Phoenixville Hospital Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2020

Phoenixville Hospital CEO Steve Tullman  (no image)
Steve Tullman
  1. "Fortunate to be part of Phoenixville Family"

5.0

I have been working at Phoenixville Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Caring leadership, very engaged team members throughout entire hospital. Quality and patient safety come first.

Cons

Need more support from system. What is good for Phoenixville Hospital is good for Tower Health.

2. "Great community hospital"

Current Employee - Director in Phoenixville, PA

I have been working at Phoenixville Hospital full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great physicians, excellent nursing care, competitive benefits plan

Cons

Many hospitals in the area to chose from

Director, Client Services

Thank you for the 5-star review of Phoenixville Hospital – Tower Health! We agree that our physicians, nurses, and staff members are excellent. Thank you also for acknowledging that our benefits plan is competitive, as we are proud of what we are able to offer. We hope that our efforts to create a safe and positive environment for all patients and employees shines through and helps community members choose Phoenixville Hospital over all of the other options in the area. Thank you for your continued service to Tower Health!

3. "Ok"

2.0
    Former Employee - MRI Technologist

I worked at Phoenixville Hospital part-time for more than a year

Pros

My co-workers were a pleasant bunch.

Cons

Administration was clueless to staffing challenges. Do more with less? How about do more with nothing?

Director, Client Services

Thank you for the review of Phoenixville Hospital! Thanks for reinforcing how positive co-worker relations are at Tower Health. We continually receive this feedback in our engagement surveys. Leadership regularly evaluates staffing levels and make adjustments as appropriate. We encourage employees to share their concerns with their supervisor and/or an HR Business Partner so they may be addressed. We hope you did so while employed with us. Thank you for your service and your feedback!

4. "You get what you put in."

Former Employee - CNA

I worked at Phoenixville Hospital part-time for less than a year

Pros

Certain floors are "worth it" - in my opinion the ICU and ED

Cons

Financially the benefits are limiting for insurance and educational support.

Director, Client Services

Thank you for the 3-star review of Phoenixville Hospital - Tower Health. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working in the ICU and ED. We are constantly striving to ensure that every floor is a positive experience for our staff and patients. We are unsure what you mean by the benefits being financially limiting because we continually receive positive feedback from employees about the benefits we offer to our employees. We invite any employee who has concerns with their benefits to stop by HR to learn more about their benefit plan and available options. Thank you again for the review!

5. "Not Fair Pay"

1.0
    Current Employee - Coordinator-Finance and Administrative

I have been working at Phoenixville Hospital full-time

Pros

great work environment better people to work with

Cons

not fair pay if you have kids , don't call in sick

Director, Client Services

Thank you for your review of Phoenixville Hospital, we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the work environment as we know it enhances an employees work experience. We are constantly working to provide a flexible environment in hopes of accommodating the needs of each employee, and hope that you will reach out to your supervisor and/or HR Business Partner to discuss scheduling options or other positions within Phoenixville that will offer the schedule you need to balance between the needs of your family and work.

6. "Top 10 best places to work"

Current Employee - Pca in Phoenixville, PA

I have been working at Phoenixville Hospital part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement, awesome place to work, staff are like family.

Cons

Closed minded people can't advance.

Director, Client Services

Thank you for the 5 star review of Tower Health – Phoenixville Hospital! We strive to provide opportunities for advancement so our employees can grow their career with us. Like you, many employees comment on how their colleagues are like family. This is typically within the top 5 strengths listed by employees in our annual employee engagement surveys. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with others!

7. "Good"

Former Employee - Patient Registration Representative in Phoenixville, PA

I worked at Phoenixville Hospital part-time for less than a year

Pros

Educational, flexibility, friendly atmosphere

Cons

I cannot say much about Management

Director, Client Services

Thank you for taking the time to review Tower Health – Phoenixville Hospital. We are happy to hear that you found the work environment to be friendly and educational while offering flexibility. We always encourage employees to see their Manager or an HR Business Partner with any concerns they may have. Thank you again for your review!

"Cheap Labor"

2.0
    Former Employee - Patient Care Assistant/Unit Clerk

I worked at Phoenixville Hospital part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Team Management, there are daily meeting in the morning in which the staff gathers to discuss concerns or recognize people for their efforts. Positive Recognition, when employees are recognized for their performance it will encourage others to challenge their efforts as well as give great workers incentive to continue to do a good job. Cross Training, there are consistent opportunities to be trained in new roles or departments. (HOWEVER THEY DO NOT PAY YOU EXTRA! THEY JUST TRAIN YOU AND GIVE YOU MORE WORK!)

Cons

They consistently throw you to the wolves and give you a large work load without proper compensation. Human Resources is VERY unprofessional. They are always trying to pinch pennies, chasing away great employees. Managers receive bonuses for staying under budget, with this being said they will SELFISHLY increase the workload of the employees so that they do not have to pay extra staff so that THEY can receive a bonus at the end of the year but do not offer to help on the floor.

Director, Client Services

We appreciate your taking the time to review Tower Health – Phoenixville Hospital and are happy to hear that daily meetings recognize efforts and discuss concerns, as communication is very important to us. Our intent is never to overwhelm employees, so we are sorry to hear that you may have experienced this. We encourage our employees to address any concerns with thier supervisor or HR Business Partner. We have launched Leadership development training at all of our sites and survey employees regularly to obtain feedback on their employment experience. We develop and implement action plans to address the top areas of concern for employees and hope they see a difference in the future. Thank you again for providing a review!

9. "volunteer"

I have been working at Phoenixville Hospital

Pros

-flexible, understanding and nice and friendly

Cons

-little work, busy work but easy work

Director, Client Services

Thank you for the 3 star review of Tower Health – Phoenixville Hospital! We appreciate our volunteers and thank you so much for your service to our Hospital. All work performed by our volunteers is valued and needed within our Hospitals. Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

10. "RN"

I have been working at Phoenixville Hospital

Pros

helpful, nice, room to advance

Cons

No room to advance without going back to school

Found 24 reviews