Phacil, Inc. Reviews

Updated Feb 20, 2020

3.4
Phacil, Inc. Chief Executive Officer Tom Shoemaker (no image)
Tom Shoemaker
Pros
  • "Great benefits with competitive salaries(in 7 reviews)

• "Very aggressive, fast, and agile work environment- hard and smart work is rewarded amply(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "most employees will not benefit as they will not be employed with Phacil long enough(in 25 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance is difficult to maintain(in 13 reviews)

1. "A great company to work for with outstanding support"

5.0
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

No closed doors. You are welcome to speak to any level of management, and know you will be heard Promotion from within is very strong. Phacil will get you trained and apply that training as long as you put forth the effort

Cons

They want the best, so if you are not on the top of your game, you may want to look elsewhere.

Phacil, Inc.2019-05-01
  2. "Started off good, but stared going downhill"

Former Employee - Telecommunications Technician

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Initially, the higher-ups were more hands-on and you would receive annual and holiday bonuses. Employees felt appreciated.

Cons

The bonuses stopped and it felt that if you were not working locally or at the headquarters, it was out of sight out of mind.

Phacil, Inc.2020-02-20

"Horrible Company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None - Their bonuses are even trash

Cons

Horrible company to work for, they fired me while I was out for personal grievance after my mom died, on top of that they lied about me not coming to work when I had proof (never asked me for my proof). My manager pointed the blame as to why I was being singled out on HR and HR was pointing the finger at him. Then while my mother was sick and completely unable to take car of herself just 2-3 months before her death they purposely denied my FLMA claims. Even though I already had a written statement from the doctor saying she as unable to take care of herself. Then they said I needed to fill out a completely different claim. In which I never had time to do so because I was being hounded about not coming to work for taking care of myself and my mom. They wanted money in the end and they do not care about your well being or YOU. Then their pay is horrible. They bid the lowest on their contracts which is why they win. I would honestly work with this company if I'm down on my luck and need money. I wouldn't make working with them a long-term effort. Mind you I worked for this company for close to 3 years and NEVER had attendance issues prior. I was even the only person on my team given Employee of the Month and several incentives for the kudos I received from my team and the government. I was granted to telework 100% and the manager took it completely right from under me. Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for in my life.You have been warned.

Phacil, Inc.2019-10-24
  4. "Eye Opening"

Systems Administrator in Concord, CA

I have been working at Phacil, Inc.

Pros

Great work environment for former military

Cons

Limited growth potential given to senior staff

Phacil, Inc.2019-08-26

"Not the best, certainly not the worst"

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Scott Air Force Base, IL

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Benefits, Good Company Vision, Decent C-Level Leadership, Raises based on Performance. Company has since been sold to another company, "By Light".

Cons

When I had initially joined the company, I was in the Sr. Network Administrator position on my contract. Shortly after I had started, the company had let go of several people on my contract with short notice due to mismanagement of the contract. They didn't offer any additional compensation (beyond annual merit raises) to those would be picking up the slack. Requests for a raise fell on the deaf ears of my Project Manager and Immediate Supervisor. When I finally put in my two weeks - no counter-offer was initially made, but was offered when I had officially left and was interviewing with another contract in the same location.

Phacil, Inc.2019-09-06
  6. "Service Desk Analyst"

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Growth opportunities for the ambitious and diligent. - Good job security if you tow the line. - Company is loyal to good employees.

Cons

- High stress. - Consistently understaffed. - At the mercy of your supervisor. - Pay is not competitive.

Phacil, Inc.2019-08-22
  7. "Pretty sweet gig"

Current Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

3rd shift is really relaxed and you can learn at your own pace, free coffee and pop, relaxed reporting and departing times,

Cons

management can be overbearing, if you don't physically tell them to back off, its a ways away from pretty much everything if you don't live in the area.

Phacil, Inc.2019-07-03

"Terrible company"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in McLean, VA

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

If your eyes are open it's easy to see what's going on. Management is not very engaged or clever.

Cons

They are dishonest with employees and customers but not very clever. There is not interest in employee development; you should consider any position a short term gig, no loyalty. If you take a position with them you should always continue looking.

Phacil, Inc.2019-06-13
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Analyst in McLean, VA

I have been working at Phacil, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company sponsored events; friendly co-workers; compliance; training available

Cons

Nothing to report to management

Phacil, Inc.2019-05-10

"Some like it, Me not so much"

Former Employee - Network Defense Team Lead in Adelphi, MD

I worked at Phacil, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vision and leadership was awesome from everything I witnessed. If you worked in their "Phacility" :) they treated the employees great.

Cons

I was in a toxic environment that kept getting worse. Until my direct boss did an underhanded thing. Then I posted my resume. I didn't even bother trying to go to the head of the company who was a great approachable guy. I just left because That person was underhanded and I did not want to work in the environment she helped create. So leadership didn't know most of the issues.

Phacil, Inc.2019-05-17