Philips Lighting Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Eric Rondolat

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • unhealthy work/life balance and budget constraint (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management in Netherlands could sometimes be disconnected (in 7 reviews)

1. "Senior Quotations Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Quotations Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Quotations Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Philips Lighting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment to work in. Training is great. Days go by quickly as you are constantly challenged. Overall an awesome place to work.

Cons

I really do not have any cons about Philips Lighting. My position is being eliminated. Overall a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I have really enjoyed working there for 7 years. I was hopeful to remain a Philips employee. Great Company!

Jun 8, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Great review...thanks so much for sharing your experience working at Philips Lighting! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your dedication.

2. "High pressure , bad experience"

Former Employee - Supply Chain Account Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Account Manager in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Philips Lighting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary, nice peers, good cadence

Cons

too much pressure very little room for error

Advice to Management

ease up the pace and tolerance

3. "Procurement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at Philips Lighting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, the majority of the employees are respectful.....

Cons

Some people let titles (grades/levels) go to their heads, they talk down to other employees- treat them like they are inferior to them- HR and or their managers did nothing to stop it, kind it made me feel like it was my fault- so I took the 1st job I was offered (not a smart decision but that's how desperate I was) and left.

Advice to Management

Too many clicks, if you weren't in with the right one.... you were not going to move up. Management really needs to keep an eye on middle management, see how the treat their employees. You'll see that's why your loosing employees to other organizations.

4. "Company in change"

Pros

Great place to learn but too much change for long term job stability. Good people to work with but direction changes a lot.

Cons

This company is going through tremendous change. They ask you to put in many many hours

Jun 8, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We want to assure you these comments are taken seriously . We want all employees to experience a healthy work life balance, an important part of... More

"Positive experience."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Philips Lighting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Highly innovative products, collaborative culture, flexible in work hours and working from home

Cons

Some functions & teams lack processes and capabilities/competencies due to cost cutting and re-organization.

Jun 8, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your experience working at Philips Lighting. We take all comments into consideration and value your feedback.

"Great Workplace with Passion for Innovation"

Current Employee - Marketing in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Marketing in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Philips Lighting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Progressive company that is transforming the lighting industry. European culture with flexible work environment, solid benefits and competitive salary. To succeed, have to be ambitious and able to take ownership immediately with role.

Cons

No complaints, a lot of changes trying to make the company better, always looking for ways to improve the business.

May 4, 2016 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your dedication to Philips Lighting.

"Not what is should be or could be"

I have been working at Philips Lighting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some good people, and pockets of passionate employees. There is flexibility with work schedule. There is so much to be fixed, that there is opportunity to be successful IF barriers can be overcome. Product innovation is outstanding.

Cons

No sense of urgency within the company, and the bureaucracy can be painful. Internal communication is slow. Decision making process is very difficult as people will make statements and try to defer to someone else to make a choice which lengthens the decision making process. Fear of making a bad choice, and quick to find someone else to blame when things do go exactly as planned is prevalent. Too many things to do, and everything is a priority, and not enough resources to do what is really needed. Box checking for the sake of checking a box is the norm, not doing what should be done. Lack of passion in the overall organization, and the overall culture is weighed down because how things are done. Many of the same market facing challenges are continually repeated which compounds the pressure. Lots of employee turnover and talented people who could make a difference have left.

Advice to Management

Our published values (accelerate) and the actual way we work and operate (bureaucracy) don't align in day to day behaviours . Too many internal silos and fear of failing is weighing us down. Reward and encourage "passion" and "caring", and extend this attitude to our customers. Truly be EAGER TO WIN. Invest in and reward our People, People, & People! How we work together and with our customers should be exceptional.

May 5, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for your candor and for sharing your thoughts on working at Philips Lighting. We take all feedback posted into consideration. We also encourage employees to have regular check-ins with... More

8. "Great place to work"

I worked at Philips Lighting full-time

Pros

has a solid foundation. They've been able to keep a realistic perspective of the overall economy and ever changing needs for their consumers. They manage Risk and Controls with the highest standards, as this ensures their customers will be securely managed. There's a reason they are still number one in the Banking Industry.

Cons

Long term employees may need to move into other roles more frequently or outside of the firm, in order to manage up their own personal salary goals and/or careers; which can be disappointing, especially if they like their current work environment. I'm sure this is the case for all large corporations.

Advice to Management

Continue to perform skip level conversations with staff who report up to you, to get a feel for the environment and to let them know you are listening.

May 5, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Great review...thanks so much for taking the time to post about your experience working at Philips Lighting. We appreciate the feedback.

9. "Mechanical Engineer"

I worked at Philips Lighting full-time

Pros

The work and the people there.

Cons

None! None! None! None! None!

May 5, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Great to hear you enjoying working at Philips Lighting!

10. "FP&A Analyst"

Former Employee - FP&A Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - FP&A Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Philips Lighting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, many learning and development apportunities. Company strived to recognize good employees on their performance. Good performance review process​.

Cons

Sink or swim mentality, can be long hours for finance. Working with outsourced finance team can be very difficult due if not on SAP.

May 5, 2017 – Manager, Employer Brand & Recruitment Marketing

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback.