Photo-Me International Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Photo-Me International Deputy Chairman and CEO Serge Crasnianski
Serge Crasnianski

1. "company needs to sort itself out in photo-me retail"

Pros

get to work with photos and printing

Cons

First day of work my manager forgot to even tell the people who were training me I was coming as she forgot I was even going to be starting.

Worked (still working for them) for PMR fo 3 months and I can't believe the state of it after PMR has taken over from asda. PMR has bitten off more than they can chew as they only want to use thier own engineers who have no clue how to fix any photo-centre equipment and make themselves useless.

Photo-me international staff sometimes talk down to you as if you have no common sense when you try sorting out issues.

They basically leave you to figure everything out yourself without any help. Management don't answer their phones or give you instructions on how to even book a holiday.

Advice to Management

Actually answer your phones, respond to emails. Bother to visit your staff. I have worked there for 3 months and I have only seen my manager when I did an interview. You are meant to see your manager every 4 weeks!

Check up on your staff for once.

"Better than being unemployed"

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

Pros

It's very difficult to think of any pros, other than working at Photo-Me gives you a very good insight into poor management practices.

Cons

Total lack of respect shown to staff by certain managers. No proper direction with regards to how the company should be moving forward.

Advice to Management

Advice to management? The good ones (and there are a few), get out while you can. The rest of them, well they should be ashamed to call themselves managers.

"Stay a million miles away from this terrible company"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

Absolutely no Pro's here what so ever from the very top CEO and his side kick who are totally crazy to put it mildly and litterally run the company like a slave labour camp with a whip. Then all senior management in UK and Ireland are a total waste of space and clueless and buly their way and go though staff like tea bags.

Cons

from your first day in the job is a con management who have managed to keep their jobs here have made a career of covering their back side and treating all decent ordinary staff members like theior personal slaves and then sack them should they even think of pointing out any of the many bully boy tactics they give out on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

All current senior management should be sacked ASAP and the front line staff rewarded and actually teated like human people and not door mats. this company is on a major downward slope and the only thing that saved the Irish operation is the Laundry units as they have nothing else to offer and will loose what ever old customers they have soon enough because of industry change with regards to passport photos etc and their extreme non existing relationship management or due care to their customers and staff. If you could give a minus one on this site every one would

"to avoid"

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time

Pros

no advantage. Only useful to learn how to resist to the pressure of the french 70' management style.

Cons

No team spirit - Silo approach - Terror management - No vision except the short term cash flow top management interest - High senior management turn over - No respect of the terms of labor contract - Personel harassement, etc

"Seriously think twice before working here, I'd give them 0 stars if I could."

Current Employee - Field Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really can't think of any pros other than that you can go home at the end of the day and look for other jobs.

Cons

A sad fear driven working culture and environment where regional managers and senior management try to boost efficiency by driving staff down and demoralising them. There is no team work and upgrades / projects are a last minute thought which are expected to be finalised on top of ludicrous work loads. Managers have a bizarre obsession with dust, There is no advancement opportunities, no paid overtime and very sly , two faced bonus schemes that only benefit management after promising field staff. It's a cash cow company in a dying industry. The biometric market will probably cripple PMI when the day comes.

Advice to Management

My advise would be to replace the senior management. Listen to the people at the bottom and actually pay attention to them. They are the ambassadors to the company and the backbone of the business.

"Read this carefully!"

I worked at Photo-Me International full-time

Pros

The products provide a useful service to the general public, and quality is generally good. Most of the people working for the company are dedicated to their jobs and doing their best for the organisation, often in adverse circumstances.

Cons

I have never come across a management like this one. Under the two French CEO/CEO designate there prevails a fear culture. Management meetings are one way barrages of how poor the collective performance is, and then followed by individual sessions along the same lines. Communication is very poor - silos reign supreme. It's all about how much money they can earn for the senior management..slash costs, maximise short term profits. Product marketing is very poorly supported and products are launched before understanding basic issues like local regulations..and then they are surprised when unrealistic targets are achieved. It's a top down culture, and don't even think about suggesting improvements...I'd strongly recommend not joining the company in a management position..you won't last long anyway. Nobody does. Also of note is that the market for ID is being centralized by many Governments..so the Photo-Me business is declining.

Advice to Management

For the long term benefit of the company and the good people who work there, they should replace the current senior management with more skilled, competent people.

"I'd give them a zero star if it was available."

I worked at Photo-Me International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You really don't want to work here. There isn't one Pro I could think of.

Cons

Very poor management, very French concentric view of the world. Zero opportunity for advancement, no project management. They've increased profits for the owner by cutting back people way past “the bone”. Internal systems are stuck in the 1970's, company culture is 1970's. Suits and executive washroom style culture, management silo's. Passport photo's are the only cash cow, and when EU regulations require biometrics company will be crippled.

Advice to Management

Replace everyone who has been with the company more than 7 years.

"shocking very two faced. wasted oportunities, business long term outlook grim"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Photo-Me International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

none, will ring you dry and throw you away in a heart beat. very questionable management practises. leave well alone. no pension or bonus or brnrfits or over time. bad car policy

Cons

cash cow vending, shrink market manufacturing. changing way media is used to supply photo id mean the post office and other contracts in photo vending tail off. third party service for minilab output in europe, carried out by 97 percent owner of rival noritsu japan

Advice to Management

short sighted, duvets key cutting vending. big big shame