Phoenix ATL Reviews

3.5
Phoenix ATL CEO/Owner CJ Young
CJ Young
Pros
Cons
  • "Depending on the project you can have to work long hours(in 7 reviews)

• "They teach you how to scam costumers(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Sales director"

Former Employee - Sales Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Phoenix ATL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always positive growth and energy

Cons

I hated to leave such an amazing environment with such amazing people

December 11, 2019

We are so glad you had a great experience here with us, and we wish you best of luck anywhere you go. We are sorry you had to leave us as well but greater things await you!

2. "Too Much Stress to Sell Cable"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I worked at Phoenix ATL full-time for less than a year

Pros

You learn some basic marketing skills.

Cons

The feeling of growth and positivity in this environment is false and toxic. You're selling cable inside of Sams Club or whatever retailer has agreed to let them in. People don't use cable as much as they used to so it's very difficult to make a sale, even being there until the store closes (yes you will literally be there until closing.) If you do not make a sale you are required to go to nightly meeting or call and describe why you didn't meet your quota, this can be well after the already late hours. In addition to your failure meetings, you will again meet with your team outside of work hours to speak on nothing that has any importance. It's more like a conversation to make up for their inferior practices by bombing you with a sort of "we're in this together" feeling. You're not. Your team leader can require you come in hours early unpaid, you will be punished for being "late." For a workplace with many black people there sure were a heap of antiblack sentiments. I was called out multiple times by Young and even pulled into meetings to straighten my natural hair , which was never an issue before. If you're just trying to get by, or seriously interested in marketing and sales, Phoenix is not the place to do it. There are NO pros to working here. You should be be stressed over cable.

Continue reading

"UnProfessional, Dishonest, reviews are made up, all around terrible."

I worked at Phoenix ATL full-time

Pros

Team environment, learning to deal with objection

Cons

Literally anything and everything else. Has directly ruined any other consultant position for me. Never ever will I do anything like this again.

December 11, 2019

We are so sorry to hear that this is not the line of work for you. We hope that you find what you are looking for but we are glad that you learned some valuable techniques here with us.

"Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Phoenix ATL full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good opportunity to make money

Cons

Hard work Pay can change here and then

December 11, 2019

We are glad you had an opportunity here with us to make money, we do apologize if we had any miscommunication about our pay, thank you for your advice we will definitely work on that.

"Beware"

2.0

I worked at Phoenix ATL full-time

Pros

Phoenix Atl is a direct marketing company, you will be selling Direct tv inside of Sam's Club. Atmosphere is nothing but mind games. Its stated that its not about sales and your more than just a number , but in reality if you don't make numbers you will be disposed of very quickly. If you are a good sales man you have potential to reach management . Promotion is very rare and stagnant. People reach team lead, get burnt out, overworked and then quits.

Cons

Travel 30-60 min with no compensation for gas High Pressure Environment This job is basically Smoke and Mirrors to ensure production. Please be aware of what you are getting yourself into with this company.

December 11, 2019

Thank you for your honest feedback, we do apologize that you feel we were not 100% transparent. We do try to promote those who work hard and put in the effort to move up. During transportation we have our employees clock in so that they are getting compensated and again we do apologize that you feel we are lying and misleading our employees, those are not our intentions.

"Account Management"

4.0

I worked at Phoenix ATL full-time

Pros

Fun environment great people

Cons

More time to work within the time given

December 11, 2019

We are so glad you had a great experience here with us, we do apologize if you felt as if though there wasn't enough time to work within the time given. We try to be mindful of our hours.

"Dont waste your time."

2.0

I worked at Phoenix ATL

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in.

Cons

I won't say its an entire scam. But the management isn't completely honest about everything. I got hired in feb 2018 and i was very excited and optimistic. They're suppose to have you in a store within the first week of you being hired, but i was there about 4 weeks and never got into a store. Which is very frustrating because without being able to go into a store, you dont get any of your hours nor do you get a chance to make any commission. On top of that the job is located in sandy springs, i live in atlanta, which is a 25 min commute without traffic. only to sit in the office for atmosphere or a conference call, which lasts all of 1 hour then be sent home. i spent more money getting to and from work than i made after 3 weeks. Very discouraging and disappointing. Management consistently made promises to put me in a store and it never happened. Trainers pick who they want to train, so if no one wants to train you in store, you cant go in store. No one wanted to train me even though daily they'd tell me how much potential i have. I got promoted on a friday, came back that monday and they STILL didnt have anyone to train me in store. Personally i feel like they (trainers) were threaten by me and didnt want me to get promoted out before them. People who got hired weeks after me were being sent in store. I had in all my necessary documents. After a month of working for a company that promises a base pay of $500/wk i had only made about $160. Being a single parent that's not nearly enough to live off.

December 11, 2019

We are truly sorry to hear that your experience here with us was not what you expected, we try to get our employees hands-on experience as soon as possible so that they can learn faster and get promoted. We always ask if the commute is feasible for our new employees day to day from the beginning to avoid situations like yours in particular. We do hope you find something that suits you and again we do apologize that you did not get the experience you were looking towards.

"Excellent Team!"

I have been working at Phoenix ATL full-time

Pros

I love working here! The team is the BEST and I learn something new every day. I was new to the area and had no friends out here when I accepted a position with Phoenix ATL. They were all very welcoming and supportive and I feel like we've all been friends for years even though it's only been a couple of months of knowing them. The manager is just the same as he's very hands on and involved with the team. Honestly, it's probably the best team culture you could ever ask for!

Cons

The hours can be long some days but if you're having fun you won't even notice.

April 17, 2018

Hey there and thank you for your feedback! What a positive experience to share :) We are glad that you have had such an enjoyable time here and are seeing the growth you had desired within our company!

""Route to Management""

Current Employee - "Route to Management" Sales Program in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Phoenix ATL full-time for less than a year

Pros

It sounds really good, these guys are great at making it seem like the opportunity is legit, so I give them points for being master con artists.

Cons

Straight up, they sell you that the position is a "fast track to management", which is a blatant lie. Understand the way this company operates is to get as many fresh recruits in the door and keep them selling, while promising them they will make big money down the road. They just string them along for as long as they can bear, and when they quit, they blame the employee. Stay away people, I have wasted my time, and I hope this review keeps you from wasting yours. If you don't believe me, a quick google search of "sell directv sams club scam" will bring up a reddit forum going into former detail of the organization and its sister companies, as well as many other testimonials.

December 11, 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear you feel this way about us.

"Practical and Beneficial"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Sand Springs, GA

I have been working at Phoenix ATL full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is very thorough with the training for every role. Almost all of the positions are cross trained in different divisions giving each person the ability to move into different roles or into higher management. Management is great, supportive, encouraging and flexible with schedules and learning styles. Great open door policy when it comes to being collaborative and creative with new business ideas or venues. Compensation is competitive and rewarding. All in all the owner and management staff go over and above to give their team the most beneficial training and opportunity for growth possible. They encourage and support a good work/home balance. My experience here has been very rewarding, supported, and motivating.

Cons

It would be nice to have more over time opportunity. Typical work week is 40 hours but for those of us who love to work having the option for more hours would be great!

March 15, 2018

Hello and thank you for your feedback! Our training program and compensation package was designed specifically to create these types of opportunities for our team members. We continue to find new ways to support professional growth for our team and love that you have found such growth through us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 English Reviews