Philips Employee Reviews about "big company"
64% would recommend to a friend
(1303 total reviews)
69% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good work life balance Get a chance to work on a problem statement which has a very good real world impact" (in 818 reviews)
- "Good Benefits and Some Good Hard Working People" (in 638 reviews)
- "Older management were all awesome but once Philips integrated their managers and beliefs into volcano people it wasn’t great." (in 556 reviews)
- "Culture is good and flexible" (in 286 reviews)
- "Salary is good and all components are divided to monthly and thus making it bigger per month" (in 251 reviews)
- "Poor management to work with" (in 383 reviews)
- "Too many management layers and managers" (in 171 reviews)
- "Senior leadership enculcates in its reporting lines a feeling of false prejudice that they are extra humans/ demi" (in 106 reviews)
- "Poor upper management more concerned with meaningless metrics." (in 94 reviews)
- "We were warned before about Philips having many layoffs and it seems to be the go to." (in 87 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Philips and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,303 of over 12K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "big company"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Apr 30, 2015Marketing Trial CoordinatorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearPittsburgh, PA
People in other departments were great to work with and truly seemed to care about the company. Decent benefits. Good vacation time, solid health coverage.
The group that i worked with was very poorly managed. Awful communication and almost no sense of team or cooperation between this segment and many other segments, which lead to a very hostile work involvement. Very limited opportunity to move within the company. Massive company. Seem to lack focus.
- 3.0Aug 16, 2021Filed Service EngineerCurrent EmployeeCincinnati, OH
the work isnt bad and you get a company car and anything you need to do the job
the company is heavily focused on money and profit which will effect you as wellPhilips Response3y
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on working for Philips. While we are happy these are positive overall, we also appreciate your honest feedback. . We'd recommend speaking with someone from HR at your workplace, as they may be able to help you out more directly with the issue that you raise. Your feedback is important to us and helps us to continuously improve.
- 4.0Jun 7, 2016Anonymous InternFormer InternBengaluru
- good work-life balance - I was able to work on my final year project while doing my internship - helpful co-workers - my project guide was very supportive
Internship required to learn a lot about the company specific project and wasn't able to get a good enough exposure
- 5.0Oct 14, 2020Design Quality EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsPittsburgh, PA
Competitive salary but not the best from my understanding of other companies that operate in a similar space. The benefits are very good with the exception of healthcare, which just seems to be average. One really nice thing about Philips though is their leniency on working remote and transitioning to that being more the norm.
- Culture is becoming more corporate - Less focus on innovation - Very focused on money, which is bad when looking for a promotion. The promotion criteria seems less about performance and more about whether or not it fits into the budget.Philips Response4y
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review your employer. We appreciate it that you've shared both the aspects you're happy with and the things you'd like to see changed within your department at Philips. It's good to hear that you're overall very keen on your position and the benefits and flexibility that are being offered. Of course, there's always room for improvement and we'll make sure to duly note your feedback. Please feel free to share this with your (HR) manager as well, if you haven't yet. Wishing you all the best in your Philips career!
- 2.0Jun 17, 2019Contracts ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAndover, MA
The benefits are great! The 401k match is very good and it's difficult finding other companies who match similarly. The health benefits and better than some. The salary is okay, I'd say it meets industry standards. It's definitely possible to be paid more elsewhere. The site is moving from Andover to Cambridge.
The management is really bad from senior managers to directors. There doesn't ever seem to be a clear goal. They're constantly jumping and shifting from project to project and they don't take the time to do it right the first time. The company lacks transparency big time. Employees are more likely to find out that their jobs are moving to Nashville via a rogue/mistaken e-mail (this has happened) than an actual announcement from management. Another con is much of the business is moving to Nashville, and they're slowly farming the jobs to the Nashville location. Some managers play favorites.9Philips Response5y
Hi there, Thanks for sharing a few words about your experiences working for Philips. This means a lot to us, especially since you've been working for our brand for a couple of years already. Your input is appreciated. We can imagine it's harsh finding out that jobs move to another town via this way. That's definitely not the impression we want our employees to have. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Philips' management is active on Glassdoor as well, so your feedback is duly noted. Wishing you all the best in your professional career.
- 3.0Apr 26, 2023Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsEindhoven
Large company with lots of different career paths available Reasonable pay ranges
Current restructuring of the company is making employees nervous Focus and priorities are uncertain Feels like the company has lost the drive for innovationPhilips Response6mo
Hi there, we appreciate it that you've taken the time to say a few words about the 20+ years you've been working for Philips in Eindhoven. It's good to hear that you're pleased with the compensation provided. Of course, we regret to hear how you've recently been feeling regarding the company culture. Our management is also reading all Glassdoor reviews and is taking notes. Thank you for sharing your experience. This is valuable to us.
- 4.0Mar 4, 2016InternFormer Intern, less than 1 yearPune
People are very friendly and helpful, you are not treated like an inter, but like their own employee. Work is not stressful and actually very enjoyable. Company has good and flexible working hours with possibility of working from home for some days
No recreation facilities in Pune RnD centre and not many choices in cafeteria. Except for that, everything is great. Really good company to work for
- 3.0Oct 27, 2022Associate Research ScientistCurrent EmployeeCambridge, MA
Day to day work is interesting and balanced Work life balance is pretty okay
No reasonable direction Old fashioned work culture Old company trying and failing to be relevant No clear upward mobility1Philips Response2y
Hi there, thank you for leaving your review on Glassdoor. It's good to hear that you find the day to day work at Philips in Cambridge interesting and that you're able to maintain a healthy balance between work and your personal life. We appreciate it that you've shared both the aspects you're happy with and the things you think could be changed/improved. Your feedback will be noted. Thank you for supporting us in our mission to improve people's lives!
- 5.0Jul 24, 2021Marketing InternCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearAmsterdam
Everyone is super friendly and efficient. A lot of learning opportunities and different roles to explore. Opportunities to extend internship after initial contract.
It’s a very big company so the structure is confusing and involves a lot of bureaucracy in some day-to-day tasks. Since there’s such a huge team, you don’t have that much contact with managers other than your direct supervisor.Philips Response3y
Thanks for your comment here. We're happy to hear you've had a positive learning experience working in a collaborative environment while also exploring different roles, though it's unfortunate there were some drawbacks to this position as well. Feel free to bring these concerns to your HR representative or manager to discuss some areas of improvement. Philips upper management is also active on this platform, so your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our ways of working. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives. We wish you all the best.
- 3.0Mar 1, 2021Senior Collections SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNashville, TN
Pay/Benefits - they out-pay the local competition and their benefits are excellent for those of us used to American owned companies
Very stressful - unobtainable goals, no proper training, and they seem to move often, leaving people without jobs in their wake.Philips Response3y
Hello, thank you for reviewing your work experience at Philips. We've made a note of your point of improvement as we strive towards providing our people with a strong work life balance. Feedback will be used in the aggregate to continuously improve the lives and work experience of our employees. Wishing you all the best with your next career challenge!