Philippine Social Security System Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "best place to work"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Philippine Social Security System as an intern

Pros

employees are very fun to be with including the manager.

Cons

senior employees are always on break

2. "Teacher"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Muntinlupa (Philippines)
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Muntinlupa (Philippines)

I worked at Philippine Social Security System as a contractor

Pros

it is a quite good

Cons

They have a public working relation

Advice to Management

need more improvements

3. "Equity Trader"

I have been working at Philippine Social Security System full-time

Pros

Government agency with security of tenure, competitive salary, benefits and harmoneous work place

Cons

High competition, politically sensitive, benefits are dynamic

Advice to Management

Enhance salary grade

5. "Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Calamba, Laguna (Philippines)
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Calamba, Laguna (Philippines)

I have been working at Philippine Social Security System as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment was good as well as the regular employees. The employees treat each other as famillies. Despite the busy schedule, they somtimes opt to have a good time after work

Cons

The rage of people asking for assistance was countless. Its a bit tiring.

6. "Programmer"

I have been working at Philippine Social Security System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good work life balance. There are year round sports activities, livelihood seminar, Gender Development seminar, quarterly unwinding activities
    - Low Basic Pay but compensated in other benefits like Medical, Rice allowance, 14th month pay, etc

Cons

- Management has poor project management skills especially in IT
    - Poor training to personnel, if you will be complacent and stop studying you will one day learn that you have stagnated and no longer competitive in the industry

7. "aaa"

Current Employee - Cashier in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Markham, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Philippine Social Security System part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the schedule is very flexible

Cons

The salary is very limited

Advice to Management

aaa

8. "Data Encoder"

Former Employee - Data Encoder in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Data Encoder in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Philippine Social Security System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked hard in my almost 33 years of service in SSS, servicing the members with quality and assurance of processing their claims and answering their queries regarding their membership, and I have a harmonious relationship with my co-workers.

Cons

I have no ideas of any downsides while working at Philippine Social Security System, even my very 1st day at SSS, i was treated well by my supervisor and and co-worker, as a new employee, they supported me all the way.

Advice to Management

My advice to the Management is not really an advice but I hope that the SSS Management will deal with the SSS Association which compose of SSS employees membership in short of a time, and I hope also that the Management shorten the time of waiting to the request of the employees whatever it is.

9. "Great ! I love to work with SSS but lately no more when Pinoy appointed President not knowledgeable on the system."

Current Employee - Head ClusterLlegal Unit
    Current Employee - Head ClusterLlegal Unit

I have been working at Philippine Social Security System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The processing of claims are very efficient during the past admin until the new President eradicated the decentralization which caused so much delay on processing claims.

Cons

This question seems generic. During the past three (3) administrations all appointed Presidents of SSS took time on carefully studying the decentralization process which became very effective, but sad to say Pres. DQ has the quickest analysis eradicating what the former admins did. As a result, SSS receives numerous complaints why it took so long to process claims, etc. etc. SSS appears so funny now like GSIS. Members are becoming annoyed as well as many employees.

Advice to Management

I advise the President to please analyze and think a hundred times before eradicating the decentralization system. SSS previous admins spent a lot to impose the decentralization system to benefit rural and urban members but now SSS is spending a lot on demolition of machines etc. under the present administration. Is he receiving wrong info from the officials around him? Pres. DQ's term is finished already and he would surely leave behind with those unfinished projects which he demolished at the wink of an eye. He failed to consider that SSS members are composed of literate and illiterate (majority) people that is why HI-TECH approach would never be that effective compared with that of banks' clients. He should know his members-profile.

10. "SSS Summer GIP"

Former Intern - GIP
    Former Intern - GIP

I worked at Philippine Social Security System as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment, nice working people, stable job experience, new learning experiences

Cons

None so far. It was really great working here.

11. "You will meet the different kind of people when you worked at SSS. Being a public servant is a noble profession."

Current Employee - Branch Head in San Jose, Mindoro Occidental (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Branch Head in San Jose, Mindoro Occidental (Philippines)

Pros

Security of Tenure and compensation benefits as well

Cons

Too much red tape sometimes.

Advice to Management

Give to the employees what is due to them and be fair to all..