Photo-Me International Reviews | Glassdoor

Serge Crasnianski

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Shocking company"

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time

Pros

You are left alone the majority of the time

Cons

Area managers have got no idea what they are doing. The staff in photo centres are basically treated like a pa as area managers cant be bothered to contact stores in their cluster. When the area manager does bother to turn up he looks like a tramp in skinny jeans. They want you to sell things but wont pay out any money to get machines fixed and you get awful emails everyday asking why your takings arent as high as they should be. The whole company seems to be poorly managed and the only people that are benefitting from it are the area managers.

Advice to Management

Look for managers who actually know what they are doing and treat staff properly. I personally think they should cut their losses and sell to someone who knows what they are doing. There has been no bonus like promised and the latest incentive they have put on makes out they are doing us a favour. If they did want to do us a favour look into your rubbish area managers as they are the problem

2. "Personnal Assistant"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Personal Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very inspirational CEO
    Amazing HR team
    Great management team work
    Good benefits

Cons

Can't find any, this company is really good on every single level.

Advice to Management

Perfect Management, top level managers and amazin CEO

"This is supposed to be 2017"

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Just about pays the bills. Free passport photos. A great place to work if you happen to be white and English I could not think of any other pros working for this company.

Cons

Managers encourage an ethnically abusive enviroment. Bullying and harrasment is rife. Staff are bullied so badly it affects their health. Constantly being threatened with redundancy. Equiptment damaged by Team Leaders to try and catch staff out. Team leaders hide in carparks and then check equipment. Regional managers aware and ineffective in stamping this out Bonus payments although promised never get to staff on the ground. Always some excuse why you are not entitled.

Advice to Management

This might come as a surprise. Try to remember your staff are honest hardworking human beings with famlies, not some sort of sub human species.

"This job is absolutely awful I would highly recommend to avoid. Would give 0 stars if I could"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Photo-Me International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None apart from leaving at the end of your shift and getting paid, providing HR don't mess up your wages. My Area Manager is good but clearly has too many stores to look after

Cons

Lone working, poor management, lack of communication and training, outdated equipment, stressful environment... Could go on forever.

You are expected to sell products which take over a week to arrive, people can get these services online for cheaper and alot faster!

Stores have no management in place whatsoever, your left to your own devices to deal with what managers get paid loads for. I am constantly having to print price lists and signs from my home printer, buy stationary etc because the company never seems to visit the stores or provide you with the tools you need.

The instant self service machines are awful and cause nothing but complaints, they constantly freeze and eat the customer's money leaving you with angry people to deal with all day.

You can't take a break because your Lone working and you'll come back to an angry que of people who can't seem to read the 'Back in - Minutes' Sign, and half of ASDA on a man hunt for you.

You can't have a day off either because the Lone working means everytime somebody is sick, has holidays or is late you have to cover them, and if you say no yet again you get the angry customers who came to collect their orders and nobody was there.

Everytime you have to call a Photo-me helpine, the people are so rude!

Stock take was the most stressful morning of my life, went to work at 7am on my day off, had to print the sheets myself because the company failed to send us them, spend hours counting thousands of confusing film development parts just for a very rude man from head office to call and tell me it has to all done again!

Advice to Management

Be nice to the staff, visit the stores and you will realise why you are not making money. Don't blame the staff for poor management and organisation.

"company needs to sort itself out in photo-me retail"

Pros

get to work with photos and printing

Cons

First day of work my manager forgot to even tell the people who were training me I was coming as she forgot I was even going to be starting.

Worked (still working for them) for PMR fo 3 months and I can't believe the state of it after PMR has taken over from asda. PMR has bitten off more than they can chew as they only want to use thier own engineers who have no clue how to fix any photo-centre equipment and make themselves useless.

Photo-me international staff sometimes talk down to you as if you have no common sense when you try sorting out issues.

They basically leave you to figure everything out yourself without any help. Management don't answer their phones or give you instructions on how to even book a holiday.

Advice to Management

Actually answer your phones, respond to emails. Bother to visit your staff. I have worked there for 3 months and I have only seen my manager when I did an interview. You are meant to see your manager every 4 weeks!

Check up on your staff for once.

"Better than being unemployed"

Current Employee - Technician
    Current Employee - Technician

Pros

It's very difficult to think of any pros, other than working at Photo-Me gives you a very good insight into poor management practices.

Cons

Total lack of respect shown to staff by certain managers. No proper direction with regards to how the company should be moving forward.

Advice to Management

Advice to management? The good ones (and there are a few), get out while you can. The rest of them, well they should be ashamed to call themselves managers.

"to avoid"

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time

Pros

no advantage. Only useful to learn how to resist to the pressure of the french 70' management style.

Cons

No team spirit - Silo approach - Terror management - No vision except the short term cash flow top management interest - High senior management turn over - No respect of the terms of labor contract - Personel harassement, etc

"Seriously think twice before working here, I'd give them 0 stars if I could."

Current Employee - Field Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Photo-Me International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I really can't think of any pros other than that you can go home at the end of the day and look for other jobs.

Cons

A sad fear driven working culture and environment where regional managers and senior management try to boost efficiency by driving staff down and demoralising them. There is no team work and upgrades / projects are a last minute thought which are expected to be finalised on top of ludicrous work loads. Managers have a bizarre obsession with dust, There is no advancement opportunities, no paid overtime and very sly , two faced bonus schemes that only benefit management after promising field staff. It's a cash cow company in a dying industry. The biometric market will probably cripple PMI when the day comes.

Advice to Management

My advise would be to replace the senior management. Listen to the people at the bottom and actually pay attention to them. They are the ambassadors to the company and the backbone of the business.