Phoenix Marketing Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tracy Doyle

Pros
Cons
  • YES, people work until 10:00 pm and even later on a daily basis (in 2 reviews)

• You can be berated for a minor mistakes, but not told when you are doing a good job (in 2 reviews)

"I'm happy."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Phoenix Marketing Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Phoenix for over 2 years and I'm content. I find the people amazing! And where there is good people, there is a good company.
    I see the owners as two women making their way thru just like everybody else. They truly care about everyone at Phoenix and want to see this company succeed for everyone's sake.

Cons

Every company has room for improvement, which is why I gave Phoenix 4 stars. The ups and downs of this industry make the work load heavy at times. But I believe that has more to do with the industry than Phoenix as a company.
    At times, my supervisor is very busy and my 1:1 meetings have to be rescheduled, which puts my work on hold.
    I also think the training program is lacking, but I know this is on the radar of management.
    Overall, all the "cons" are on the radar of management and they are taking steps to improve things.

Advice to Management

Put employees first and they will work hard for you. Happy employees go above and beyond every time.

"Adolescent Firm"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in New Providence, NJ

I worked at Phoenix Marketing Solutions full-time

Pros

- People
    - Decent Cafe downstairs
    - Good exposure into healthcare marketing (entry-level job)
    - Good/safe location - near lots of good eats, gyms, and markets

Cons

- Senior Management (depends on person)
    - Work is inconsistent
    - Salary
    - High turnover rate
    - Promotion is predominately determined by visibility and need, not by good work and loyalty

Advice to Management

Provide better benefits/pay (ex. loyalty benefits, drinks for winning business, or a rewards system) and maybe reduce amount of work hours to be more billable.

Feels like company decisions are made on a simple whim.

Educate management to manage - transparency, communication, and team building

Phoenix Marketing Solutions Response

Dec 7, 2016 – Tracy Doyle, President and CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take a lot of pride in hiring great people at Phoenix. Our values and culture are important to us and we’re happy to see you appreciated it ... More

"Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

Pros

Friendly coworkers, nice building. That's about it

Cons

I don't even know where to begin, this place is toxic, unethical, and abusive. They do not respect work life balance, I was let go for no valid reason, basically because I voiced my concerns to my boss and she didn't like what I wrote in my 30 day review. I did not speak negatively of the company or anybody in my review, I guess they didn't like the fact that I had concerns and was honest about what I thought about my first 30 days on the job. Being let go was a blessing, I'm sorry I wasted my time leaving a job that I actually loved to come to this place.

Advice to Management

Take the time to implement a solid training and onboarding program for new employees and communicate your expectations. Focus on building up your most valuable internal resources: your employees!

"The most depressing place on Earth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Millburn, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Millburn, NJ

I worked at Phoenix Marketing Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Nice building in a nice part of NJ
    Good exposure to Med/Ed agency work

Cons

- Abusive company culture from the CEO on down
    - Not innovative or creative enough to adapt like other agencies
    - Illogical and obsolete content and project management processes leading to stress, burnout and depression
    - Blatant favoritism when allocating work
    - Billable time is used vindictively to force people out of the organization

Advice to Management

Hire a PR company and work on setting things right with the staff you have left

"sweat shop"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Phoenix Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the office building is nice, and not much more that can be said

Cons

everything is a con. People are disrespected and expected to work very long hours with no compensation

"Agree o questionable positive reviews"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Phoenix Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck. I have to have more than 5 words here so that's what I am going with.

Cons

C level is, in my opinion, getting their friends to post false positives to try and control this page. I worked here years ago and keep getting emailed these reviews and it's like watching a train wreck. The negative reviews are very true. I lived it. When I worked there they were people who didn't understand the Internet or technology at all - and truthfully they hired extrenal vendors to handle their tech projects and never told clients. I was there and I was instructed not to tell the client that they don't do "digital". The way they are using this page is a huge example of how they are: they clearly have no idea that you can't hide any more in the digital age. They are one step from Amy's Baking Company.

Advice to Management

Just stop with the false 5 star reviews. You are embarrassing yourself.

"Excellent Atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Vice President, Account Services in New Providence, NJ
    Current Employee - Vice President, Account Services in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Phoenix Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company supports its employees in many ways all based on proactive listening. Phoenix culture is focused on Core Values that are lived everyday in all aspects of the business. Having worked at other agencies I can say that the commitment to excellence is not just lip service.

Cons

The only con right now is that they company does not match our 401K. Other benefits are awesome though!

Advice to Management

Ensure that awareness of Phoenix is more positive, it is a great place to work and everyone should know that!

"manager"

Former Employee - Manager in New Providence, Union, NJ
    Former Employee - Manager in New Providence, Union, NJ

I worked at Phoenix Marketing Solutions (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay , OK benefits

Cons

Not sure about direction of this company.

"Program Management for CME events"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Warren, NJ

I worked at Phoenix Marketing Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office is in a nice and convenient area and for the most part work gets done. The benefits are good and the people are nice. Salaries were competitive.

Cons

Management was not very clear with direction and often times so unorganized that you worked in a fire drill mode. Due to this there was a lot of turn over

Advice to Management

Organization and clear communication will make for a better work environment. Accusatory and raising of voice doesn't help moral or loyalty

"The grass isn't greener; this is the industry we chose!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Phoenix Marketing Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you've ever worked at any other agency in this crazy industry, Phoenix is absolutely no different than the others. It's the same client demands/requests, management expectations and exhausting workload. The grass isn't greener, the work is the same. Not banker hours but you have more autonomy than at other agencies (plus most teams support each other and really do care about their teammates). I have made some life-long friends here and so most of the bad times are outweighed by the good times with these fun people. The new building we moved into is very nice (in my opinion!) so that makes coming to work feel much friendlier (we're not so cramped anymore and it's bright and open). We've had some great off-site events in the past (holiday parties, retirement/going away parties, Olympics, BBQ) and those made for some good memories.

Cons

Long hours, client demands, longer commute for some (mine didn't change that much, it's only 15 minutes from the last office so not sure what the big deal is). Yes there are days I can't take it anymore, but then I remember it's the same (or worse) anywhere else (and I haven't won the lottery yet so back to work I go). No, it's not perfect, but show me a place that is.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the new digs and for the recent ability to meet with HR to voice our opinions. Hopefully those serious about staying and growing with Phoenix will help make this a better place. I personally feel you're trying, and that counts.