Mar 9, 2022 - Veterinary Services Representative in Newtown Square, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really great coworkers. Could bring your dog to the office.

Cons

- Pay was a joke, I left to take a similar job for another company and immediately got a 10K raise. Claim their salaries are "within market rates" but they are consistently at the very bottom of the market. - Have WAY too many "managers", similar to Office Space, you have 5 different people in charge of you trying to tell you what to do in 5 different ways. - Asked for employee feedback and "ways to improve morale" but never followed through on the suggestions and wasted money on things like a pancake maker or a shuffleboard table instead. - NO opportunity for advancement or career growth unless you are a "favorite".

3. 5.0

Solid Growth, strong leadership , positioned for growth

Aug 19, 2021 - Marketing in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Top notch recruits Animal first philosophy Focus on innovations Supportive within and across departments Work from home option

Cons

Some start and stops this year Need to rebuild a corporate culture post pandemic

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Decent Intentions, Poor Execution

Aug 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The idea of Pet Insurance is so wonderful, and the world definitely needs to be educated on the topic.

Cons

The overall execution of doing anything is absolutely chaotic. There are no defined processes & management changes their minds about things whenever they please, not thinking about how it can effect everyone else. Terrible communication , organization and transparency throughout the entire company. Teams are over worked due to unrealistic expectations from upper management.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive Corporate Culture Encouraged by CEO

Jul 14, 2021 - Corporate Responsibility Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Petplan has an open-minded and supportive culture. The company is very focused on DEI initiatives and inclusivity. All the employees are friendly and collaborative. There are equal opportunities for all employees to contribute ideas and feedback. The CEO creates a supportive culture and has an open-door policy. He is trusting and respectful of his employees. He is always willing to learn the details of everyone's projects and lend a helping hand. The CEO sees the importance of giving everyone the opportunity to lead on various projects.

Cons

There are a lot of changes within the company. There has been a conscious effort to be transparent with employees, but more information on next steps would be helpful.

6. 2.0

Sigh..

Jul 28, 2021 - Member Experience Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to work remotely Helping policyholders understand aspects of their policy Connecting with people over the phone throughout the entire day and being able to assist them

Cons

Almost every policyholder that calls is angry You are expected to deescalate and provide information that oftentimes makes matters worse Policies are becoming extremely expensive and we're expected to explain the renewal pricing process and disconnect our emotions All-around difficult to communicate with people all day long when the majority of the people calling are struggling with financial hardship and don't understand their policies well enough to process a claim properly or why premiums increase yearly typically

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Rediculously content at my job

Jul 8, 2021 - Claims Adjuster in Newtown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work remote FT permanently. I have rediculously good PTO, 2 weeks, + 1 day/ year of service, and 10 paid holidays including Juneteenth & MLK. Overtime is available most months and there is a claims bonus for how many you close per month. There are also weekend overtime bonuses for closing x amount of claims. They have paid maternity/paternity leave And just started a matching 401k, 50% up to 6% of salary. That JUST started this month so I'm excited for that. When I started the 401k was underwhelming. Atleast in my Dept you have autonomy and can work at your own pace as long as you get your work done. After your a capable adjuster you can essentially make your schedule. Some work 6:30-3, some overnight, some 4 10 hour days. Plus since it is all from home I'd you have a day in the week you need off you don't have to take vacation, your manager let's you make it up on Saturday. I feel like Insurance is growing and I may as well ride that wave You get to see some really cool cases across the country and Canada.

Cons

I won't like and say this is my life's passion, processing insurance claims. BUT I'm no longer burt out so win? Working from home can feel a bit isolated but still better than dealing with the BS of having to get to the office. The claims never stop, can feel like groundhog day.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent at Best

Jun 22, 2021 - Happiness Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and onboarding, fun work environment

Cons

the customers are horrible and management wants you to handle everything on your own, even if that involves being screamed at. Things changed constantly and weren't relayed properly to the customers. Cared more about money and retaining customers than they do employees

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

One of the best companies I've ever worked in

May 4, 2021 - Administrative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, exciting things happening and more to come. Being a part of a company that practices and respects diversity and inclusiveness. Work / Life balance. Wellness Program. Down to Earth management team.

Cons

Post-Covid - Working from home can sometimes feel like you are disconnected from your co-workers. Tech glitches to work through.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unhealthy workplace - revolving door

Jun 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The employees are really fantastic people and the company has so much potential to be a great if leadership could create a more inclusive and equitable workplace.

Cons

Research this company's history and the read the Yelp reviews to get a better idea of the overall culture of this company. I'm not sure who is giving this place five stars and assume it's not the 50+ people who've left the company in 2021. NYC office was opened back up Sept. 2020 and they did not require masks or social distancing through the pandemic. It was "voluntary" to go to the office but not really. If you care about animals, this is definitely not a company you want to work for.

Petplan Response

The safety of our employees is critically important and the statements regarding our protocol for returning to the office are factually inaccurate. Petplan adhered to the strictest of standards: Occupancy was limited to 25% of total capacity. Every other desk was visibly marked to prevent usage. Social distance signage was clearly displayed throughout the office. Only four people were allowed in our conference room to ensure proper social distancing. Partitions were installed between desks. Hand sanitizer was available in every room. Masks were required in all public spaces. In addition, employees that chose to return to the office were required to participate in daily health check-ins and were provided access to free weekly COVID-19 testing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews

Petplan Reviews FAQs

Petplan has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 109 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Petplan to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Petplan employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Petplan. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

58% of Petplan employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Petplan 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Petplan to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Petplan Job Seekers