Philips Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Director in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance
    Exciting innovations, done to improve lives

Cons

At times, too many decision making layers

Advice to Management

Simplify and accelerate

Nov 30, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, it's wonderful to read that you're having such a positive experience in working with us and that you enjoy working in an innovative environment. Thanks for taking the time to share your... More

2. "Terrible company to work for"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Erie, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Erie, PA

I worked at Philips (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money and benefits were good

Cons

Awful management , unfair career advancement

"Awful Wellcentive Acquisition"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Philips full-time

Pros

401k, HSA, 3 personal-use holidays

Cons

Culture, Staffing levels, long-term prospects

Advice to Management

The work culture is toxic, and leadership does not seem to have the vision to turn around the failed PHM acquisition.

Jan 18, 2018 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, thanks for sharing your review. As we’re here to listen and learn from the experiences of our colleagues, we’ll make sure to have a close look at your feedback.

"Ultrasound Field Service"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Philips full-time

Pros

Good vacation and benifits for old employees

Cons

Slave drivers drove me to quit after 33 yrs. Very corrupt. Manager has best friend under him. He also is married to a co worker. It doubles reward chances.

Advice to Management

Quit worried about being # 1 in Ultrasound. Philips has not has Ultrasound 25 years. Butter cups

Dec 28, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hi, we really value your feedback, even more since it’s coming from such a well-experienced professional like you! We think it’s important to maintain our professionalism in the upper-management, so... More

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Commercial Operations Specialist in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Commercial Operations Specialist in Andover, MA

I worked at Philips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Informal dress code. You can ignore loud ignorant coworkers while wearing headphones. I do not have twenty words for company pros.

Cons

Zero organization. Zero management. Zero HR Support. Harassment allowed. Did I mention Philips is moving 800 positions to nashville TN in the next two years?

Advice to Management

Hire managers who manage their department, and employees with professionalism.

Dec 28, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We regret that working with us made you feel this way. Harassment is definitely not something we allow, so if you had any experiences... More

"Arrogance and hypocrits"

Current Employee - Software Deveoe in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software Deveoe in Boston, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck interesting products to work on if you have the right title

Cons

Management does not understand what it takes to develop software systems for use with HW. They do a great job with the HW but lack the management expertise to create great software.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees change the status quo instead of being an marketing driven company go back to being an engineering driven company. It is only then that you will succeed.

Dec 14, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to share the valuable feedback, even more so coming from an experienced colleague like yourself! Of course, we’re always searching for ways to improve as an... More

"LAID OFF!"

Current Employee - Engineer in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers were like my family.

Cons

Gave my life to this company and they betrayed me. Cant take a cut in profits so they ship jobs overseas to Israel and China. Never been this hurt in my life.

Advice to Management

What happend to caring about your employees?!!

Dec 19, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

These decisions are taken very seriously and are never easy. We are grateful to all former employees for their hard work and contributions. Philips wishes you the best of luck in your career.

"Go for it if you are Indian or German - (I know it smells racism but it is what it is)"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Philips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1)Most people are friendly, eager to help you, very cool environment to work
    2)7% 401 match out of your annual salary
    3)Good healthcare coverage
    4)Free on site Gym
    5)If you like to work in a place until you die or get retired this is a good company
    6)Good company for old people because turn over rate is very low
    7)If you like work in Global company to brag about
    8)Very good work/life balance if you are Indian, German or same race of you hiring manager

Cons

1) There are dinosaurs who work there at least 10+ years in same position who's against to any change. This might be great advantage if you like to keep a job for hundred years and do not improve yourself

2) I had wait 3 weeks to get my laptop ( was just reading some hard copy documents)
    3) I had to wait 6 months (I'm not kidding) to get a monitor because I'm told that my laptop already comes with monitor and company decided not to buy anyone a monitor because of their new policy :-)
    4)I had to take someone's docking station for my laptop when I was visiting their office in Europe - Company stop buying docking stations under any circumstances. So your best bet is wait someone to quit his/her job or lay off so you can get docking station and a monitor
    5) Philips is a European company which doesn't have any clue about the salaries here
    6) They constantly replacing people from India with American Citizens or Green Card holders as I've witnessed ( I've reported what I've saw to my attorney and Labor Department of Fair Hearings)
    7)European company means racism but it depends on where you are from. If you are Indian ( Last 10 people who got hired or came for interview were full of Indian, could this really be a coincidence ) .
    8)If your manager hiring manager is Indian and you are Indian - You will get the job or If your hiring manager is German and you are German - You will get the job.
    9)Company laid off HR which means they are constantly cutting any kind of costs to sell the company.
    10)Don't expect any salary raise
    11)Every projects are done by many teams/departments world wide because company has no vision to combine all those talented people under one umbrella

Advice to Management

Take a look at the Philips Stock Price and find new ways to sell a service not a light bulb which costs $1000 a piece

Dec 7, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We regret hearing of your experience. With regards to your allegation about racism, please know that any kind of discrimination or prejudice is... More

"Key to Profits are Commission Cuts Annually"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mostly good people. Good technology.

Cons

You're a sales rep count on having multiple bosses in territory changes on an annual basis. Every single year the Compensation Plan gets lower and lower and lower. OTE decrease annually, and all the people around you that are trying to support your territory really don't care because they're on salary and could care less. If it's not in their job responsibilities they're not doing it. Unfortunately it wasn't like that 5 years ago which is why we actually kept very good sales people.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring management from our primary competitor whose rears we've been handing to them for years. Why do we want to hire the people that we've been beating consistently? Great strategy, if it's not broken let's break it. Also, maybe pay healthcare sales people at higher levels that pharmaceutical reps can make. Especially since many of our territories are larger than those companies themselves. Don't cap commissions. Don't reward a person for selling $10,000 of a product that was never (and will never be) sold by giving them bigger commission than $2,000,000 of standard business.

Nov 23, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello,

Thanks for writing us and sharing your honest feedback. This means a lot coming from an experienced colleague as yourself! We understand and appreciate your concern, it seems you are very... More

"Manufacturing side"

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Wallingford, CT
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Wallingford, CT

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First of, most of the employees there are "temp" employees. As far as benefits that Philips offers I wouldn't know. The only thing that I like are the hours, They are from 7-3:30pm. no weekends. The Cafe area is pretty decent.

Cons

Everything besides what I said above. Being there only a short period of time I've come to the conclusion there is no moving up in this company. Half of their employees are temps and a lot of them have been that way for 5+ years. A multi-million dollar company and they cant hire? Very cheap to me. Also there is a very big latin population in the manufacturing side and I feel we are looked down upon. We are not talked to like human beings more like annoying children specifically in the gluing/testing area, there has been complaints about her but none acted upon. She has made woman cry thats how rude she is . The manager does not seem to care about her employees or their moral, nor does this entire company. Every time I go to lunch all I hear is how much people hate it there. I can now see why. Such a shame...

Advice to Management

Take time to get to know your employees, we are not robots.
    Work on moral.
    Stop being cheap, hire temps that have been working there for 5+ years.

Nov 9, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, thanks for your very well-elaborated review. We’re sorry to hear that you’re not entirely satisfied with the current management in your team. Of course, we’re always looking for ways to... More

Showing 838 of 3,307 reviews