Photo-Me International Reviews | Glassdoor

1.5
Photo-Me International Deputy Chairman and CEO Serge Crasnianski
Serge Crasnianski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Absolute joke to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Photo-Me International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can’t really think of anything good about this company to be honest, apart from the colleagues are all friendly and helpful

Cons

Management no where to be seen, when they do show up not bothered about the employees spends the whole time looking at phone not interested in anything other than how much is in the till. The equipment is old and useless nothing works properly! Management does nothing to help the my just do not care!!! the engineers have no clue how to fix anything since getting rid of the previous company who would fix issues within days now you wait months for one thing to be sorted.
    HR waste of space make you feel like your putting them out when you ring.
    Oh and close your store down with no notice leaving people unemployed or expecting you to relocate down the county.

Advice to Management

Hire management who actually know how to do their job, hire people with compassion who cares about their staff! Reply to emails !! Sort the equipment out don’t just say nothing I can do about it what a joke.

"What even goes on"

I worked at Photo-Me International part-time

Pros

I got a higher wage than i should have for my age

Cons

My days did not get changed to accommodate for me attending college when I first started even though I had been told it was sorted. It took over a month for some of my holidays to get authorised after my manger was changed, I found out i had the holiday a week before I was meant to be off. When our store was being closed down all the staff there were not in the know of what was going on, so myself and another girl there stopped coming in, we didn't know if the store was open or not as to our knowledge it was already meant to have been shut. I received my last pay slip (which includes my leavers pay and due holiday pay) I have got none of it, I have been left with no money, I was due to be paid nearly 1 grand (which to me currently is a lot of money) and I have been left with nothing. I contacted head office and was passed to the 'correct' service to be told it wrong and to be passed over again (what a joke) my details have been took and apparently given to HR but they have yet to call me back. Wouldn't ever recommend working for them, management is a joke and sadly it's staff that suffer.

Advice to Management

Sort everything out, wouldn't recommend. Can find most of the products cheaper else where.

3. "poor mangment"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Pros

customers are friendly and great staff

Cons

you get no information off management

Advice to Management

don't do it

4. "Avoid this company like the Plague"

Former Employee - Staff in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Staff in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Photo-Me International (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing what so ever )-: Horrid company to work for with terrible management

Cons

Absollutely terrible management who treat staff like slaves and rotten constantly

Advice to Management

sack all your selves ASAP

"This company is a joke"

Former Employee - Photo in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Photo in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I worked at Photo-Me International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros at all stay clear

Cons

After joining the company last November as a former asda colleague I decided to tupe to photo me as I enjoyed my job on the photo department.
    I have to say this was the worst move ever.
    Pmr have no idea about the photographic industry at all. Managers previously worked at O2 and burger king and have no man management skills at all they can't even change a roll of paper. Yet pmr are closing photo centres and keeping the fat cats it's a complete joke.
    No bothered about the customers at all or the staff.
     Never get holidays or wages right. Try to use bullying tactics which is laughable.
    The French should stick to what they do best making croissants.
    All labs will be closed by December

Advice to Management

Just shut the lot down were all better of without you.
    You have no idea how to run it

"Just a mess"

Former Employee - Photo Centre Retail Assistant in Bournemouth, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Photo Centre Retail Assistant in Bournemouth, England (UK)

I worked at Photo-Me International part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As the stores are based in ASDA's the ASDA staff and security where very helpful and friendly.
    The visiting engineers are always helpful.

Cons

Long tedious shifts where the only things working in the store were the instant print kiosks. Work consisted of helping people use the machines and dealing with constant complaints as the machines broke/stole their money/refused to print.
    No support from management (I worked there for 4 months and never even met my manager face-to-face). The company specifically hired students and staff with no experience in management and refused to give us store/management training.
    I was trained in wet lab processing in my first two weeks but when I got to my store nothing was operational and we were later told that we would not be needing that service anymore.
    Complete lone work environment.
    The company clearly didn't expect moving to retail to be this difficult; the whole thing is a mess.

Advice to Management

Hire staff with management experience to run the stores. Invest in your workers. Bring back wet lab processing as there is a market for it in the area with the arts universities so close by.

7. "Personnal Assistant"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Personal Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very inspirational CEO
    Amazing HR team
    Great management team work
    Good benefits

Cons

Can't find any, this company is really good on every single level.

Advice to Management

Perfect Management, top level managers and amazin CEO

8. "Photo-Me"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bookham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bookham, England (UK)

Pros

This was a great company to work for many years who had an incredibly loyal staff and a fantastic employee retention record. Now they appear to be focused on paying all their spare cash in dividends to shareholders rather than re-investing in the business.

Cons

There has been a movement of certain Head Office operations from the UK to France. Staff are no longer kept up to date on what is going on eg a planning notice appeared on the front door of the office building stating that planning consent had been sought to convert it to flats. No official explanation in writing to staff was ever forthcoming. They are moving to Epsom in July. Not surprisingly, staff are leaving. .

Advice to Management

Be upfront and honest with your employees.

"Horrible"

Pros

My colleagues were really great to work with.

Cons

I started towards the end of 2016, I was a new employee, along with another girl who worked with me, we were two girls with barely any training and never worked in a retail environment before. We were plunged into the Christmas rush and expected to shut up and not complain despite the fact that we would have 2 customers at once, with machines not working everyday and us having to get the worst of it from customers. Despite the fact that i would complain to management who would completely dismiss my concerns. However, I stayed on until about April 2017, but throughout this whole time the management was completely unappreciative and of the hard work I put in despite hating the job due to the management, even though my colleagues were great and made the work day bearable.

Advice to Management

Needs a makeover

"This is supposed to be 2017"

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Just about pays the bills. Free passport photos. A great place to work if you happen to be white and English I could not think of any other pros working for this company.

Cons

Managers encourage an ethnically abusive enviroment. Bullying and harrasment is rife. Staff are bullied so badly it affects their health. Constantly being threatened with redundancy. Equiptment damaged by Team Leaders to try and catch staff out. Team leaders hide in carparks and then check equipment. Regional managers aware and ineffective in stamping this out Bonus payments although promised never get to staff on the ground. Always some excuse why you are not entitled.

Advice to Management

This might come as a surprise. Try to remember your staff are honest hardworking human beings with famlies, not some sort of sub human species.