KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pharmacists Mutual Reviews

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Found 30 of over 31 reviews

3.7
Pharmacists Mutual CEO Ed Yorty (no image)
Ed Yorty
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to learn and grow

Nov 24, 2021 - Assistant Vice President Marketing in Algona, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance Benefit Package keeps improving

Cons

I have no cons to share

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Opportunity

Nov 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every employee has the ability to get involved in different aspects of the business through projects and corporate goals. This not typical of most employers, where your day to day can become monotonous. We also have a great HR department. They are constantly working to bring forward enhancements to our current benefits package and they continue to be an advocate for all employees.

Cons

We have been a bit slow to adopt the hybrid work model for all employees, but we are making major strides.

3. 5.0

Progressive and Pro-Employee Company

Nov 24, 2021 - Vice President - IT Security in Algona, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great reputation Strong expertise for our niche markets' members/customers People-oriented for customer service and for employees Competitive employment benefits, salaries and amenities Modern and Appealing office facilities Many Opportunities for career enhancement and development Friendly / Helpful work environment - Teamwork mentality to accomplish objectives and strategic projects.

Cons

Challenging to achieve the many strategic company goals/ priorities with the present staffing model.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Family Oriented

Nov 24, 2021 - Commercial Underwriter in Algona, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a mom with a young family, working with peers who are currently living the same situation or have in the past is wonderful. They understand that family comes first. I can always count on my peers to help with my work while I am out with my family.

Cons

Times of heavy workloads can result in extra hours at work.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great company, flexible work schedule

Nov 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Algona, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working at Pharmacists Mutual. In my position, everyday is something new and challenging which I love. I have met many great friends while working here over the years. I love the flexibility to be able to put my family first and take the time needed to run to appointments, school events or anything else that unexpectedly comes up with a busy family.

Cons

Most likely the same cons as other companies, sometimes work goes unnoticed resulting in lack of advancement opportunities, and sometimes workloads become larger than normal.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

The Perfect Field Rep Position Does Exist

Nov 16, 2021 - Field Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a person who wears many hats in my personal life, I found a long time ago that a traditional desk job was not going to be a good fit for me. Since then, I worked in fields that allowed me to set my own schedule. I used to joke that working half days was not so bad when you get to choose which 12 hours of the day you worked. Here, that doesn't have to be the case. We work hard, but we're efficient. I'm still learning the ropes, and it's very refreshing to have a team and a sales team leader that all are willing to help. Support and communication among the various departments is better than I've seen in other companies. The first hand experience and guidance I receive from my sales team leader is unlike anything I've ever had. I'm used to being redirected or not given a direct answer at all. I love that I can work from home and that my territory is more than manageable. I have a wonderful work-life balance and can focus on doing what I do best in my professional and personal life.

Cons

No cons to speak of, but I will say this role is not for those that thrive in an office setting or have a hard time self managing without constant oversight.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Getting this job has completely changed my life, I go to work looking forward to my day versus dreading my previous job!

Nov 8, 2021 - Systems Analyst in Algona, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is something here for everyone, not just selling insurance like I used to think before working here.

Cons

Working with people has always been a challenge for me, but here I can choose a job that fits my needs.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Making a difference

Nov 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Algona, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pharmacists Mutual makes a positive difference in the lives and livelihoods of thousands of our members through providing insurance protection to various industries and individuals in Pharmacy, HME, HHC, HME, Dentistry, Veterinarians, and other industries. We were founded in 1909 and have a strong track record of providing excellent service for our members. We are experts in the industries that we protect. We provide piece of mind by offering the best possible coverage to our members. We are a results driven Company striving for excellence in every way possible. There is so much more good news to offer and share.

Cons

The culture is one of working hard and smart while delivering excellence. Not everyone is capable of fitting in that type of culture.

9. 4.0

Work Life Balance

Nov 8, 2021 - Commercial Underwriter in Algona, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am able to work standard hours, but adjust them as needed to get my children to/from school, doctors appointments, or activities.

Cons

Unbalanced workloads. Specialization in some departments - if key people were to leave, it could jeopardize goals.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Family Friendly Company

Nov 4, 2021 - Operations in Algona, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company offers flexibility and is very family oriented. They truly care about their employees success and growth. Great company to work for.

Cons

Remote work is not always a possibility

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews