Phaidon International Reviews

Updated Feb 24, 2021

3.5
Phaidon International CEO Harry Youtan (no image)
Harry Youtan
Pros
  • "Commission structure means that every placement guarantees a bonus(in 32 reviews)

• "Fantastic culture, hard working, meritocratic, true work hard play hard(in 26 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours sometimes over 50 hours(in 69 reviews)

• "Long hours don't allow for too much of a work life balance(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Wonderful company!

Feb 17, 2021 - Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a role where you can have significant earning potential. It is a grind as most sales jobs are, but I was able to pay off my student loans and my car loans in my first year and a half. Additionally, the company has started to really show how much they appreciate their employees with great flexibility, awards/incentives, and fun activities/programs to be a part of. It’s a great position whether you are a college grad or an experienced sales person/recruiter.

Cons

The culture is a bit young, which at times can be a good or bad thing. Also, it does take a bit of time to get up and running, but once you master your craft, the opportunities are endless.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Tough Company, Fun Culture

Feb 11, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

fun culture diverse experience high earning potential

Cons

long hours tough crowd very competitive takes a while to make real money

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Out of College Opportunity

Feb 4, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, provides the fundamentals necessary to be successful on your own

Cons

None that come to mind, an awesome place to work

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work, fantastic people and potential

Jan 27, 2021 - SVP-Technology in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent environment, fantastic growth opportunity, ability to control compensation, way too much vacation to be frank, 3pm leave on Fridays is wild, and the learning and career growth is quite strong.

Cons

No cons to share. Always ways to improve as a business but this is undeniably a place that wants to improve and always get better. The culture has evolved just as the people have during the 5+ years I have been here and it is fantastic to see.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Place to Work and Progress with Company

Jan 25, 2021 - Recruitement Consultant in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great onboarding/training program Company culture: feel welcomed and great friends Opportunity to make a lot of commission per month

Cons

Fast-paced environment, hustle mindset Sometimes the work-life balance can be looked over

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

You get out what you put it

Jan 11, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hard earned commission makes it worth it

Cons

Work can be tedious and repetitive

7. 5.0

Great Company, Evolving Benefits and Great Leadership

Jan 12, 2021 - Anonymous in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits that are consistently being improved. Leadership is accessible and you actually get to work around/with them. Good communication though email blasts and teams calls. Recently started and ED&I Forum.

Cons

At this time I have no cons.

Phaidon International Response

HR Business Partner

It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoy working at Phaidon, and that you recognize the work that we are doing to consistently improve our employees' experiences - such as improving benefit offerings and creating employee forums. We feel that some of the best things about our business is the accessibility of our leadership and the meritocratic focus of our culture, and we are glad that you agree!

8. 4.0

Best Company Ever

Dec 18, 2020 - Recruiter in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people you will work with here are amazing. Strong work ethic and great vibes.

Cons

This job is not for people who give up easily!

Phaidon International Response

HR Business Partner

We consistently hear about the quality of strength of our employee relationships and it is great to see that you enjoy working with our people. We also recognize that are people are amazing, and we wouldn't have the success we do without you all!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work but you can change your life

Dec 9, 2020 - Principal Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been lucky enough to work in a very interesting market that I’ve become very passionate about. I’ve great guidance from my manager and they’ve helped make me successful even though it didn’t “click” straight away. Yes it’s hard work but they told me that in the interview and it was what I expected. They’ve managed to continue growing throughout the pandemic and that is pretty amazing considering the wider world and where a lot of businesses are at right now.

Cons

It’s aggressive growth model but it’s fun to see the company grow so quickly and be a part of that. I’ve had the chance to earn more money and progress faster than I ever thought possible

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good first job but move with caution

Feb 1, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Over all cool vibe, fun environment, free stuff

Cons

Don't let the flashy stuff fool you they are cut throat

2 people found this review helpful