Phaidon International Principal Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Phaidon International Principal Consultant Reviews

Updated Oct 3, 2019

4.5
Phaidon International CEO Harry Youtan (no image)
Harry Youtan
  1. "Amazing Opportunity"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time

Pros

making 6 figures in your first year, fast promotions, people are amazing

Cons

its a grind but you can do so well if you have the potential

Advice to Management

keep it up and invest in who is there to lead

Phaidon International2019-03-13
  2. "Great experience"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been working here for 2 years and can honestly say its been an awesome experience so far. I knew nothing about recruitment before I started but had worked in a couple of sales roles in the past, I really like the culture and feel like I can build a career here. I'm confused about some of the negative reviews around culture as most people in my training class are still with the business, enjoy it and have done... well and I personally find it challenging but rewarding. They gave me plenty of time and support to get up and running even though it took me 4 months to do my first deal and then I had an up and down first year. After a lot of support from my manager things really clicked in the second year and I was one of the top billers in the business and earned over $140k that year. I'm now looking at progressing into a leadership role which is an amazing opportunity after just two years in the business.

Cons

It's hard work, this isn't a normal job or a 9-5. but I have learned so much since joining and if you want to earn 150k a year before you're 25 - you can't do that without working hard. Sometimes KPIs are pushed very hard which take some of the fun out of the day to day. The growth they are trying to achieve (and are achieving) is great, however, that means that some things are not where they should be, the IT... systems are not great, the office is super packed in until we move to a new one and general growing pains. Sometimes people are pushed into management when they are not ready or not given the tools to step up prior to moving into that role.

Advice to Management

Invest in the infrastructure of the business as well as the headcount. Don't step out of the weeds of the business as we grow, you are the ones who built this and we need the help and advice to continue it Invest in more management training for people that want to step up and have a better system for identifying who those people should be.

Phaidon International2019-02-22
  3. "Experienced Industry Recruiter"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

A fun environment with strong KPIs, Metrics, and extremely rewarding comp structure. There is a lot of white space to grow and succeed as well as have the option to own your specialty. We have offices throughout several countries and states and internally can move to one of these offices if there is space. They reward hard work and strong desire to succeed. The learning and development team are amazing and will... tailor development to you to ensure you're getting what you need. My VP is the best I've worked for and he gets not only how to manage me, but also how to manage my co-workers when we're all very differently motivated. Growth is super strong and compensation for deals closed is more lucrative than any of the other firms I've worked for in the past 5 years. You will have to work hard, you will have to make calls, but you will have so much ownership and opportunity based on what you produce.

Cons

If you aren't KPI driven or used to making calls or working in an environment that rewards competitiveness and internal drive it can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue offering strong training and opportunities for growth

Phaidon International2018-08-22

"Great company"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic culture, hard working, meritocratic, true work hard play hard. You will gain life skills and professional skills that reach far beyond recruiting alone. The company offers great benefits, PTO, and the ability to earn money. By no means is the job easy, but you can achieve a lot in a short amount of time if you work hard.

Cons

Sometimes work becomes your life, but that is like a lot of jobs. Definitely, a stressful job but comes with the territory!

Phaidon International2018-05-29

"Wasted Time"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is very thorough . You meet all of the leadership eventually.

Cons

There is full health benefits but really they give you a hard time when you do have to go to the doctor. It’s like being in an abusive relationship. They sucker people into the idea you can make a lot but you have no work life balance. They create a terrible culture with their KPIs and low base salary. You are pressured to go out with the group and drink and socialize. The drama between all of the offices is... unprofessional. They talk about lavish trips you can “win/earn” but it’s like spring break for college freshman. Booze, hooking up, drugs. Not the scene if you are trying to build a career. When you do quit be prepared to walk out. They don’t pay you on outstanding vacation. They don’t even allow you really to leave the office for lunch. It’s a sweatshop environment. They are always hiring new “consultants” which is a joke of a title.

Advice to Management

Change the culture and expectations. There’s such a great platform to be a decent company minus the culture. There will never been long term growth with the turn over rate.

Phaidon International2018-08-14

"Perfect place for top performers to rise quickly"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meritocratic promotion policy and defined leadership path, international career opportunities, fully paid unbelievable health coverage, unreasonable amount of vacation time

Cons

Long hours, high expectations, steep learning curve, sink-or-swim mentality

Advice to Management

Keep an eye on culture, it's an important motivator - it keeps potential billers around long enough to grow

Phaidon International2018-06-08

"Principal Consultant - Selby Jennings"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, open-plan office full of ENERGY. Lots of 'banter' (British word for jokes.. I recently learnt that too). Everyone is always ready to lend a hand if you need help with a process or with market knowledge. Good social life outside of the office, have just returned from a trip to Atlantic City with the office Soccer team. Opportunity to make a lot of money, I took home a $40k paycheck last month which, quite... frankly, I wouldn't have believed possible had I not seen the money in my own bank account.

Cons

Sometimes the roller coaster nature of the job can be difficult, but you have your team to help you if you are having a slow period and the fun atmosphere helps keep your spirits up.

Advice to Management

Can we move to the new office sooner, I'm ready to begin building out my own team!!!

Phaidon International2015-08-13

"more progression and better opportunity than I ever expected"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Firstly the money is what attracted me and I paid off all student debts and earned more than all of my friends coming out of uni in the first and second years (including those who went into Banking and finance) The progression potential - have moved internationally to one of the best cities in the world Progressed to management level within 2 years and now have a large team A True Meritocracy - if you achieve and... show your potential you are rewarded Working with awesome people of similar age, mindset and interests who are genuinely my friends. Good incentives to achieve (lunch clubs, holidays etc....)

Cons

It's not for everyone You need to work very hard at first but once you learn the process and space you work in, it becomes easier If you're looking for a 9-5 or somewhere where you can hide - this is not the place for you. Base salary is pretty low at the beginning but increases significantly and quickly with achievements and time served.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with everyone treat senior employees differently to juniors

Phaidon International2015-01-14
  9. "Great company, great opportunities and great progression"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

My time at Phaidon International over the last two years have been excellent. I started as a graduate straight out of university and now lead a team and responsibility for profitability. I have the opportunity to go on business trips, have my own clients and earning potential that former peers of mine at university have not and will not achieve for a long-time on traditional graduate schemes. The training is... unparalleled and I still frequently have training 2 years in! I work in a meritocratic environment, where hard work and talent are compensated fairly and everyone gets the same treatment. Yes, things could be more modern, but the important things for a recruitment role (commission, rewards, and growth) are all where they should be. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a Sales based role and want to get excellent training in an enjoyable environment.

Cons

No major cons, with the exception of: 1. IT - infrastructure could be massively improved (which is something that is happening now). Sometimes it holds back productivity 2. Working hours are long (but this isn't a problem you can do anything about) 3. Modernizing the workplace - for example, allow people to work from home on a Friday or when they need to - many recruitment companies do this already.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep promoting from within and keep focussing on rewarding loyalty and hard work

Phaidon International2019-10-03
  10. "Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with the business for nearly two years now and it has been a great business to work for. With any new job and especially within a sales environment it can be hard work and take commitment and dedication. Though, I have worked hard, and the platform and opportunities afforded to me have been unbelievable. The progression opportunities, Salary/earning potential and Soft skills I have been able to learn and... appreciate here are just a few of the reasons Phaidon International has been a great company to work for.

Cons

The role requires a fair amount of hard work, but you get out what you put in, which is not for everyone. I was never under the illusion that good things are easily obtained.

Advice to Management

Let a load of dogs into the office on Fridays to run about for morale boost in the office.

Phaidon International2019-06-28