Pharm-Olam International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
David L. Grange

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance, very less or no stress working at Pharm-Olam India & Global (in 5 reviews)

• Hard work is appreciated, even with IT and them not fully understanding what I do (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't value its people (in 5 reviews)

• Paranoid behavior by managers- email snooping, backstabbing, complaining about employees openly in Houston office (in 3 reviews)

1. "Positive Changes"

I have been working at Pharm-Olam International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The new changes in management and ownership of the company are making a positive impact here at Pharm-Olam. The management team is listening to the employees - and making chages based on our feedback - with is creating overall optimism with the team. Looking forward to seeing the company grow and prosper!

Cons

As others have stated - these changes are recent, but at least we are heading in the right direction.

Advice to Management

Continue the transparency and keep listening to your team!

"Recent Changes"

I have been working at Pharm-Olam International full-time

Pros

The recent ownership and leadership changes at Pharm-Olam are really beginning to make a big difference in the culture of the organization. The team understands the requirements to grow and is making significant investments in important areas like technology, training, culture and support. I am excited about my future with Pharm-Olam.

Cons

Probably a bit late in making these investments but it's great that they are being made now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - it's working!

"Clinical Trial Associate"

Current Employee - Clinical Trial Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Trial Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pharm-Olam International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pharm-Olam is a fast growing, mid-size CRO that allows for lots of movement within the company. Quality work is recognized and rewarded. Management is easily accessible and take time to grow their employees. Monthly meetings allow for focus on the accomplishments of the study teams. Even stumbling blocks within studies are used to grow the employees in a productive way. Overall, best company I have ever worked for. Compensation, benefits, and PTO are great as well!

Cons

Systems are a little outdated, but all new systems are to be implemented by the end of 2017.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees. It is paying off! Great work environment. Awesome transparency in the direction of the company is going. I love working here and plan to stay for a long time.

"A good place to learn"

I worked at Pharm-Olam International full-time

Pros

I really found my manager appreciative of my work

Cons

A couple of teammates were really negative but after they left things got better
    Salaries could be better

Advice to Management

Focus on training as differs from team to team

"You won't be happy here"

I worked at Pharm-Olam International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Initially you may feel it's a good start.

Cons

In the end you and your hard work doesn't matter. HR and most of those managing, is a joke. This company has a history of wrongful terminations.

Advice to Management

GET TRAINING on how to manage people.

"The bad reviews are REAL!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pharm-Olam International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There a staff there that really care about the work they do.

Cons

Management from mid-level to Executive level are not properly trained to be in the roles. Appears the worse performer you are, the farther you will get in the company. The culture is bad and there are no values - at least not visible.

Advice to Management

Start thinking like a company rather than a mom & pop sweat shop. Look at the people leaving - investigate and do something about it if you truly care about growing and having happy customers.

"Lacking everywhere and needs attention"

Current Employee - Operations in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Operations in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pharm-Olam International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is difficult to find pros when the cons take over. Those who care show it, those who want to make a different do.

Cons

There are so many problems. The reviews don't lie and the ones with positive comments are written by HR or the ones that are the problem. People leave weekly. Pay is not market standard, benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Senior management - Pay attention and stop protecting managers who are ruining your image and not following policies or standards . Communicate and when you do do it with respect. A lot of great talent is being ran off which will slow down your growth. Respond to the why people are leaving. You cannot grow if you have to fill the shoes of those who have left.

"Don't be fooled: There's Nothing "Fresh" about this company"

Current Employee - Clinical Operations in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Operations in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pharm-Olam International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job. Pay is decent which is what keeps most of us here. Some good people here and employees try hard.

Cons

It's baffling to watch the same ineffective and corrosive management style continue day after day. Everything you see in the reviews below are true (except the fake reviews which were undoubtedly posted by HR).

-Top-down approach from executive management
    -So much finger pointing from corporate HQ
    -No accountability from senior management
    -no employee development or career paths
    -awful benefits

The current CEO has got to go. He is abrasive, rude, and does not listen to his people. He is ruining this company from the inside out. Despite what HR will admit, we have lost so many good people because of him.

I do not wish harm on this company because they sign my checks, but I am posting this as a concerned employee just hoping (praying) that other senior execs read this and take a good look at what is actually going on inside their company. This has to stop--it has gone on long enough!

Advice to Management

If you want a fresh attitude, start with a change at the top!!!!

"Complainers will complain, however they are exaggerating. This is a good company."

Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pharm-Olam International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have put up with me for 5 years.
    (Norm for IT admins at any company)
    Company is moving onward and upward.
    Positive and friendly interactions from executives.
    Strong morales and values.
    Overall, this is a great company to work for.

Cons

Not to put light on the subject, but I have seen reviews that exaggerate...
    If you drop your candy sucker in the dirt, rinse it off and stop crying about it. (Millennials)
    Yes, the Houston Office is not in the best of locations, however its not the in worse as well.
    I would rather work for a good company in a somewhat "bad" location, than a bad company in a good location.
    That being said, all of the other offices I have been to are in very good locations.
    If your looking to work here, trust me, this company is a good company.
    Complainers are on here posting incorrect information, not realizing that they are not helping themselves.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing, I prefer the new direction in which we have been heading in the past couple of years.
    I have seen change take place and I think we are moving forward instead of always looking backwards then comparing like we use to.
    Events like the Christmas party (which we all really like), perhaps do another one on the companies anniversary as an appreciation type of event.
    Keep on doing what your doing, I think its really good and I like it.

"Pessimistic work environment, but offers decent experience"

Former Employee - Data Management in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Former Employee - Data Management in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at Pharm-Olam International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- You may be able to learn varied tasks.
    - Small company feel, get to know your co-workers.
    - They seem to want to improve and grow.

Cons

- Lack of organization and incentive.
    - Lots of turnover
    - Nobody seems particularly happy to be there.
    - Don't feel valued.

Advice to Management

Clearer management and structure would be nice.