Phoenix Children's Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Phoenix Children's Hospital President and CEO Bob Meyer
Bob Meyer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits; Decent Salary; Strong Sense of Teamwork/Collaboration; (in 15 reviews)

• The people you work with at PCH are amazing, honest, hardworking people who really want to do a great job for the patients and families (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • In my opinion there are no cons (in 6 reviews)

• And then when brought to upper management "it's ignored " (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I really love coming to work E V E R Y D A Y!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My team is really a team! I feel like I make a difference in what I do everyday. People you see are smiling walking down the hospital and if they aren't they have a reason to be sad ~ but what I do can make a difference. I believe the managers, doctors and HR team strive to hire the best so that the children and families receive the best care from start to finish. One of the best cafeterias I have been to. Reasonable costs and lots of variety to choose from. Hospital Orientation is one of the best orientations I have seen where upper management takes pride and ownership of attending each and every one to give the exact same message of 100% for the kids and show that they value EVERY new hire regardless of what your job is going to be!

Cons

My commute is a little longer than I would like it to be, but that doesn't mean I can't move closer in the future.

Advice to Management

Continue to coach, develop and promote from within where it is possible!

Phoenix Children's Hospital Response

Aug 11, 2017 – VP Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your comments! I'm glad to hear that you are loving your team. That makes a huge difference. Orientation, too, is something that has changed over the last year based on feedback from... More

2. "A wonderful place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I cant go on about how much I love this place. The staff was great and management worked hard to make the place great for workers and patients.

Cons

Parking was ridiculous but we were expanding so that may have changed.
    Communication between departments was lacking but I believe that is due to growing pains.

Advice to Management

Listen to the doctors and nurses. They are the ones on the front lines. Keep doing such a great job of taking care of the kids.....

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time

Pros

Good Experience for all pre-med or pre-nursing students

Cons

There are cons like every place but none worth mentioning

"Volunteer Experience"

Former Employee - Volunteer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Volunteer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Phoenix Children's Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Volunteer Services personnel are wonderful to work with as are many of the staff. It is a joy and privilege to work with the children and their families. The hospital setting is inviting to children and helps allay their fears. Special TV stations are established for patients of various ages so they can watch cartoons, Disney movies, or something for the adolescent.

Cons

Staff is often over worked with limited opportunity for assistance on many floors. Lateral violence is present in some areas, cafeteria is closed from 7m to 10pm which is often during the time when parents can step away to take a break and eat something or just unwind from the emotional strain they are under. HR is slow to hire and often does not update hiring status for months at a time or loses applicants information.

Advice to Management

Optimize HR system, stand firm on NO lateral violence with a 0 tolerance policy, hire more nurses/new grads, keep hospital cafeteria open 24 hours.

5. "I am a PCT at PCH in the PICU."

Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot of on the hands training. I had no experience before I was hired jut my NREMT and CPR. Get to pick when you work.

Cons

Lots of sitter cases and some of the thingsd you see will pull at you a little bit.

"Phoenix Children's Hospital is one of the 10 largest children's hospitals in the nation!"

Former Employee - Clinical Nurse II in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Clinical Nurse II in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Emphasis on family centered care throughout the facility. Offers some of the most creative workplaces for cross training into various units. The facility is growing with new opportunities to deliver optimal healthcare.

Cons

Some areas to work in are more clicky with groups that keep to themselves instead of a team atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Encourage everyone to extend themselves to have the same level of training and expertise within all the areas. Do not hold people back.

"Great company to work for."

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly environment to work in. Great promotion opportunities with great benefits.

Cons

There are no cons to working at PCH.

"Patient Care Tech"

Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Davie, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Care Technician in Davie, FL

I worked at Phoenix Children's Hospital (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent hospital dedicated to the care of kiddos. Staff was WONDERFUL. Everyone was kind, caring, & worked well together. I loved that job. I left to further my education.

Cons

We were short staffed sometimes & had to work a lot harder.

"I had an exceptional experience working in a research laboratory associated with Phoenix Children's Hospital"

Former Employee - Laboratory Research Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Laboratory Research Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible hours, positive relationships between superiors and associates, best run laboratory I have been a part of, very supportive environment and low stress.

Cons

Worked at a laboratory leased by Phoenix Children's Hospital, which requires a pay to park fee. Employees at the main hospital have free parking, that's really the only con I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You guys are rockstars!

"Excellent IT Department."

Current Employee - Infrastructure Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Engineer II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Phoenix Children's Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just an amazing place to work. IT leadership is top notch, simply the best! From the CIO down leadership does everything in their power to ensure the teams have everything they need to meet and exceed the expectations of the business. Technology is new, pace is fast, management knows IT, moving forward and keeping ahead of the curve. Freedom to stop, take a look around and question process to make systems better as well as make suggestions to improve efficiency. Professionalism, hard work pays off here!

Cons

IT department is quickly outgrown provided work space.

Advice to Management

Really can't think of anything that needs mentioning