Phaidon International Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Consultant

Phaidon International Senior Consultant Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

4.2
Phaidon International CEO Harry Youtan (no image)
Harry Youtan

"Tons of growth and working with the top end of the industry"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Immediate exposure to key clients and candidates. I get to work with some of the most prestigious banks and financial firms in the world interacting with typically VP or director level and above. Work environment is amazing - free coffee, breakfast options multiple times a week, beverages during the week and beer/wine on Fridays. Several sales incentives going on and the team participates in Philanthropic events... at least once every 2 months.

Cons

Work can be difficult. Since it’s a longer sales cycle you don’t get your first yes 1 week into the position. With persistence and targeted effort you’re able to overcome this hurdle. No options to work remote until more senior in company (about 2 years of tenure)

Advice to Management

Keep making yourself available. Love the hands on training and appreciate you sharing your vision.

Phaidon International2019-10-14

"Lovely people and great company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working here. The people are great (shoutout to Glocomms!!) and there is extremely good opportunity to make a success of yourself here. Recruiting is not that straightforward and takes great social skills so that means everyone in the office is fun and friendly. It's a great team culture and you get these $30-40K paychecks from time to time which is really awesome :) We are growing as a business and it really... feels like we're making it big here. I would recommend working here to anyone with a friendly face and positive mindset if you want to have the chance to make a success of yourself.

Cons

No concerns or cons :)

Advice to Management

Keep doing it :)

Phaidon International2019-02-26
  3. "Competitive Culture and Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Work Hard / Play Hard Culture - Days can get stressful but being friends with co-workers makes it easy - Ability to build your own business - Opportunities to make great money and progress quickly

Cons

(All have to be expected to succeed in a sales environment) - Long hours - Results driven - Be prepared to have your numbers compared and critiqued - You won't make crazy money in the early stages - It takes time to build your practice - No 401k but it's in the works

Advice to Management

Invest in those that invest in you!

Phaidon International2019-02-22
  4. "Great people to work with, but stressful work environment."

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, good opportunity to make commission and gain experience in a corporate setting.

Cons

Long work days, stressful work environment, a lot of turnover.

Phaidon International2019-03-05
  5. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunities for young professionals. Very good financial benefits. Once in the company, they have a great set up of support staff to assist/mentor employees

Cons

Can be very difficult, as with all other recruitment firms. Can be intimidating

Phaidon International2019-01-10

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Thoroughly enjoy working at Phaidon and interacting with my co-workers on a daily basis. They provide a clear platform for upward mobility and hard work is rewarded.

Cons

The hours are long, but go quickly as you are so buisy!

Phaidon International2018-10-30

"Horrid Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health insurance is very good, culture is young, company is growing, you get alot of responsibility early on

Cons

A very hard place to work for anyone but especially if you are female or a different race other than white male. Degrading and racist jokes are an everyday thing. Also, you truly can't leave your desk for lunch unless you are back in 15 minutes. The whole lunch period you are required to answer any calls that come through. You do get vacation and sick days that the company HIGHLY discouraged anyone to take and when... you do they make you seem lazy. The base salary is extremely low even with getting commission. This is not a collaborative environment and you are made to keep your head down and work.

Advice to Management

CHANGE THE CULTURE

Phaidon International2018-02-27

"Great Culture, Great Opportunities"

Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International

Pros

The epitome of work hard play hard, but such a unique, fun experience in the process. All employees work together but also go out at weekends together - and that goes a long way to show how people get on and interact. Would recommend it to anyone looking to really direct their own future within a growing company. Oh and I get paid $150k a year.. :)

Cons

It is competitive which is not for everyone. But I only wrote that because it said 5 words minimum..

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Phaidon International2015-05-21

Phaidon International Response

June 1, 2015Head of Marketing

Thank you for providing feedback, it's great to hear that you are enjoying it!

"Depending on what you're looking for."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Hong Kong

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

its not really all about the "money", thats the view I had when i first started, and one thing I really picked up is being able to meet with different type of banking/finance people with their takes on the current market and their views in general on life experience itself. Being able to understand the market you cover and the learning how to becoming a better sales no matter what you will be covering one day... through building better human to human relationship is a core value of our job.

Cons

its not the easiest job out there as we need to deliver a certain result or kpi; especially when it is a high intensity environment, but thats also every sales job lets be honest lol

Advice to Management

Would be better to know how to balance work and banter a little better.

Phaidon International2019-07-03

Phaidon International Response

July 11, 2019Group Marketing Director

Thank you for the positive feedback and taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your advice to management to find a better balance between work and ‘banter’ and have passed on your comment. For a healthy work-life balance, we think it’s important that employees can sometimes have a playful exchange on desk but we appreciate that it can be distracting and isn’t always to everyone’s taste. As you know, we have experienced hyper-growth in our 15 years, and developing a growth culture requires hard work and time to mature. We continue to improve the balance of work fun and professionalism, so thank you for flagging this as something important to you.

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good for young grads as there are many people on the same position you can relate to. You can progress fast if you want to. Social company

Cons

Cut throat environment. Very low basic salary compared to other companies in the sector. They're not also not very diligent at processing pay rises. Quantity over quality approach. Not collaborative Very "laddy" culture, not particularly professional. Very long hours. I often found myself regularly working 8am-8pm . Their approach to hiring is to hire a big group of people with the expectation... that over half will leave.

Advice to Management

Maybe hire experienced managers rather than expecting anyone who's hit their principal target to take on responsibility they're not ready for.

Phaidon International2018-11-26