KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pharmaca

Is this your company?

Pharmaca

Add a Review

Pharmaca Employee Reviews about "team members"

Updated Jul 11, 2020

Found 8 of over 100 reviews

3.3
Pharmaca Chief Executive Officer Richard Willis  (no image)
Richard Willis
Pros
  • "Product samples for team members help enable practitioners to better speak about the products carried in the store(in 9 reviews)

• "People will come in and tell the team members how wonderful they are and how we make a difference in their lives(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "However, upper management sometimes seemed to make decisions that didn't make a lot of sense for our particular store(in 12 reviews)

• "The low pay was the biggest drawback to the position(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "team members"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Get back what you put in!

Aug 9, 2017 - Practitioner in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was able to pass out my business card to all customers and grow my own private practice. Product samples for team members help enable practitioners to better speak about the products carried in the store.

Cons

Wage is retail based however the benefits of connecting with my community were clear.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great concept, poor leadership

Jul 11, 2020 - Manager in Boulder, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Products, vendors, customers, professional team members (Naturopathic doctors, Nutritionists, Estheticians, Pharmacists, Herbalists, etc...) It is a great place to learn a lot about natural and holistic wellness.

Cons

Company leadership is completely detached from the store level. Labor hours were constantly cut to the detriment of providing good customer service. And training hours were non existent. Benefits were average and only provided to full time employees. Pay was below average, especially for team members who were not managers. Turnover of team members throughout the company was the worst I have ever seen.

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Disconnected

Aug 27, 2018 - Pharmacy Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

At the store level the teams are great and there is a great outreach to the community. People will come in and tell the team members how wonderful they are and how we make a difference in their lives. It is a great place for people to come and get started on their journey to health, both for customers and employees.

Cons

Where do we begin? Management in the stores doesn't make enough money for what they have to do. Practitioners make a laughable amount of money, especially if Pharmaca wants to keep that special something that separates it from GNC and Walgreens. No one is going to come here and make what they make outside of the stores, and it's unfortunate because that's what customers want. Upper management also seems to totally ignore great ideas when it comes to loss prevention, employee retention, training and labor. Also they don't staff Pharmacy correctly, and it shows on their side and retail. Also, the benefits are terrible. For a place that touts health and wellness, the medical insurance could be vastly better. Like something we could actually use.

10 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0

Exceptional environment, questionable management

Jul 24, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice store to work in if you're into natural health and beauty, and good employee discount. Most of my co-workers have been very cool and well-educated folks and they are the reason I've stayed as long as I have.

Cons

Even though you must be a certified practitioner to work here, make no mistake, it's a retail job. All employees must do all tasks at any given time. There is no dedicated cashier, so one must drop what they're doing to run up and ring transactions. Customers can be rather entitled and snooty. Upper management is out of touch with team members at the store level.

5 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A roller coaster.

Jun 2, 2012 - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Private company, great atmosphere, great mission, awesome people.

Cons

Being a small company I understand that there is going to be times that get hectic however it seems as if this is become the norm. I often feel like upper management doesn't properly plan for the growth that the company is experiencing so often times things that could be handled better with proper planning turn out to become major issues with no warning at all. I've also come to realize that this company plays the "oh I know someone that can probably do that" game when hiring so I feel that there are some team members in certain higher positions that they wouldn't be qualified for at many other companies.

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Pharmaca is changing healthcare to self care

Aug 26, 2009 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team Members are the best. Very knowledgable and have the opportunity to work in an environmentally friendly, education-oriented store. There are neat products, both mainstream and complementary.

Cons

Small company so not everything is figured out. Inconsistencies in the stores merchandising, and the expectations.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

okay

Feb 16, 2015 - Pharmacy Technician in Los Gatos, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

pay above average, team members, positive environment, greatt customers

Cons

benefits, management, but it is a good place to learn a lot

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Customer service

Nov 5, 2017 - Customer Service Associate in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team members and discount

Cons

low pay and retail hours

Be the first to find this review helpful
    Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews