Phaidon International Senior Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Phaidon International Senior Recruitment Consultant Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2019

Found 8 reviews

3.4
Phaidon International CEO Harry Youtan (no image)
Harry Youtan

"Great Culture, Great Opportunities"

Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Phaidon International

Pros

The epitome of work hard play hard, but such a unique, fun experience in the process. All employees work together but also go out at weekends together - and that goes a long way to show how people get on and interact. Would recommend it to anyone looking to really direct their own future within a growing company. Oh and I get paid $150k a year.. :)

Cons

It is competitive which is not for everyone. But I only wrote that because it said 5 words minimum..

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Phaidon International2015-05-21

Phaidon International Response

June 1, 2015Head of Marketing

Thank you for providing feedback, it's great to hear that you are enjoying it!

2. "Great people to work with, but stressful work environment."

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, good opportunity to make commission and gain experience in a corporate setting.

Cons

Long work days, stressful work environment, a lot of turnover.

Phaidon International2019-03-05

"Highly Ambitious & Rewards Success!!!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined Phaidon as an experienced consultant about 1.5 years ago looking to join a company that is ambitious and one that rewards success. If you are somebody who has an affinity for sales, an aptitude for achieving exemplary high standards, enjoys a high OTE commission scheme, high achiever awards, quarterly lunch clubs to Michelin star restaurants, company trips to exotic global destinations and more importantly... willing to go that extra mile for your clients – then Phaidon is the place to be. The learning curve is steep but you are given a platform which is tried and tested, access to experienced senior management to support you and a culture that thrives on bringing the best out of you. I joined Phaidon quite simply because it is an inspirational place to work, it is fast-paced and has clear measurable ways in which you may develop in your recruitment career. One of the key things that I like is that the business is very transparent and encourages you to work in tandem with the other global teams in order share ideas to see how they have performed and utilize what works best in order to achieve results.

Cons

Yes it can be KPI driven and highly competitive, however certainly in the beginning and especially if you are just starting out in recruitment the first push is always going to be the biggest – its all worth it in the end, the senior management continuously drive the business model which immediately separates us from the many within the industry – what we offer is exemplary quick turnaround underpinned by quality... consulting and advice at the very senior end of the market.

Advice to Management

N/A

Phaidon International2017-06-21

"Great working place with like minded individuals"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Singapore

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun young culture dynamic earn loads of cash uncapped earning potential transparent career progression

Cons

long hours stressful and quite pressurizing to hit the targets every day and week very steep learning curve and have an independent mindset- you are in control of your own income ... hence this is only suitable for people who are very tough emotionally

Advice to Management

offer international exchange programmes to promote international learning and culture.

Phaidon International2017-06-21

"Great individuals, AWFUL business"

Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Phaidon International for less than a year

Pros

Some of the people are excellent. The operations team is second to none. Location is great. If you bill over 40k per month commission is decent.

Cons

I managed just over 2 years here and leaving to move to another recruitment company was the best decision I ever made. -Numbers driven- Kpi's are one thing but everything is tracked, call times, candidates added, clients added, cv's, interviews, jobs pulled- it's better to clear 10 cv's that aren't right than 2 that could and would take the job. - Work Life balance- to be expected but, of you actually get in at 8,... leave at 6:30 or take a full hours lunch you are accused of taking a half day. - Culture, fine if your 18 or want to pretend you're still at university- sex,drugs,talking about one another. Backstabbing is actively encouraged. - Misogyny. -So focused on growth and heads in the door that ensuring longevity is ignored. - Management are not trained until after they're given a team. - False promises. - Hire and fire culture. - Lies.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to "Loyalty, Character, Ability" not "Profitability, Gossip, KPI's"

Phaidon International2017-06-16

"No better place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company culture has had a huge influence of me staying here for almost 4 years - likeminded, young, ambitious employees who also understand that having fun is crucial to building a successful team. Demanding working environment but the rewards are outstanding. Friendly atmosphere but you can tell it is a high performing organisation from the moment you walk onto the sales floor.

Cons

We work long hours, which can be tough but such is the fast paced environment that in the end, you are never left counting down the clock. Also, if you compare it to any other industry in the City, you would say it is pretty standard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive changes that have been taking place in London. Keep speaking to the employees to make sure that our suggestions and concerns are being taken onboard to help Phaidon continue to go from strength to strength.

Phaidon International2017-03-05

"A company full of grads with no senior management"

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Phaidon International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Location of office - and that's it

Cons

I worked at Selby Jeninings/Phaidon and witnesses hundreds of people come and go. the reason is simple, the London office is extremely poorly managed. there are very few people that have been there for more than 3 years. most a few months if that. the company is constantly forcing junior consultants to hire so that their head count expands. all so that they will look attractive to investors. the company are more... concerned with marketing and looking good then they are actually providing service to clients. the atmosphere is a constant negative. Senior management try to improve performance by constant negative and vile comments and a barrage of horrible emails at the end of a month instead of actually trying to help consultants and providing advice. Unfortunately theres no upside to working here any more, in the past it was eat what you kill and be rewarded well, now their commission structure for new comers is worse than most recruiters. they brag about 40-50% commission but maybe 4 people got that across the entire company. its laughable that this company recently came high on the list of best companies to work for as it was the marketing team that sat down for hours filling in the surveys just as they do with other reviews on websites to make themselves look better. overall this environment is extremely toxic, whatever you do don't go there and if you are there trust me there's somewhere better.

Advice to Management

-teach your staff how to recruit instead of just thinking about your own pockets. -stop rewarding people you 'like' then turning on them when the performance isn't there -think about the reasons you joined the company and be honest with yourself about whether any of that still exists. - when people decide to leave after years of service at least say goodbye to them instead of completely ignoring them.

Phaidon International2016-05-20

"Rewards the deserving."

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Phaidon International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Uncapped Commission - you earn what you deserve. Management and Directors who live and breathe the business. Allowed me to achieve things that I never though possible 3 years ago. High performance culture.

Cons

Long hours - but it's in your contract before you sign it.. how can you complain??? The only negatives are universal across 99% of Rec Companies.

Advice to Management

Focus on individual business unit profitability, not exceptionally fast growth.

Phaidon International2016-03-18