Philadelphia Macaroni Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Philadelphia Macaroni Company Reviews

Updated Jan 2, 2018

1.6
Philadelphia Macaroni Company CEO Luke Marano (no image)
Luke Marano

"I was a good worker and a machine operator"

Machine Operator in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Philadelphia Macaroni Company

Pros

We pay every week

Cons

Sometime I get yelled at

Advice to Management

They're so good to me lately and they gave me great advice.

Philadelphia Macaroni Company2015-04-02
  2. "soul sucking abyss"

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Macaroni Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

None of my checks bounced and the pay for the maintenance side was fair. Benefits were available but not the best.

Cons

Work in the heat and put in 60-72 weeks or you will go nowhere fast. Antiquated equipment and antiquated mentality from management. Ownership seems to hold employees in general disdain. Hoping the newer plant manager makes this a tolerable workplace for it's employees.

Advice to Management

Treat employee's as humans who have families and lives outside of the job. Also, ease up on the mandatory overtime.

Philadelphia Macaroni Company2018-01-02
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "bad managment"

Former Employee - Press Operator in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Macaroni Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get paid every week not much eles.

Cons

They make it a miserable place cause they think because they pay you they own you slavery is gone.

Advice to Management

Your main problem is the plant manager and his temper I was never treated like that at any job. Want good people get new manager!

Philadelphia Macaroni Company2016-10-26
  5. "If there's nothing else available anywhere in the country... Then you could consider this"

I worked at Philadelphia Macaroni Company

Pros

Annual bonus (based on annual reviews that are rigged - if your manager believes you are doing well, corporate will ask to reduce the overall score so they can give you a lower bonus) Long term employment. If you are liked, it's hard to get fired!

Cons

The executive management team are a bunch of dinosaurs. They've been with the company for 20-30 years and have given this place their life. They will hire young talent but corrupt them with bad habits. They will do their best to make you believe all companies are the same and you can't find anything better. They are uptight about tardiness, as in, if you're one minute late, you can expect this to be mentioned in... your annual review. They negotiate when it comes time to take off. If you need a Wednesday off and plan to use a personal day, you may be asked to work the weekend. They want you to work 60+ hours a week. Nothing is in order. Everyone points fingers to avoid blame. You'll never want to eat pasta again. The place is filthy. The bathrooms overflow every now and then. Equipment is old and there is a chance it may blow up on you. Your bonus is based on your annual review. If you brown nose enough, and work 80 hours a week, then you may get a 5% bonus, based on salary. The salary stinks. It's super low for the market out there; which is why they'll hire younger people and try to groom them into pasta maniacs. No experienced employee will accept the positions there with the pay they offer.

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the coffee. Try valuing your employees and maybe they'll do more for you.

Philadelphia Macaroni Company2016-08-15

"Hot !!!"

Former Employee - Operator in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at Philadelphia Macaroni Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work is decent for the money if you like working in the heat

Cons

Management doesn't care about floor workers, every week company rules change because of one person not agreeing with them, they (management) doing skinny things behind closed doors, not a safe place to work, plant manager is a joke , instead of dealing with a problem he rather take it out on all lower level employees, if you are a operator you do sanitation,leaders do the operating,wouldnt recommend this job to... anyone unless you are desperate ,lost a lot of talent because of management ego's and disrespectfulness

Advice to Management

Listen to the workers that actually do the work and stop listening to snitches trying to get promoted, if you start respecting and taking care of employees,employees would do the same for you , real simple

Philadelphia Macaroni Company2016-06-15
  7. "Place needs alot of help!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Philadelphia Macaroni Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get paid every week. And my leader is understanding about problems, and complaints with upper management. Not really alot of good things going on here.

Cons

They change the work schedule at the last minute from having off on a holiday to working. You'll get stuck in a position and won't be able to move up. Management has there own agenda, and don't really care about the feed back from the floor people.

Advice to Management

Listen to the guys on the floor they are out there every day.

Philadelphia Macaroni Company2016-05-17