Pharmaca Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Richard Willis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great products, decent discount and fellow coworkers who are passionate about health and wellness" (in 4 reviews)

• "pay above average, team members, positive environment, greatt customers" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "However, upper management sometimes seemed to make decisions that didn't make a lot of sense for our particular store" (in 10 reviews)

• "Staffing with one tech on weekends can make good customer service difficult" (in 6 reviews)

"Wonderful team environment"

Pros

Great work environment. Flexible schedule and good work life balance. Provides an added service for the community with an exceptionally educated staff.

Cons

Upper management is disconnected from reality.

2. "Fun job, great location, awesome staff."

Current Employee - Esthetician in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Esthetician in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Pharmaca part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff is great, so knowledgeable and warm. Always enjoy my shifts and the location is one to beat (La Jolla is beautiful). Shifts are flexible, staff is such a pleasure to work with, the clientele is...interesting.. eccentric for sure. Honestly always go home in a good mood.

Cons

Parking sucks but I️ learned to enjoy the walk. Store is getting a little shabby but that’s not hindering my performance in any way, it would just be nice to update some of the furniture and whatnot.

Advice to Management

Keep it up Aimee, you’re great.

"Complete lack of focus and communication"

Current Employee - Practitioner
    Current Employee - Practitioner

I have been working at Pharmaca (More than a year)

Pros

Quickly going away, but good opportunity for beginning practitioners to learn about products, become more comfortable with people, and make connections with potential new clients.

Cons

Hours cut, company focus is unclear. Lots of money spent on new stores, but cutting hours on employees who have been loyal to the company. No opportunity for internal growth - they hire management from outside almost totally.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as though they matter to you. Don't grow new stores if it's going to screw over loyal employees. Listen to our ideas on how to run the stores, because it's clear you don't know what actually happens in the stores!!! Oh, and regular schedules are almost impossible!

4. "Pharmacist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Pharmaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, great coworkers, compensation, discounts

Cons

Busy and difficult to help everyone at times

"Don't bother"

I worked at Pharmaca part-time

Pros

It is an interesting concept.

Cons

There is very little training. The management tend to push and harass the staff.

Advice to Management

There should be reasonable expectations from staff. The store was always short staffed. The management should spend more time assisting in the store.

"Pharmacist"

Former Employee - Pharmacist
    Former Employee - Pharmacist

I worked at Pharmaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has a nice smell.

Cons

Worst computer system ever. I hadn’t seen a fax machine in 20 years before coming here. Customers get very upset if the prescriptions aren’t done but you are by yourself most of the time so very hard to get anything done. There is very little help and you cater to the wealthy and spoiled..Terrible business model. Ordering has to be done manually or inventory is messed up. 12 hour shifts with no break or lunch. Try to avoid at all cost..

Advice to Management

If your business hinges on one customer not being happy then this will not work.

"Pharmacist"

Former Employee - Pharmacist Manager
    Former Employee - Pharmacist Manager

I worked at Pharmaca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nicer environment than big chains

Cons

Massive workload with little help, working alone with super high expectations, even days off were spent working, working off the clock, antiquated technology left you with no time for the “exceptional customer service” that is required.. I see it as completely unsustainable and hard to compete with other retail pharmacies, constant pressure, favoritism.. the list goes on... so not worth it...

Advice to Management

Get a new system.. uncompetitive .. allow for more freedom ..your expectations are completely unreasonable..

"Assistant Manager"

Pros

Learned a lot about supplements

Cons

Low pay poor management

9. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Novato, CA

I worked at Pharmaca full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, all like-minded as far as healing and natural wellness. Very supportive and caring atmosphere, even from upper management. Being a somewhat newer company, the executives are very open to new ideas and everything felt very much like a team effort. The new CEO is wonderful and down to earth.

Cons

Disorganization from corporate offices communicated down to store level. Lots of changes in employees at corporate offices.

10. "Get back what you put in!"

Current Employee - Practitioner in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Practitioner in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Pharmaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was able to pass out my business card to all customers and grow my own private practice. Product samples for team members help enable practitioners to better speak about the products carried in the store.

Cons

Wage is retail based however the benefits of connecting with my community were clear.