Petrey Wholesale Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

I worked at Petrey Wholesale (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family owned which leads to compassionate leadership with directors helping you succeed in your job. They make you feel you are part of team that is going to give you ways to be a success. It is a progressive company staying ahead of technology with tools to help along the way

Cons

Remember this is a sales position so compensation is related to performance. So the better area you are in will help you tremendously in succeeding. Has nothing to do with company so you will have to work harder to develop your customer base and be able to compete .

2. "Laid back, but can be unorganized."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Troy, AL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Troy, AL

I have been working at Petrey Wholesale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Petrey is a laid back company. I manage at one of the stores, not the warehouse, however. The store manager and higer ups give you a lot of freedom and don't force a lot of regulation on you. It is a very comfortable working environment. I enjoy having a great relationship with those under me and interacting with them.

Cons

Being laid back comes at the loss of structure. If the management isn't careful, favoritism can appear to be the norm because of how easy it is to just overlook writing a person up. Then when you are the one to have to do it, you look like the bad guy. The pay is not great, but I am a college student so I can survive it for now.

Advice to Management

Stay easy going, but be more structured in the way that you deal with employees and hold all of them to the same standard. Don't be afraid to let someone go if they need to be gone.

3. "Old school thinking"

I worked at Petrey Wholesale full-time

Pros

Decent Pay if you have a high volume route. Interesting and challenging work. not really much else to say good about them.

Cons

Doesnt compensate commission based employees for the extra days of work that do not involve selling. Expects employees to travel away from home for a week every other week with ridiculously low per diem. You end up losing money while traveling

Advice to Management

Your front line employees are your greatest asset. If you do not treat them well you will not get good performance. Respect works 2 ways