Philips Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Respironics warehouse"

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Philips (More than a year)

Pros

Philips, starts you as temp... then work your way up to permanent in 6 Months or less. Great benefits starts right away.

Cons

Better raises for your workers.

Advice to Management

Management ..need to rotate worker on different line more.

Sep 27, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello there, we're happy to hear that you had a good time at the Respironics warehouse. We appreciate your feedback; the manager of the relevant department will definitely take notice of it. We wish... More

2. "Company Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative, brilliant, team oriented people who care about each other and our purpose.

Cons

No concerns here. Going through Merger currently - positive outlook on the future.

Sep 21, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

It’s nice that you’ve taken a moment out of your day to voice your opinion on being part of our operation for over 3 years already. We appreciate it and I'd like to wish you the best with the... More

"Losing A Good Thing"

Current Employee - Commercial Operations in North Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Commercial Operations in North Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've loved working for Philips. They really convey the feeling that you're working WITH someone and not FOR someone. But with the news bestowed on us a couple of weeks ago, my employment at Philips will be ending in less than 2 years.

Cons

We've just received word that the company hub is moving to Nashville, TN. We have the option of leaving and taking severance in the beginning of 2019 or reapplying for our current jobs in Tennessee....at a pay scale commensurate with that region of the country.

Sep 14, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your review. We’re glad to hear that you enjoy working with us. We can understand that you’re disappointed about the necessary changes, but sometimes these... More

"Sadly chaotic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Philips full-time

Pros

The company is a big international corporation that has interesting products that could have a real positive impact. You will get to work with teams from all over the world which is interesting as you get exposure to other business units and get to meet colleagues who focus on research or work on different products.

Cons

Some business units are extremely chaotic so people end up looking into the same problem without knowing it. They are mired in process which keeps them from being creative and they rely on old ways to do things which stunts the ability to think forward. The director level managers don't care about their teams at all and only manage up. They do not communicate well with each other or their teams which creates chaos. It's actually sad that a company that has the capability to create really good solutions in healthcare, ends up producing flawed ones because they have mistakenly trusted middle and upper managers who only focus on their jobs instead of doing the right thing for the product and their teams.

Advice to Management

Business leaders should take long serious look at middle management who are a big obstacle. Talk to and listen to the people who do the day-to-day work as they know what needs to be done but aren't allowed to because leaders don't listen. Please stop the dysfunctional dynamic that the middle level people have created as it is harmful to everyone and ultimately the products.

Oct 4, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience. Please note that our teams are also actively reading these pages, so feedback will be taken into account. It’s nice to hear that our... More

5. "Disrespectful"

Former Employee - Tape Operator in Mount Pleasant, PA
    Former Employee - Tape Operator in Mount Pleasant, PA

I worked at Philips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, great pay, Easy to do

Cons

Ithey let me go because I was dehydrated and had heat exhaustion

Advice to Management

Rethink some of your leads

Oct 4, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Thanks for writing us. The situation you've described in the 'cons' section is something we do take very seriously and I hope you've contacted your HR contact about this, subsequently to the event. I... More

6. "Regional Service Manager"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Philips full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full benefit, Good training, Good support

Cons

You need to travel all the time

Sep 14, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback! Sometimes traveling can indeed be a part of the job. If you experience it as unpleasant, feel free to share it with your manager. Thanks again for your... More

"Great growth potential, if you're able to get there..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huge company with plenty of career paths to take. Tons of training and opportunity to grow. Work from home part of the time. Tuition assistance, great healthcare benefits, plenty of vacation time to start off with. Overall a decent place to work with great growth potential.

Cons

They seem to be constantly changing, which is a good and bad thing. There seems to be more and more layoffs lately, and it's getting harder to secure career paths without shortly finding out those positions are ending or moving without relocation benefits. Also seems to have a lot of nepotism among the management level which makes it hard to advance without being buddy-buddy with people.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees more like they contribute to your company's success and less like cogs in a machine. The knowledge base that they hold is invaluable, and doing right by them will ensure they will do right by you.

Sep 21, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Thanks for elaborating on your experience and involvement with and in our company. It does sound like there is a lot that you do enjoy about our working conditions and about the job in general... More

8. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Philips takes great care of their employees!

Cons

Decentralization prevents teamwork from being maximized.

Sep 7, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

We can't wish for anything else. Thanks for working for us!

"Terrible At Software"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Foster City, CA

I worked at Philips full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable benefits, interesting product domains.

Cons

The leadership of Philips believes that making software is similar to manufacturing devices. Whenever something goes wrong in the software group (or even if it doesn't) the predictable answers are to 1) fire someone 2) hire someone or 3) add a new "process"

Although I happen to have met many software quality engineers at Philips, I think management was poor at rewarding them, listening to them, and hiring them.

The worst and most troubling condition is that the leadership is not good at its essential task, which is product vision. They haven't envisioned an industry-leading product in any of the segments they're targeting. Every product is "me, too" and Philips as company is coasting on the basis of its market position as one of the few manufacturers of large hospital modalities, which long ago locked in many hospitals to its radiology information system. When the "me-too" strategy fails to enflame Philip's customers' imaginations, development is blamed. In fact, whatever the issue, development is blamed. Development is low man on the totem pole at Philips.

I wasn't going to write this review, but they did something petty and annoying after I quit. Since I quit within the first year of hire, I had to pay back my signing bonus. Which I had no problem doing. I left my mailing address and contact information with them, and was promised to receive a letter with payment instructions. But instead of sending me a normal invoice, they put me directly into collection! This impacted my FICO score. It's such a petty malice (or gross incompetence) that I've changed my mind and I'm telling the truth.

Don't work for this company if you can find better!

Advice to Management

Focus on product vision, sales and marketing, and hiring top talent. Do not focus on how engineers do their jobs. Instead, focus on the recruitment pipeline and on rewarding impact. Oh, and you're going to have to pay more. A lot more.

10. "Technical Writer"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Highland Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I worked at Philips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team work and good environment

Cons

Conflicting schedules sometimes leads to confusion

Sep 7, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, thanks for leaving a review. We're happy to hear that you've had an enjoyable time working at Philips. Creating a comfortable and motivating work environment is very important to us and words... More

Showing 2,761 of 3,105 reviews