Pharma Medica Research Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Pharma Medica Research Chairman of the board and CEO Medhat Kamel
Medhat Kamel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Assistant Clinical Study Coordinator"

I worked at Pharma Medica Research full-time

Pros

I received a variety of experiences in a very short period of time. I was given so much responsibility that I felt motivated to succeed. The work environment allowed me to be honest and explain my decisions.
    You have to study the projects very well and multitask with 5 different projects happening simultaneously in 5 different clinics. Preparation is very key and losing focus can put you in a bad position. Asking questions is very important and don’t shy away if you are reprimanded. Hard work is appreciated and observed by the management.
     I don't know a single Clinical Research organization that does not struggle with projects that have to be completed in the most precise manner and trying to accomplish that is enormously difficult with so many people playing important roles.
     I enjoyed the fact that Pharma Medica Inc., was a new company in St Louis and was very diverse. You get to meet people from all around the world and if you are a people’s person you will enjoy it. This is very unique in Clinical Research organizations.
    The salary is good in entry level positions. I truly wish them the best.

Cons

There are many challenges. The management is very thorough and strict which does stress the employees. The organization was trying to make it better by constantly training us.
    The work in never ending and you must learn to work your life around the projects.
    The QC and QA process is endless as documentation is thoroughly checked before it goes to the sponsor.

"horrible place"

I worked at Pharma Medica Research full-time

Pros

nothing. you are miserable every moment.

Cons

where to start. no benefits, management are tyrants, and pay sucks. too long of a list to keep going

Advice to Management

sorry only advice is to pack up. company will be done in 6 months

"Coordinator"

I worked at Pharma Medica Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They fired me! Thank God for the blessing!

Cons

Pathetic crooked business! No morals, no standards, unethical, and most of all a crooked ran business. Muslim family ran business that believes they can preach about being a Muslim, but cannot abide by the Muslim rules. It's all a cover up so they can be the nasty sexist people they are. If you are not willing to spend quality time with the owners brother outside of work you will be fired! Sponsors have no idea documentation is no legit and covered up with lies and more lies. Rumor told is they don't have subjects for a study they magically create invisible subjects.

Advice to Management

Understand you are not liked even by your butt licking employees. They are making a laughing stock out of you! They said thanks for the raises though while hard working employees got nothing. It's a shame to know you have to sleep with your boss to get a raise.

"Terrible place to work!"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

Pros

On paper they appear to offer a lot and have much experience.

Cons

There is absolutely no communication or transparency within the company and the executive management team is horrible. The owner Latifa is verbally abusive and will yell at employees AND clients telling them they are incompetent and don't know what they are doing. YES, even yelling at clients telling them they are wrong and we are right because we are Pharma Medica.

Latifa has cameras set up in all of their facilities so she can monitor the staff from her office and at home. She trusts no one. Everyone that works here is on pins and needles because Latifa rules the company with an iron fist. The St. Charles site has seen about 75% turnover of the staff (yes, it is that bad) because Latifa is quick to fire and is a pain to work for. The Toronto site has a big turnover too but not as bad as St. Charles but they communicate as little as possible because Latifa monitors everything.

Latifa is a real life "Queen of Hearts" from Alice in Wonderland" (a.k.a. Off with their heads) but Latifa will only wear black.

The health insurance is good (not great) and there is no 401K in place.

Be warned if you take a job with Pharma Medica.

Advice to Management

I think the company has grown beyond what Latifa can manage and maybe it is time to hire a CEO to run the company and let Latifa run the clinical operations.

"Horrible place to work incompetent .Ilegal work"

Former Employee - Study Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Study Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Pharma Medica Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Managers and the owner's brother run the company like they own a slave farm

Cons

Lazy group leaders who don't have any knowledge about research . As long they do what the brothers owner said they are fine .

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Pharma Medica Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, oportunity for advancement, very diverse workforce, benefits, 2 weeks paid vacation, unpaid vacation available depending upon workload.

Cons

Need a 401K plan and schedule might change depending upon The projects.

Advice to Management

Need a 401K plan!

"Horrible place to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at Pharma Medica Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There truly are not any pros to working for this company. I feel like I have PTSD from working at this place.

Cons

Management is extremely negative towards workers. They treat some workers great until they don't have a need for them anyone. The rest they treat like they bought you and your morals. The give misinformation to subjects and sponsors.

Advice to Management

Your games won't work forever. You must learn to treat people the correct way and motivate with positivity not fear.

"Study Coordinator"

Current Employee - Study Coordinator in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Study Coordinator in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Pharma Medica Research full-time

Pros

Upper management is very easy to work with. When the company first opened up it seemed like a nightmare. A lot of things have changed since then. Great place to work!

Cons

The employees! They are lazy, cry babies. They are not happy with the company unless they can gossip about everybody, stand outside and smoke 20 times a day, and oh my don't make them actually work. Pathetic! The employees are the joke at this company. If you were to get paid to talk crap, these people would have a job forever. If the employees would actually do there job and shut their mouths we might actually get some work done. If the clinic employees would stop trying to hook up with the subjects there just might be some respect earned. What's very amusing to me is all the people that complain and badger the company HAVE NOT QUIT! Drama queens! On the reviews it's poor me; at work it's drama and laziness.

Advice to Management

Get a grip on the employees! Stop letting the employees ruin your business! Fire the incompetent idiots!

"Wish I could give less than one star."

I worked at Pharma Medica Research full-time

Pros

Worked with some excellent coworkers.

Cons

Management plays fast and loose with state and federal regulations. Those with a professional license should steer clear.

Advice to Management

Stop posting 5 star reviews. You are not fooling anyone.

"Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pharma Medica Research (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, Good bosses this is a good job to introduce you into the field of Phlebotomy just come for the experience!! you do a lot of blood draws!!

Cons

Scheduling they ask your availability and schedule you what they want you to work, work every weekend, if you are part-time when there are no studies be prepare to be off with no pay and part time workers do not get holiday pay for working. You are required to be a phlebotomist, a filer, a patient care technician and babysit.

Advice to Management

Rotate weekends, Follow the availability that your workers give you.