Philadelphia Elite Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Philadelphia Elite Group Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.7
Philadelphia Elite Group CEO John Doe (no image)
John Doe

"Philadelphia Elite Group, aka Adaptable Business Concepts"

I worked at Philadelphia Elite Group

Pros

Fun enviornment. Young people. Lots of outtings. Business professional attire in the office, really makes you feel important. Fast advancement through training (usually 1-2weeks). Good job if you're learning to sell, and learning to engage people directly.

Cons

After reading the vague job postings for their positions, you feel inspired and interested, but at the end of the day, it is a DOOR TO DOOR sales company.... sure some people can accel in those positions, if the people you are selling to can pass credit checks. Constant motivation to succeed into management, but the turn around rate at these kinds of jobs is so high that hardly anyone makes it into management. Maybe 1 promotion every year or so, after cycling through 50 employees. 2 hours of office meetings every morning, which is meant to hype the salesmen up, then driving out to your destination, and knocking on doors for 8 hours. Commission based income (despite their claim for "base pay" if you hit a targeted number per week.) Some days you can sell 5 people, but none of them will pass credit checks, so instead of making $500 in a single day, you busted your butt all day for a big fat $0, in the heat/rain/snow. The owners are cool, but they got to their positions bc they stuck it out for 2+ years and are good salesmen, and managed to build a team of salesmen under them (kind of like a pyramid) who helped them hit their targeted sales required for promotion. Most time is spent kind of brain washing employees with visions of grandeur and stories of successful people in other branches of the company tree, who essentially make money off of you, btw. 6 days a week of sales, for $300-500. Fit for someone who can dedicate their time if they have a vision, and if they have someone to fall back on, like their parents.

Philadelphia Elite Group2016-06-04

"Philly Elite"

in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Elite Group for less than a year

Pros

They provide great training and have an amazing support system. Also, it is a very friendly environment.

Cons

It can be unpredictable at times

Philadelphia Elite Group2016-05-17

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Elite Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They look for young people.

Cons

DOOR to DOOR SALES JOB!!!!!!!! You will work 70 hours per week. It is required to work on saturdays and you don't get paid for gas either. They make you drive 25-35 miles from the office to sell Verizon services door to door. 100% commission based job & no benefits!!!! They always try to hunt young people.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to college grads.

Philadelphia Elite Group2016-06-15

"Don't Listen to the Fake Reviews"

I worked at Philadelphia Elite Group full-time

Pros

See Cons -- It sums up all of the feelings I had working there these past 6 months.

Cons

Management encourages their employees to post positive reviews on this site to drown out the more objective ones. Notice how most positive reviews shy away from listing any sort of con about the company? The bottom line is that you are lied to from day one. You are promised glory and prestige, but you are being scammed. It's a pyramid scheme in disguise. I'm shocked a company like this is legal. Look into their turnover rates. They are always hiring because employees are always leaving. When I was there, it was like every week was different personnel. If you are super desperate for a job and need some kind of work, then go for it. But if you think you just snagged an excellent opportunity out of college, you are dead wrong.

Advice to Management

These clowns are already lost. Stop lying to potential employees and be up front about the position.

Philadelphia Elite Group2016-05-27

"Career based opportunity"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Executive in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Elite Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I used to work at Philadelphia Elite Group. The company is super inspirational and fun. Every day we're learning about different sales techniques and how to read body language with various customers of the client. The skills i've learned here are transferable in any other job which is something I treasure. In regards to the pay, they offer a base pay plus commission as well as benefits after 90 days. It's an outside sales job because the client wants us to build a personal relationship with their clientele. This job is awesome if you like to talk with people, learn sales skills, and work in a business professional environment.

Cons

Somedays it rains and other days it's sunny--that's life!

Advice to Management

I loved the business trips and traveling so keep that up!

Philadelphia Elite Group2016-02-28

"Great start to a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Elite Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working with the Philadelphia Elite Group for the last 5 months I have gotten a lot out of the sales training they offer as well as the overall professional development they focus on. My background was in general business and after I graduated I wasn't sure how to use my degree. The slow pace at some of my other jobs (banking, etc) was something I thought I was stuck with until I interviewed here. They trained me in everything I needed to know and so far I have earned a promotion to a team lead and have started taking on new responsibilities within the company.

Cons

You have to be ready to work hard! You will get out of it what you put in.

Advice to Management

You guys are a great example for the team to follow. Keep it up!

Philadelphia Elite Group2016-02-07

"Great Team"

I worked at Philadelphia Elite Group

Pros

friendly environment you feel very confortable

Cons

they call their jobs account manager what it is sales rep

Philadelphia Elite Group2016-02-09

"Not what you sign up for"

I worked at Philadelphia Elite Group full-time

Pros

None. This place misleads you into thinking that they are more than they say they are.

Cons

Youre pretty much a door- to - door salesman/ telemarketer for the business world. Job requires you to contact companies and hassle them for business... Not what you sign up for.

Advice to Management

Be honest with possible job interests. Some people leave their stable jobs only to find out they have started working for a company they do not agree with.

Philadelphia Elite Group2016-02-24

"Real World MBA"

Former Employee - Account Representative in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Elite Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working here was the same thing as getting a real world MBA. Not only did I learn how to effectively market and sell, I was lucky enough to work directly with Sr. Management in the day to day operations. Because of my experience here, I was able to move out to the Midwest to open my own location.

Cons

This is hard work. No matter what level you are at it's exactly where you deserve to be.

Advice to Management

Keep giving people the opportunity to advance. Thank you!

Philadelphia Elite Group2015-12-13

"Impressive List of Clients"

I worked at Philadelphia Elite Group full-time

Pros

The best part about working here is that at every single step of the way I have been mentored by those who have more experience than I do and have had the opportunity to coach those who have less experience than me. The values system and culture here is unlike anywhere else I have ever been and it fosters one of the best team environments. Since starting I have not only learned sales, but how to conduct professional interviews, train and develop new hires and most importantly teach them to do what I can already do. My ability to move up in the company is based solely on my own performance. Whether someone is simply looking for experience in business or for a career this company will help.

Cons

Well i learned if you want to be successful, you actually have to work for it...lol. So if you don't mind working hard and having fun, you would be fine.

Advice to Management

Management was excellent. Very good at encouragement and genuinely cares about the success and future of employees.

Philadelphia Elite Group2015-12-03