Philips Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2017

US - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Challenging place that make you a better worker"

Current Employee - Senior Collections Specialist in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Collections Specialist in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you get out what you put in

Cons

sometimes you need to give more

Nov 2, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, it's great to hear that you found a position that suits you and we're happy to learn it's with us. Thanks for your review!

2. "Technical and challenging role"

Current Employee - Commercial Operations Specialist in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Commercial Operations Specialist in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging role that creates opportunity for growth and learning.

Cons

Very large company. Middle Management is sometimes unchecked and inexperienced or weak managers hinder small parts of the organization.

Advice to Management

Create more accountability across all levels of the organization.

Nov 2, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review your position as a Commercial Operations Specialist. It's always good to hear from current employees. Thank you!

"Good people to work with"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I work with some really great people on some very interesting projects. Being a large corporation also allows employees to work almost anywhere in the world. I have not done this but some colleagues have and they really enjoyed it. The pay is good, benefits are about industry standard maybe a little above and the 401k is pretty generous.

Cons

Management needs to listen to employees more about what changes would actually benefit them. This is not true of all of the management but most just don't listen.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your employees better but more than that, actually take their feedback to make changes that will make a difference to them, not just looking good on a spreadsheet.

Oct 26, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, having been with us for more than a decade gives you a great perspective and we really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to write your review and, more importantly... More

4. "Contoller position"

Current Employee - Controller in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Controller in Monterey, CA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and Work Schedules

Cons

None thus far.

Oct 26, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

It's great to receive such positive feedback from a current and long-time employee! Thank you for your review and all the work you're doing for us.

"Big company with unstable venture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Philips (More than a year)

Pros

Big company
    Good perks
    Work life balance

Cons

Newly started venture in Boston is unstable.
    They hire people without knowing where they will be consumed.
    They lay off people without notice.

Advice to Management

Dont hire people of their stable jobs if you dont have visibility in future.

Nov 2, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, it's good to hear you found some really positive aspects to your job, but it's unfortunate to hear it is not an overall positive experience. We really appreciate your feedback, thank you.... More

"Go for it if you are Indian or German - (I know it smells racism but it is what it is)"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Philips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1)Most people are friendly, eager to help you, very cool environment to work
    2)7% 401 match out of your annual salary
    3)Good healthcare coverage
    4)Free on site Gym
    5)If you like to work in a place until you die or get retired this is a good company
    6)Good company for old people because turn over rate is very low
    7)If you like work in Global company to brag about
    8)Very good work/life balance if you are Indian, German or same race of you hiring manager

Cons

1) There are dinosaurs who work there at least 10+ years in same position who's against to any change. This might be great advantage if you like to keep a job for hundred years and do not improve yourself

2) I had wait 3 weeks to get my laptop ( was just reading some hard copy documents)
    3) I had to wait 6 months (I'm not kidding) to get a monitor because I'm told that my laptop already comes with monitor and company decided not to buy anyone a monitor because of their new policy :-)
    4)I had to take someone's docking station for my laptop when I was visiting their office in Europe - Company stop buying docking stations under any circumstances. So your best bet is wait someone to quit his/her job or lay off so you can get docking station and a monitor
    5) Philips is a European company which doesn't have any clue about the salaries here
    6) They constantly replacing people from India with American Citizens or Green Card holders as I've witnessed ( I've reported what I've saw to my attorney and Labor Department of Fair Hearings)
    7)European company means racism but it depends on where you are from. If you are Indian ( Last 10 people who got hired or came for interview were full of Indian, could this really be a coincidence ) .
    8)If your manager hiring manager is Indian and you are Indian - You will get the job or If your hiring manager is German and you are German - You will get the job.
    9)Company laid off HR which means they are constantly cutting any kind of costs to sell the company.
    10)Don't expect any salary raise
    11)Every projects are done by many teams/departments world wide because company has no vision to combine all those talented people under one umbrella

Advice to Management

Take a look at the Philips Stock Price and find new ways to sell a service not a light bulb which costs $1000 a piece

Dec 7, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We regret hearing of your experience. With regards to your allegation about racism, please know that any kind of discrimination or prejudice is... More

"Key to Profits are Commission Cuts Annually"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mostly good people. Good technology.

Cons

You're a sales rep count on having multiple bosses in territory changes on an annual basis. Every single year the Compensation Plan gets lower and lower and lower. OTE decrease annually, and all the people around you that are trying to support your territory really don't care because they're on salary and could care less. If it's not in their job responsibilities they're not doing it. Unfortunately it wasn't like that 5 years ago which is why we actually kept very good sales people.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring management from our primary competitor whose rears we've been handing to them for years. Why do we want to hire the people that we've been beating consistently? Great strategy, if it's not broken let's break it. Also, maybe pay healthcare sales people at higher levels that pharmaceutical reps can make. Especially since many of our territories are larger than those companies themselves. Don't cap commissions. Don't reward a person for selling $10,000 of a product that was never (and will never be) sold by giving them bigger commission than $2,000,000 of standard business.

Nov 23, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hello,

Thanks for writing us and sharing your honest feedback. This means a lot coming from an experienced colleague as yourself! We understand and appreciate your concern, it seems you are very... More

8. "Supervisor Collections"

Current Employee - Collections Supervisor in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Collections Supervisor in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great organization to work for..diverse and educated employees. Management does backup employees. Strong culture and core values.

Cons

Need more of growth opportunities to further people's career.

Advice to Management

Need to provide recognition of extra efforts put in.

Oct 19, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! It’s great to hear that you enjoy working with us.

9. "The BEST company in Healthcare"

Current Employee - Manager in Andover, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Andover, MA

I have been working at Philips full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Philips is consistently on the cutting edge of Patient Monitoring development. Philips is the undisputed leader in the space and by default they get a seat at the table in any opportunity. I have seen may 'start ups' come and go and the idea that you have to be a 'small' company to innovate is simply not true. Philips has a culture that believes in and heavily invests in being the leader. That is why other players copy them.

Cons

Like all major companies there are plenty of things that can irritate an employee. With that said, many of the people I work with here have been employees for a decade or longer, even in high turnover jobs. This alone speaks volumes.

Advice to Management

Focus less on the quarterly report metrics and more on the long term viability of the business, especially toward the end of the year.

Oct 19, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, we’re very glad about hearing from a current employee with this much experience! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences, it’s very valuable to us. We’ll take your feedback into... More

10. "A great learning experience in a large international company."

Former Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Andover, MA

I worked at Philips full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great career advancement opportunities. Easy to reach campus. Good pay and decent benefits. Great team.

Cons

Large workload can be daunting. Sometimes it can be hard to show yourself within a large organization.

Oct 12, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Hi, we're happy to hear you had great career opportunities and colleagues. We want to thank you for all the work you've done for us and wish you all the best in your future career.

Showing 2,877 of 3,242 reviews