Phoenix Contact Reviews | Glassdoor

Phoenix Contact CEO Frank Stührenberg
Frank Stührenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"High five"

I have been working at Phoenix Contact (More than 8 years)

Pros

They say if you use two alarm clocks, you hate your job. Sometimes I don't use an alarm clock at all. I've worked here for years and the environment is just as friendly as the first day I set foot on the campus. Phoenix Contact has employee advancement programs and continuously look for ways to improve their processes (in all departments). I read some feedback about growing pains. I would disagree. Executives and management have regular meetings to ensure proper planning and growth measures are in place. If I wanted, I could literally walk into our HR manager or President's office to address a concern. Recognition of individual and department achievements are also huge. You won't just get a pat on the back. It's a great place to work. I've seen people high five on the running track as they pass each other. This brings me to wellness. If you have health goals, we have our own doctor to get you on track (pun intended). No-way? Yeah-way.

Cons

There are people that work here that have never worked at a terrible place, so they don't appreciate what Phoenix Contact has to offer. This is no fault of the company.

Advice to Management

I feel departments should have the ability to evaluate their management in a constructive way, without the managers feeling as though they've been thrown under the bus.

2. "Comfortable and Stable"

I have been working at Phoenix Contact full-time

Pros

Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Nice Facilities

Cons

Compensation structure skewed towards sales, engineering is a distant second, rigid advancement structure,

Advice to Management

Identify people who add value and compensate appropriately. Provide support structure and resources to be truely innovative. Find ways to compensate and reward high performing employees.

3. "Great Company"

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for. Great atmosphere, great workers.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this company.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Solid Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, PA

Pros

Great atmosphere, strong company values

Cons

Wasn't there long enough to see any

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "It is a great place to work because they truly invest in their employees from their health to all sorts of training."

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Harrisburg, PA

Pros

Culture promotes a committed spirit, friendliness, and honesty.

Cons

None at this time from me.

Advice to Management

Continue to walk around meet with employees

"Lacking a culture of innovation"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Phoenix Contact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well known, global company with very high quality products. Provide excellent training on products. Friendly culture across all levels.

Cons

This is a German company, and all decisions take place in HQ. Do not have a clear understanding of what they want to focus on. Electronics, Device Connectors, Networking, or Solar products. They also don't have a clear channel strategy, and do a lot of business direct rather than through distribution, especially in Europe.

Advice to Management

Please share your vision to the employees in a clear manner, and avoid repeated change of strategy.

"Company going through growing pains."

I have been working at Phoenix Contact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy-going atmosphere from the president on down. Co-workers are pleasant, and friendlier than at any company I've ever worked for in the past. The owner has set a goal to be one of the best places to work in the world, and evidence of that is all around, from the employee fitness center, to the ergonomic workstations.

Cons

German parent company uses different systems, and expects same results from US operations, with the same ease and speed achieved in Germany. This is definitely not the case and friction between cultures arises occasionally.

Advice to Management

Try not to forget the benefits of a small company. Piling procedures on top of procedures is taking away the friendly atmosphere, and sterilizing it by creating a lot of "it's not my job" type responses.

8. "Assistant manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Pune (India)

I have been working at Phoenix Contact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mnc culture learning opportunities on time salary

Cons

Profiles should be defined kras should be defined

Advice to Management

Improve salaries of employs

9. "Phoenix Contact Canada - Great company...not so great Senior Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton, ON (Canada)

I worked at Phoenix Contact full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Canadian division has great employees and is growing. The building is wonderful and most of the second level management team is competent and a pleasure to work with. The products are world class and the Company has a wonderful future ahead if they make a few much needed changes in personnel.

Cons

The GM's management style leaves much to be desired and does not "fit" with the way this organization is moving. His management decision making is questionable at best and many of the second level managers do not trust in him or respect him any longer. Decisions appear to be emotional and, at times, self serving. He displays obvious signs of favoritism and decisions/commitments from him are often delayed or forgotten entirely. Feedback has been provided on many surveys outlining these issues but it seems to continue to worsen. Wondering if anyone will ever read this and realize what is happening within this organization in Canada....

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to employee feedback and practice what you preach ! Stop the procrastination and if you are blind to what others are seeing in you, you may want to take a second look. Senior Management at head office need to investigate deeper.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oviedo (Spain)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oviedo (Spain)

I have been working at Phoenix Contact full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, innovative, good working conditions, flexibility. The directors are easy to talk with and it seems they care about the employees. Very low rotation level, this means that the employees like where they are and don't leave the company,

Cons

Rather small organisation in Spain and therefore limited possibilities for promotion. It is not easy to find another position and after many years of doing similar job sometimes you are kind of frustrated.