Philip Morris International Reviews

Updated May 20, 2020

3.8
Philip Morris International Chief Executive Officer André Calantzopoulos
André Calantzopoulos
Pros
  • "Working environment pleasant for innovative product development in a Pharma settings(in 82 reviews)

• "Good work life balance, good salary, relocation opportunities(in 69 reviews)

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Strategic Planning Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good to learn and exposure

Cons

Long working hour And little politics

Philip Morris International2020-03-27

April 27, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5-star review. We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying your learning opportunities. Our people are our strongest asset, we care about their well-being and work very hard to give them the best possible work environment. However, we are saddened to hear that you that you are not satisfied with the working hours. We take your comment seriously and encourage to talk to your line manager or your HR contact person. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

2. "Best of the best"

4.0
    Former Employee - Brand Management

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working with the best of the best in the manufacturing industry (and other global industries) keeps you aiming for your best as well. Great benefits and pay.

Cons

Little work-life balance. Depending on the management, there can be a lot of office politics. Always be ready to move if you want to progress in your career.

Philip Morris International2020-05-20

"Historic company attempting to change its entire business model"

Former Employee - Director of Strategic Partnerships in New York, NY

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is an historic moment to be a part of this company.

Cons

Change is difficult anywhere and particularly challenging here.

Philip Morris International2020-03-23

April 27, 2020Philip Morris International

Hi there! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We are truly sorry to hear that you are not happy with your overall experience working at PMI in the New York offices. We are indeed in the midst of a historic transformation and we are happy to hear that you are aligned with it. During periods of transformation, it is a very exciting period but it does indeed come together with some uncertainties, we try to create a strong management team that will inspire people and creates a successful change. Our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments seriously and thank you for your honesty.

4. "Be Careful"

2.0

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

CEO/owner and his executive leadership circa 2013 have stepped back, exited North America or left the company. Low integrity leadership at the time made it aweful at Director level+. Everyone else suffered less but struggled with contant top-down ideas of the day and changes in direction, unreasonable timelines, and pressure to acheive improbable targets with little listening from front line leaders who actually understood the business. New leadership and board structure may have changed this but . . . be careful. Ask tough questions if you're an inbound leader.

Cons

If previous leadership exited or tepped back, especially from North America, there may be few. The business is highly focused and dependent on one category and a handful of cutomers. Its struggling to become a modern multi-channel branded company. So some strategic reservations there. Other than that, nice people there who have fun and find ways to live well beyond work. I mark them low on values because they talk a great talk but they don't walk it. Especially on environmental issues.

Philip Morris International2020-02-07

March 2, 2020Philip Morris International

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are truly sorry to hear you are not happy with your overall experience working at PMI and with the leadership in the North American market. As you know, we are currently going through a massive transformation. It's a very exciting period but it does indeed come together with some uncertainties. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

"The worst interpretation of Digital Transformation ever"

1.0
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Salaries and benefits are higher than the average in the industry

Cons

No clear path of digital transformation Lack of managerial courage Hostile company culture International assignments No longer available

Philip Morris International2020-02-14

"Company Review"

2.0
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Great benefits and flexibility to work from home

Cons

The HR department and leadership is completely outdated

Philip Morris International2019-11-27

December 23, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's good to hear that you're satisfied with the benefits offered by the company. However, we are sorry to hear you feel that the leadership and HR department are outdated. At Philip Morris, our aim is to ensure that every voice is heard, so we take your comments very seriously and thank you for your honesty. We invite you to speak to your line manager whenever you need to discuss any issues and wish you continued success at Philip Morris.

7. "CTO"

Former Employee - Chief Technology Officer in New York, NY

I worked at Philip Morris International full-time

Pros

Awesome place to work forever and ever

Cons

Nothing awesome place to work for ever

Philip Morris International2019-09-11

October 1, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi, it's great to see that you enjoyed your time at PMI and we appreciate such a positive review. We wish you the very best for the future and to stay in touch with our news why not follow us on social media @InsidePMI Thanks again for sharing your views.

8. "Planning"

Current Employee - Production Planner in Egypt, ID

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Because it's a big company and I want to get a new challenges

Cons

New carrier New people New system work

Philip Morris International2019-06-09

September 25, 2019Philip Morris International

Hi thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we're proud to have been the company you were dedicated to for more than 8 years! At PMI we aim to foster a work culture that inspires and challenges the status quo. As such we're happy to hear that you were adequately challenged and able to succeed during your time with us. Why not stay up to date with our news and follow us @InsidePMI

"Good place to work, lots of politics and slow movement"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technology Manager

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people, interesting problems to solve

Cons

Complicated company politics, opacity around careers

Philip Morris International2019-01-25

February 8, 2019Centralized Community Management

Hi and thank you so much for your positive score. We are happy to read that you have been enjoying your work environment for over 5 years now. Also, we are glad to see you are enjoying the challenges our company faces daily and the innovative solutions we are looking into. Thank you again for your thought!

"engineer"

5.0

I have been working at Philip Morris International full-time for less than a year

Pros

good pay, innovative and global organization

Cons

none - i enjoy my time whole heartedly

Philip Morris International2018-12-13