Phoenix Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Marjorie Strickland

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "not bad"

I have been working at Phoenix Management full-time

Pros

very friendly, they understand military logistics

Cons

need to listen and adapt to changes. be willing to grow

2. "If I knew how bad I would have stayed where I was."

Current Employee - Supply Technician in Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Technician in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at Phoenix Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers, DA Civilians are a pleasure to work with. Doing what I like, and been doing for about 20 years.

Cons

To many people quit (7) and terminated (3) in nine months. At will employer that openly tell employees not too unionize. Which is against the law, manager has very little experience.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage and deal with different personnel. This applies to both contact employees and DA Civilians

3. "excellent company!"

Pros

they care about their employees

Cons

can't think of any to mention

4. "PMI Air Traffic Assistant"

I have been working at Phoenix Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Money, location, coworkers, freedom, networking

Cons

upward mobility and management concerned about saving than pleasing employees

Advice to Management

Make sure your employees are kept happy

"Not worth the trouble"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Phoenix Management as a contractor

Pros

There are really no Pros with this company!

Cons

The company is one-sided and the supervisor is ALWAYS correct no matter the situation. We were warned it was a 'shady' company, and we found out the first week of working for them. Please consider another company to work for. The background on the company reads very well, however, the personnel with the company are misguided and are 'storytellers'. I have liked the companies I have worked for, but this one gets two thumbs down. Please choose wisely if thinking about working for them...a warning BEFORE you set yourself up for a headache.

Advice to Management

Your supervisors/managers aren't always in the 'right'. You may want to think about doing things correctly in the future, it will save you face in the end!

6. "Indifference"

I have been working at Phoenix Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wages seem to be good through the different occupations but that seems to only be due to the union and not necessarily the company itself. Tab managers are mostly good and take care of their people within their power.

Cons

Suggestions are rarely taken into account. Concerns about operations or other personnel issues are disregarded frequently. Very little concern is evident for workers. No effort to provide decent insurance at a decent price. Very little follow through from administrative personnel. They look to save money at every turn including not hiring a deputy project manager. VERY LITTLE room for promotion. In fact, when a position came open due to a departure, the company decided to NOT hire a replacement to save money. Duties seem to have been spread to some tab managers and secretaries. Above tab managers there is very little backbone to correct problems with personnel.

Advice to Management

Improve benefits. Not everyone is retired military with a pension and Tricare for life. The current health insurance offerings is insanely expensive and impossible for most to afford with the South Florida cost of living. Look at current employees more for promotion opportunities. Listen to employee suggestions on the myriad of issues plaguing the contract.

7. "PMI"

I have been working at Phoenix Management part-time

Pros

the company tends to pay well

Cons

management seems to show favoritism

Advice to Management

have qualified people in appropriate positions. Too many employees getting paid for work they don't do, and/or are unqualified for. Good ol'boy system is in play.

8. "Decent Job"

Pros

Decent salary for the area

Cons

Poor mangement,no room for growth

9. "Airfield Management Operations"

Former Employee - Airfield Manager in Homestead, FL
    Former Employee - Airfield Manager in Homestead, FL

I worked at Phoenix Management (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was great, people that worked directly for me were great to work with.

Cons

My most current boss didnt fix issues if something was brought to his attention. Slid it under the rug and very political

Advice to Management

If someone brings an issue to you try to resolve it and confront the issue head on. Dont just eliminate someone for know valid reason

"Not worth investing in!"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Middlesex, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Middlesex, NJ

Pros

The company teaches you how to directly market their fragrances. There are daily meetings to help inspire you and give you the hopes of one day owning your own location that distributes these fragrances.

Cons

The company puts you through a program that pretty much sets you up for failure. They rely on you to use your own vehicle for the distribution of their products...and when I say "distribution", I mean going door to door soliciting perfumes to businesses and people on the street.
    You are given a false hope that you will one day own your own location but this depends entirely on the promoting owners, not just on the completion of their ridiculous training. You will make NO MONEY while in training. In fact, you will be spending more on gas and wear and tear on your vehicle. They say you can make money, but even if you manage to pull off a $5 profit for each bottle you sell, averaging 5 bottles ($25) a day is not enough to live by.
    Also, it's very, very cruel to demand that if your people do not meet the "5-7" bottle a day quota, to ask them to go out and "mercy" at night until they meet it. I remember feeling threatened and belittled when I would come in the next day having not worked the night after putting in 10 hours of work already. Ridiculous.

Advice to Management

I remember when I answered the ad...it said that the company was hiring for marketing managers. My advice is that Phoenix Management needs to come up front and detail what "marketing" really means. It should have read "door to door solicitors wanted".
    I have studied their training program and it is filled with deception and false "juicing".
    This company needs to be more honest on what their intentions are. It's like trying to spit-shine a ball of feces and try to call it a great opportunity. Not good.