KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pharmaca

Is this your company?

Pharmaca

Add a Review

Pharmaca Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Nov 8, 2017

Found 5 of over 100 reviews

3.3
Pharmaca Chief Executive Officer Richard Willis  (no image)
Richard Willis
Pros
  • "Product samples for team members help enable practitioners to better speak about the products carried in the store(in 9 reviews)

• "People will come in and tell the team members how wonderful they are and how we make a difference in their lives(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "However, upper management sometimes seemed to make decisions that didn't make a lot of sense for our particular store(in 12 reviews)

• "The low pay was the biggest drawback to the position(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Low-stress job with interesting, like-minded co-workers

Apr 5, 2017 - Nutritionist in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked as a nutritionist at a Pharmaca retail location to supplement my private practice with a more stable source of income. It was a low stress job and I learned a lot about a variety of supplements and herbs that I wasn't previously familiar with. My co-workers were all kind, interesting, and highly educated individuals and it was nice to have like-minded colleagues. There were a lot of opportunities for free continuing education presented by supplement company reps, online webinars, etc. The employee discount of 25% was also great. I was able to hand my business card out to customers and seek referrals for my private practice. Overall, it was a fun job, and I remember my time there fondly.

Cons

The low pay was the biggest drawback to the position. Pharmaca likes to advertise that they have licensed practitioners on staff to give customers advice, but they won't pay you for your experience and education. In the end, it is a retail position. You are able to hand your business card out to customers, but I never gained any clients through that. That was probably more of a reflection of the area that I worked in and my specialty in my private practice, so it might work for other practitioners. Training wasn't very consistent, as the store operates with minimum staffing, and employees are needed on the floor from Day 1. I was able to hit the ground running, but I know that some other new employees struggled with the lack of training. The store manager was a kind and competent individual who did a great job at running the store with the resources that were given. However, upper management sometimes seemed to make decisions that didn't make a lot of sense for our particular store. There was very little room for advancement. The pay difference from practitioner to lead practitioner was something on the scale of $0.25. Employees could not be promoted to management without having several years of retail management experience.

9 people found this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Former Employee

Great concept, if company were run by professionals, it just might work

Nov 26, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Peaceful environment compared to other retail jobs. Customers appreciate the expertise if associates and it's a great place to learn about herbal remedies etc. They give you a ton of free stuff, which is nice.

Cons

Pay is abysmal and well below market. Although they want to staff with educated practitioners, they do not pay a living wage. The benefits are a joke. It is laughable that their slogan is "Healthy Happens Here" when the insurance plans they offer, combined with low pay, make seeing a healthcare professional impossible for most employees.

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

practicioners are really just retail clerks with similar pay scale

Mar 20, 2017 - Practicioner
      Business Outlook

Pros

great products, interested customers, wonderful fellow workers

Cons

low pay with no incentives, false promises made upon hiring , no room for change

8 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Assistant Manager

Nov 8, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a lot about supplements

Cons

Low pay poor management

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Customer service

Nov 5, 2017 - Customer Service Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team members and discount

Cons

low pay and retail hours

Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews