Phaidon International Reviews | Glassdoor

Phaidon International Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2019

Found 230 reviews

3.8
Phaidon International CEO Harry Youtan (no image)
Harry Youtan
  1. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunities for young professionals. Very good financial benefits. Once in the company, they have a great set up of support staff to assist/mentor employees

Cons

Can be very difficult, as with all other recruitment firms. Can be intimidating

Phaidon International2019-01-10
  2. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consu in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Advancement, culture, diversity, and financially motivating

Cons

Takes hard work & requires an ability to overcome adversity

Advice to Management

Tell your story! I feel so many successful managers do not tell how they got to their level enough. Keep investing in training and marketing.

Phaidon International2019-01-10

"Consultant"

I worked at Phaidon International full-time

Pros

Chop shop. New grads hired and called senior consultants. Coldcalling and frat culture

Cons

See above in pros section.

Phaidon International2019-01-08

"Great Company"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time

Pros

Wonderful people and experience. Would highly recommend to clients, candidates, and future employees.

Cons

None! Everything about my experience so far has been great.

Phaidon International2018-12-12
  5. "High growth potential"

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time

Pros

unlimited commission structure for sales staff

Cons

work long hours, start at 8:30

Phaidon International2018-11-14

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly, this is an incredible place to grow your career and understand the ins and outs of not only recruiting but also managing expectations from both ends and becoming a salesperson. No sales job is EASY - it comes with building out your own territory, long hours and sometimes a bit of heartbreak. Trust me, most of the guys and the ladies here who have made it to Principal Consultant or above have gone through A... LOT of challenging times here. Phaidon gives you the resources to become successful - it is what you do with them that is up to you Amazing young, fun company - I met some of my closest friends here Work hard, party hard mentality (no, I do not condone the drug use that happens OUTSIDE of work - nothing is ever brought on the premises) Great PTO days - like many people commented, its hard to use all of them without being called out for working "part time" or "taking too much time off" - also if you do use them, prepare to come back with absolutely nothing covered for you Great health benefits - again, if people do go out to the doctors, some people on desk may say they are "interviewing" or not believe them - it happens everywhere The board members are INCREDIBLE - not every company does the CEO come around to everyone when he is in town to hug and greet them. Harry, you are an exceptional leader and someone that we all look up to. Getting to know different teams and brands - company happy hours, team bondings, etc Easy to understand when you will get promoted and how you have to get there Equity - except don't be fooled, only the originals who started this company will ever get a piece of that - which has been rightfully deserved. Awesome perks - vacations, happy hour on Thursdays, winter party, etc. - They really try to make this a fun atmosphere

Cons

Work life balance -it's a hard grind but worth it in the end - career progression, friends who are in the office with you Salary + Commission - This is a touchy subject, while I love receiving HUGE paychecks for a lot of hard work, the amount of money that you actually get from say a $100K deal is minuscule when you subtract the money you are giving to Phaidon, whatever percentage bracket you fall into and then... on top of that taking 40-45% out in taxes to pay to the state and city (NYC) Dress code - This has become a bit laxed recently, some women in the office constantly are dressing up as if they are about to go to a club in Las Vegas for the day. That needs to change. No one gets yelled at so I have no idea why anyone would write that - rather its the opposite of everyone high fiving and cheering when deals close or if challenges arise your manager is there to help you through it Relationships in the office - Yes, this is a very big thing in the office. It is not encouraged at all but spending 70+ hrs a week with people brings them closer. There are a handful of couples (I would say around 20) in the office but they don't flaunt it or are "with one another" when they are at work, so I wouldn't see it as a problem except for when they break up.... then that just makes it awkward for everyone around them and the mood switches. The office - we need an office manager - the kitchen is never stocked, the coffee mugs are everywhere, we are missing a lot of basic necessities that any other Top 10 staffing company would easily provide including basic privileges like printing (we are all adults here, we should have to ask our managers to print out forms for us - just set the printing limit to 50 pages a month or something), basic office supplies (folders, desk accessories, tape, etc), maybe some office decorations other than in the lobby? Expenses - If you go to a client or candidate meeting and have to take a Taxi or a means of public transportation - ALLOW YOUR CONSULTANTS TO EXPENSES THAT. On a base salary of $42K with a $100K threshold, you cannot be meeting clients and candidates downtown and spending $40+ roundtrip on taxis. This should be expensible - maybe join an Uber partnership or something.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - there is a high turnover rate because you are not properly interviewing candidates when bringing them aboard. Invest in your staff - replace the excessive beer in the fridge on Fridays with printer privileges or basic office supplies. Keep promoting socially how we are helping clients - we do some INCREDIBLE work and that's how we have gotten so far - wonderful to showcase all... of the hard work online.

Phaidon International2018-11-03
  7. "Working at Phaidon"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Phaidon has brought me to reimagine my potential. I graduated College already having started a Swimwear Business. I successfully did that all summer but as winter came and I was in Chicago I wanted to join a company where I had the ability too quickly move up the ladder fast. Finding Phaidon painted that exact picture - I get to build my own business every day. I had never thought of being a recruiter... during college, but Phaidon makes it not just a job but a career that I am excited to come to every day. There is nothing better than working my hardest and seeing it all pay off.

Cons

Not every day is a perfect day, so if you do not have resilience this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Nothing, you're doing great! Thank you for the endless support and encouragement.

Phaidon International2018-11-05
  8. "Never thought I'd say I enjoy working!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people working here are amazing! Helpful, kind and such a strong team. Also the business just makes good sense and is strong and stable as well. There's a lot of growth for people at all levels and for the company itself.

Cons

You have a lot of responsibilities so you have to be willing to actively learning things and want to work.

Phaidon International2018-11-04

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Thoroughly enjoy working at Phaidon and interacting with my co-workers on a daily basis. They provide a clear platform for upward mobility and hard work is rewarded.

Cons

The hours are long, but go quickly as you are so buisy!

Phaidon International2018-10-30
  10. "Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at Phaidon International

Pros

Great Culture and great people

Cons

Tedious work. Long hours. Stuck in recruitment lifestyle

Phaidon International2018-10-02