KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Phoenix Children's Hospital

Engaged Employer

Phoenix Children's Hospital

Add a Review

Phoenix Children's Hospital Employee Reviews about "pch"

Updated Jan 7, 2021

Found 60 of over 479 reviews

4.1
Phoenix Children's Hospital President and CEO Bob Meyer
Bob Meyer
Pros
  • "PCH covers AAPC dues and give us books(in 45 reviews)

• "Great benefits, friendly staff, growing facility(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Salary is not competitive at PCH(in 24 reviews)

• "Very poor communication between upper management which leads to confusion(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "pch"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Best coding job I've had

Sep 17, 2020 - Certified Coder II in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Management is actively engaging staff at meetings. When Covid hit we all became full time remote coders. Everyone is still working 40 hours a week. PCH covers AAPC dues and give us books. Zoom meeting once a month for a CEU and 2 call in meetings a week. An AMAZING place to work.

Cons

Now that I'm working from home I miss eating at the hospital.

2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you’re an experienced RN, take your talent elsewhere.

Dec 19, 2020 - Registered Nurse in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

-There’s a Starbucks inside the lobby which is convenient. -Benefits are pretty good -Wearing PCH Tshirts to work is cool

Cons

-Lack of concern for the health of employees! We are given 3 sick days per year, which are taken from our PTO, and even if mandated my occupational health to stay home, you have to take an occurrence (a strike toward corrective action) if you run out of those sick days. -Be ready to FLOAT, regardless of the needs on your floor. PCH likes to double float nurses based on CS preference and bias. -PTO is rarely approved less than 5 months in advance -For new grads, education is lacking greatly. Your orientation is unorganized and your preceptor changes every shift.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

It’s about the kids

Jan 7, 2021 - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Caring for children is a wonderful cause, and most that work at PCH are there because of this. Many devoted team members in operations that keep the nuts and bolts of the place in check and running smoothly.

Cons

Executive administration doesn’t care enough to investigate when there are operational issues that are driven by some of the upper management. Too trusting in their VP’s to listen to concerns that arise beneath. There is a communication barrier/disconnect between middle management and the C-suite unlike anything I’ve seen in previous corporate settings.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

CRC

Oct 8, 2020 - Clinical Research Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work! Salary is not competitive as other hospitals, but great benefits!

Cons

Salary is not competitive at PCH

5. 3.0

PICU RN- Love my patients

Aug 2, 2019 - PICU RN in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy working at PCH, truly. My patients are the best and the reason I stay.

Cons

As much as I love PCH and would like to never leave here the pay is absolutely horrible for nurses and techs. After taxes and insurance we make almost nothing compared to any other hospital in AZ. The critical care areas don’t get paid more and the turn over of bedside staff is horrible! Also, probably the most aggravating part is that if you work here you can expect the most ridiculous pay raise system ever. However, if you come in with experience you make way more. So basically it doesn’t matter about how many years of service you have put in at the hospital if you leave and then come back you make way more. So they basically push you out because nobody can live off this ridiculous pay.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0

Meh

Jun 27, 2020 - Registered Nurse in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good resources while working and great specialists.

Cons

Very much driven “the PCH way” - most all nurses that LOVE working here have only ever work at PCH.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

OR staff

Aug 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m only neutral about this review for the children I see on a daily basis. They’re the reason PCH is around. The gratitude and fulfillment I get from helping children is heartwarming.

Cons

Where do I begin... management is poor in listening and implementing action to your concerns, and is very political when it comes to raises, promotions, and CS’s. Very poor communication between upper management which leads to confusion. ALSO if you plan on working in the EAST OR building they don’t pay any differential for taking call as the main OR staff does. Nothing ever gets addressed, mostly swept under a rug and forgot about. Dr’s are very passive aggressive and childlike; will gossip about you to other providers and smile in your face. Also to mention the pay is significant lower than many other competitors in the Phoenix metro areas. Anyways I think y’all get it

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Lead with grace, not fear.

Oct 28, 2019 - Manager, Marketing and Communications in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

On the outside, the mission and vision of PCH are enough to draw anyone in. On the inside, the medical professionals and the children and families they support are enough to make you stay a lot longer than you probably would have otherwise.

Cons

You want to believe in everything PCH stands for. The hope, healing and healthcare provided to patients and their families should be more than enough to make you love going into the office every day. And even on those days where the politics of it all gets in the way, you hold out hope, because you want to believe in the mission and vision so badly, often times sacrificing your own physical and mental health to do so. I have more fond memories of my time at PCH than I can count, but most of those memories are overshadowed by the toxicity and competitive culture created and enforced by leadership. And now, when I think of PCH, I’m left with a sour taste in my mouth. I departed on my own teams - albeit not great ones - because I felt like I had no choice. If I had stayed at PCH, not only would I have been doing a disservice to an organization I had dedicated six years of my working life to because I was incredibly unhappy, but I would have been doing a disservice to my health. Every day I went into the office wanting to do well, often times working upwards of 60-70+ hours/week to check off all of the to-dos, only to repeatedly feel belittled, disrespected and discouraged by whoever my boss was at the time (I had six in six years, and only one switch was by choice ... the others were the results of reorgs or “new opportunities”). I cried more times out of frustration than any employee should. I turned friends and trusted colleagues into competitors, because leadership openly told us we had to “prove our worth to keep our jobs.” Never in my life have I been so discouraged by the person I had become than when I look back at my last few years at PCH. The leadership is toxic, and it starts at the top. Looking back, I had to remind myself on a DAILY basis that I was enough, and most days, I didn’t believe it. Not because I wasn’t enough; I was darn good at my job. But because the leadership at PCH (at least the leadership I experienced) fosters a toxic environment and culture where no matter how successful or kind or honest or hardworking you are, it will never be enough.

11 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Very happy with PCH

Mar 2, 2019 - Remote Medical Coder
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm treated with respect by management. Annual review system is fair and consistent. Annual employee survey allows employers to anonymously rate PCH as an employer and PCH seems to value that input and implement change where needed. Teamwork atmosphere among co workers. I work remotely from another state but still feel very much part of a team. Benefit package good. Have felt very blessed to be part of the PCH community.

Cons

If I have to come up with a con, I guess it would be communication of information among team could be more consistent.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Jan 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great. The employees at PCH are all so kind and always smiling at everyone. Fairly easy hire on process.

Cons

None it is a great place to be.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews