Philly Marketing Group Reviews

Sean Gustavson
  1. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Brand Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philly Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great Culture - Organized - Opportunity for growth

Cons

- Have to work weekends

2. "Not a fit, but enjoyed culture and great skill development"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing Associate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Philly Marketing Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture and support system. The staff really wants you to succeed. It's definitely has been a conversation starter for me in other interviews. I learned a lot about sales it has been a great foundation for me to develop and revamp my sales pitch. The staff was my favorite part.

Cons

Coming into the office every day for just an hour was frustrating as the conversion always seemed to be the same I think having different pieces of training would have been more beneficial. The work was a little tedious for me and my interviewer was not completely upfront at the work I would be doing in outside sales.

3. "Waste of time"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Philly Marketing Group full-time

Pros

There are none to list.

Cons

High turnover rate, vague interview process, not transparent with job duties, cult like environment, and false sense of hope with job advancement.

4. COVID-19

"Quality Culture & Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at Philly Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only been with Philly Marketing Group for a month and I can already see why this company is a successful business as well as a nationally respected training hub. The atmosphere at PMG is one of grit, motivation, collaboration and altruism. The drive amongst our team inspires me to work smarter and harder each day. Any time an employee is in need of guidance there will be someone there to assist or guide them right away. We share our experiences in order to empower and develop one another, strengthening the team as a collective. We are taking advantage of this period in quarantine as an opportunity to grow. We have taken our culture, resources and proven managing development model online, centering our focus on social media marketing. This campaign paves the way for us to implement branding, influencing, building a following and engaging with our clientele on a more personal level. As the country begins to open up we will begin integrating back into the wholesale retail stores. I'm so very excited to begin working in the field and connecting guests to our services. It will be an exciting time for us to continue our efforts both online, and in stores. I couldn't be more thrilled to be a part of this company!

Cons

I think that the only con to this job is working weekends.

Continue reading
  5. "Hands down the best opportunity I've been given to date."

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philly Marketing Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Between retail and our online programs, there's almost infinite opportunity to grow. Being its performance based and we work together like a family/team helping develope people into leaders, so that one day they may pass on the favor.

Cons

Depends on who's asking. You've gotta actually want to work. Want to be a leader. Want to make money. The only con for some may be actually having to progress more and more in life everyday. "Get used to being uncomfortable ."

Continue reading
  6. "Social Media & Retail"

Current Employee - Model/Brand Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philly Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The teamwork environment makes for a great way to improve and implement new skills that are being utilized through our social media campaign via Facebook. Working with the #1 home security system allows us to create new connections, growing our network and strengthening our personal persona. This job allows for a ton of growth, development, and movement within the company that will take you to new heights!

Cons

The training program didn’t have much to it, however, we’ve been able to figure out a more productive way of granting the trainees with the necessary materials needed to continue the success for this business!

"Team lead"

I worked at Philly Marketing Group

Pros

The people in charge arent necessarily bad people, but they are taught bad practices and overall it's definitely a CULT.

Cons

You will be nothing more than a pawn in your entire time here. They promise one day you will be a king. Less than 10% of the people they hire will get that opportunity and less than 10% of them will be successful. They will gaslight the hell out of you. They say they provide benefits after 90 days (most people will not last that long) but that is not true. They'll reply to this saying they do, but ask anyone there if they get benefits and the answer is NO. They make you drive everywhere and don't compensate you. They will wine and dine you and give you a taste of a better life but don't fall for it. You take home a $400 check a week (Before taxes) a majority of the time. Every once in a while someone will make over $1000 in one week and they will put that person on a pedestal for a week and use that to shame everyone else. Only the worst people make it to management. Think of them as the Trump administration. At the end of the day, all they care about is money and cycling through as many people as possible is what makes them their money. It's just your typical multi level marketing scheme and dont let them tell you otherwise.

Continue reading

"Great Job for Growth and Opportunity"

Former Employee - Brand Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philly Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun teamwork and goal oriented environment. Decent commission and pay rate. Opportunity to grow personally and professionally!

Cons

Just have reliable transportation since this is a job that requires active traveling up to about six to eight hours, a day.

Philly Marketing Group Response

February 26, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for your review! We love the fact that you enjoy the company culture and it is really something we love to focus on as well!

9. "Grateful for the opportunity"

4.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Philly Marketing Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive pay with opportunity to make what you want, as well as the team environment really gives you the ability to find great people who motivate you

Cons

Hours can be long but there flexibility on scheduling is easy

"Not a Fit"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Philly Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff was friendly and the office was nice.

Cons

The full expectations of the job were not expressed in my interview or when I accepted the job offer. Employees were expected to drive pretty decent distance without pay for travel (no gas money or pay while traveling). What should have been an eight hour day at the office was instead, a twelve hour day with at least two hours of that being travel time. This wasn't a marketing job, it was direct sales.

Philly Marketing Group Response

February 26, 2020Human Resources

We do appreciate your review, employees do stay clocked in during their travel time, which should overcompensate for the travel used. We are more than welcome to further discuss what the pay looked like and where there was a miscommunication, if you need please contact us at hr@phillymarketinggroup.com

Found 38 reviews