Pharma Medica Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Pharma Medica Research Chairman of the board and CEO Medhat Kamel
Medhat Kamel

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Pharma Medica Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, oportunity for advancement, very diverse workforce, benefits, 2 weeks paid vacation, unpaid vacation available depending upon workload.

Cons

Need a 401K plan and schedule might change depending upon The projects.

Advice to Management

Need a 401K plan!

"Terrible place to work!"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

Pros

On paper they appear to offer a lot and have much experience.

Cons

There is absolutely no communication or transparency within the company and the executive management team is horrible. The owner Latifa is verbally abusive and will yell at employees AND clients telling them they are incompetent and don't know what they are doing. YES, even yelling at clients telling them they are wrong and we are right because we are Pharma Medica.

Latifa has cameras set up in all of their facilities so she can monitor the staff from her office and at home. She trusts no one. Everyone that works here is on pins and needles because Latifa rules the company with an iron fist. The St. Charles site has seen about 75% turnover of the staff (yes, it is that bad) because Latifa is quick to fire and is a pain to work for. The Toronto site has a big turnover too but not as bad as St. Charles but they communicate as little as possible because Latifa monitors everything.

Latifa is a real life "Queen of Hearts" from Alice in Wonderland" (a.k.a. Off with their heads) but Latifa will only wear black.

The health insurance is good (not great) and there is no 401K in place.

Be warned if you take a job with Pharma Medica.

Advice to Management

I think the company has grown beyond what Latifa can manage and maybe it is time to hire a CEO to run the company and let Latifa run the clinical operations.

"Horrible place to work incompetent .Ilegal work"

Former Employee - Study Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Study Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Pharma Medica Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. Managers and the owner's brother run the company like they own a slave farm

Cons

Lazy group leaders who don't have any knowledge about research . As long they do what the brothers owner said they are fine .

"Horrible place to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at Pharma Medica Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There truly are not any pros to working for this company. I feel like I have PTSD from working at this place.

Cons

Management is extremely negative towards workers. They treat some workers great until they don't have a need for them anyone. The rest they treat like they bought you and your morals. The give misinformation to subjects and sponsors.

Advice to Management

Your games won't work forever. You must learn to treat people the correct way and motivate with positivity not fear.

"Study Coordinator"

Current Employee - Study Coordinator in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Study Coordinator in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Pharma Medica Research full-time

Pros

Upper management is very easy to work with. When the company first opened up it seemed like a nightmare. A lot of things have changed since then. Great place to work!

Cons

The employees! They are lazy, cry babies. They are not happy with the company unless they can gossip about everybody, stand outside and smoke 20 times a day, and oh my don't make them actually work. Pathetic! The employees are the joke at this company. If you were to get paid to talk crap, these people would have a job forever. If the employees would actually do there job and shut their mouths we might actually get some work done. If the clinic employees would stop trying to hook up with the subjects there just might be some respect earned. What's very amusing to me is all the people that complain and badger the company HAVE NOT QUIT! Drama queens! On the reviews it's poor me; at work it's drama and laziness.

Advice to Management

Get a grip on the employees! Stop letting the employees ruin your business! Fire the incompetent idiots!

"Wish I could give less than one star."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I worked at Pharma Medica Research full-time

Pros

Worked with some excellent coworkers.

Cons

Management plays fast and loose with state and federal regulations. Those with a professional license should steer clear.

Advice to Management

Stop posting 5 star reviews. You are not fooling anyone.

"Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Pharma Medica Research (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, Good bosses this is a good job to introduce you into the field of Phlebotomy just come for the experience!! you do a lot of blood draws!!

Cons

Scheduling they ask your availability and schedule you what they want you to work, work every weekend, if you are part-time when there are no studies be prepare to be off with no pay and part time workers do not get holiday pay for working. You are required to be a phlebotomist, a filer, a patient care technician and babysit.

Advice to Management

Rotate weekends, Follow the availability that your workers give you.

"employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at Pharma Medica Research (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the WORST company I have EVER worked for! I worked for the last couple of companies that were located in that building and had a far better experience (although they went bankrupt). This place will suck the life out of you. Every week we were all on the edge of our chairs wondering if it would be our last week with a paycheck. Management enjoys yelling at the employees and degrading them. There are opportunities to grown with the company. Mostly due to everyone getting fired or quitting. I can't even begin to tell you all the drama, hassle and verbal abuse so many went through trying to provide for their families. It's a shame. I was really looking forward to growing with this company and watching them succeed, but it turned out to be a huge nightmare!

Cons

they pay half way decent but is not worth it in the end

Advice to Management

Go back to Canada

"Clinical Research Professional"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

I have been working at Pharma Medica Research (More than a year)

Pros

Salaries are competitive but it doesn't last because turnover is so high. They use abusive scare tactics to get results.

Cons

There is no communication and directions are vague. Every accomplishment is turned into a negative and threat. Senior management plays mind games and are never on the same page then blame employees when things turn out badly. They play employees against each other. There are hidden cameras evrywhere and they want it known that your every move is monitored. You are not given adequate tools to do your job. I listen to other employees literally get screamed at all day. Your job expectations are never made clear left you always vulnerable to disciplinary. It is a horrible place to work with moral the worst of any job I have ever had.

Advice to Management

There is no advice because management creates this work environment intentionally. They know exactly what they are doing.

"You get what you pay for!"

Pros

Most interviewees are hired within 24 hrs out of desperation. This is a bonus for the less experienced employee as they can be trained the "PMRI" way. The intense stress and poor working conditions really bring people together and create lasting friendships. The parking is great since there are so few employees to compete for spaces. Conversations are monitored so if you ever need to know what you said a week ago, just ask someone from management. Communication is non-exsistant so it keeps everyone guessing what will happen next.

Cons

What do you get when you combine low wages, little to no experience in employees, tyranny, lack of training, trust, respect and poor quality work? PMRI! This company will do anything to keep the "locals" from knowing the real story of what goes on behind the scenes and management will do ANYTHING to ensure the studies run - whether its done right or wrong.

Advice to Management

Stop looking to the 20 year old girls for advice and to be your moles. Look to the experienced people you hired to grow your company. Better yet, just give up and move out! No one is better for having worked at PMRI or for having been a volunteer.