Phase 3 Marketing & Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Ken Holsclaw
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Nashville, TN

I worked at Phase 3 Marketing & Communications part-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of freedom to learn and grow as you see best fit

Cons

Can be fast paced. Lots of external events that you won't be paid to attend.

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2019-01-16

"Poor Internship Program"

Former Employee - PR Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Phase 3 Marketing & Communications part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Learned some PR tools such as Cision - It was part-time - Got to work a grand opening

Cons

- Very disorganized with interns - Would have many days with little to no work - A boss who wouldn't reply to my emails - Employees were not friendly with interns - Felt invisible - Intern coordinator offered to write a letter of recommendation then never sent it after being reminded 3+ times

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2019-04-03
  3. "Good company"

I worked at Phase 3 Marketing & Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

-liked team members I worked with

Cons

-didn't like how work load was distributed

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2019-02-08

"Look elsewhere for agency work"

I worked at Phase 3 Marketing & Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Location of the office, diverse clients

Cons

Very chaotic environment, salary is not great

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2018-06-14

"Phase 3 is a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Phase 3 Marketing & Communications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work in the Nashville office of Phase 3, and it is, hands-down the best place I've worked in my 20 year career. The people are smart and funny and kind, and there's a lot of camaraderie. I have flexibility and work-life balance, as a working mother of two. If you're working hard and contributing what you're supposed to, no one is going to breathe down your neck or micromanage you. If you're eager to learn and are willing...

Cons

Phase 3 is growing by acquisition. If you're change averse and can't roll with the punches, you may be uncomfortable here. We have a fair amount of turnover that I think is the result of our expansion (and different worlds colliding). Different departments have different work styles, as do different cities--so there isn't one unified agency culture. (If you read the review of a disgruntled sales person from one city--it...

Advice to Management

If someone's applying for a job in sales, make sure they really want to be in sales and aren't using it as a stepping stone to get into marketing or some other department. Everyone will end up disappointed. Continue investing in your top performers. Hire the most experienced people you can afford. Remember why we're here! To give clients the best product possible.

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2018-04-23
  6. "Happy To Be Here"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Phase 3 Marketing & Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoy working at Phase 3. I have made friends here, and the office is a friendly place overall. I personally have great leadership in my department with whom I am in direct contact. I am trusted to pull my weight. I am not scolded if/when I mess something up, but rather use it as a learning opportunity. I have learned a lot in two years and plan to keep growing here!

Cons

As with all agency life, there are ups and downs to workload. There may be a couple weeks when you are slammed.

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2018-04-18
  7. "Good for entry level, first-step"

I worked at Phase 3 Marketing & Communications full-time

Pros

You get to gain experience in every marketing vertical and with every kind of industry and client. Promotions were given every year or even more, especially when people where quitting. The Nashville office is in a good location and flexible hours. No one cared when I got there or left everyday. Phase 3 is a good step for entry level print production or sales or pr experience.

Cons

The status of the company was constantly changing. There was never a clear goal other than to make sales and that resulted in a lot of client and employee turnover. It was hard keeping track of the hundreds of clients since we didn't have a CMS. We used google spreadsheets for everything and accounting department was a mess. I would not recommend Phase 3 for marketing managers or designers.

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2018-04-19

"Just don't do it"

I worked at Phase 3 Marketing & Communications full-time

Pros

There are always police officers outside the building so when the homeless people literally right outside the building harass you to and from the parking deck, you know you're "safe"

Cons

All the 5 star reviews are lies, don't think I met anyone in the entire company who genuinely likes it there. Everyone's pretty much miserable, you will be too. The work is not interesting at all. If, and only if, you are desperate for a steady paycheck then make your money honey. Only wrote this review because someone on Linkedin personally ask me about my opinion about the company. Thought I should share with all.

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2018-03-29
  9. "Great company to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Phase 3 Marketing & Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Phase 3 for sometime now, there is a lot of room for opportunities and growth. It is a fun, friendly place to work at. Great work life balance. I get my space to do my job my way, not much micromanaging a lot of freedom and great career growth

Cons

Health benefits could be better

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2017-12-06

"Great place. Great People. Lots of Opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Frankly, I really love working at this company. I look forward to coming to work. Really fun and energetic people at all stages in their marketing careers. A lot of freedom to learn anything you want and work with people that have done amazing work for many marque brands.

Cons

If you are looking for just a job and just a pay check, this is probably not the place for you. Everyone is expected to contribute, share, learn, try and build the business. To me, this is not a con - but it may be a con for someone just looking for a gig to collect a pay check.

Phase 3 Marketing & Communications2017-10-21